Mascots (New Christopher Guest!!!)

5,580 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by True Anomaly
Jim01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh hell yes! I couldn't be more excited for this. Best In Show is an all-time classic and frankly all his movies are to me.

Coming to NetFlix in October.

GiveEmHellBill
AG

Okay, they had me at "Danny the Donkey" who was anatomically correct.....

Holy sh*t, that looks like the funniest thing Guest has done.
Humorous Username
AG
Awesome!
I was worried Guest and company were done after For Your Consideration.

Best In Show and A Mighty Wind are always stop and watch movies for me.
Professor Frick
AG
Love that they've added some new folks to the old gang. Zach Woods is a brilliant improviser. Plus dude from IT Crowd and Jessica Newport (of the Sweetums Corporation) should be great as well.
Btron
AG
I wasn't too impressed with the trailer, but the cast and Guest should make me tune in.

I thought the Mascot world would be a good thing to explore. I have a good friend who was Brutus the Buckeye at OSU. He told me that he got recruited by professional sports teams, mostly basketball, to be a mascot in their rotation. He went to a combine of sorts, thought about getting an agent, etc. I was fascinated by the possible world of mascots.
My only :/ moment about that trailer is the mascots are so unbelievably stupid. A fist, a bowl of tomatoes, a pencil sharpener. If they were more your traditional, believable mascots I might be more interested.
Corporal Punishment
AG
Fred Willard is greatness. Parker Posey is still pretty damn cute, too. This has potential.
Yoda
AG
I'm in!
captkirk
AG
Looks like another classic
BMX Bandit
quote:
I wasn't too impressed with the trailer, but the cast and Guest should make me tune in.

I thought the Mascot world would be a good thing to explore. I have a good friend who was Brutus the Buckeye at OSU. He told me that he got recruited by professional sports teams, mostly basketball, to be a mascot in their rotation. He went to a combine of sorts, thought about getting an agent, etc. I was fascinated by the possible world of mascots.
My only :/ moment about that trailer is the mascots are so unbelievably stupid. A fist, a bowl of tomatoes, a pencil sharpener. If they were more your traditional, believable mascots I might be more interested.
Agree. They should have used realistic mascots like:

The Pretzel

http://wlds.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/pretzel1-400x328.jpg

Ear of Corn

http://allrookie.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Cobbers.jpg

Fighting Pickle

http://i2.wp.com/allrookie.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Fighting-Pickle.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=375%2C500

Beer Keg

http://www.rantsports.com/clubhouse/files/2016/01/Keggy-the-Keg.png

A Tree

http://www.rantsports.com/clubhouse/files/2013/11/Stanford-Tree.jpg
TP Ag '87
AG
In. Love their schtick.
Tobias Funke
AG
Nobody else effortlessly makes me laugh as hard as Fred Willard
AggieSouth06
Wait, Guest is reprising Corky St. Claire?? Oh god I'm so in.
Post removed:
by user
Garrelli 5000
AG
I remember the first time I watched Best in Show. I laughed my ass off while thinking the entire time "This isn't supposed to be funny. This is so weird. Holy s*** this is incredible."

I didn't realize the genius of Christopher Guest, and admit my ignorance that I hadn't seen Spinal Tap.
Tanya 93
I always showed Best in Show when I was doing a unit on impromptu comedy.

Most of their lines are ad-libbed.
PatAg
AG
Always like seeing what younger actors Guest chooses for these movies.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
KidDoc
AG
This looks amazing!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
LHIOB
AG
Bump!

Its available
3rdGen2015
AG
Might have to watch tonight. That cast is more than enough to get me interested.
captkirk
AG
Mildly amusing
PatAg
AG
THe furry conversation was pretty funny.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Thought it was funny, the guy that played Sid the hedgehog had a delivery very similar to Ricky Gervais. I give it a b.
YouBet
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Thought it was funny, the guy that played Sid the hedgehog had a delivery very similar to Ricky Gervais. I give it a b.
Agreed. There were times he sounded identical to him.

The fighting couple was awesome.

We rank it thusly:
1. Spinal Tap
2. Best In Show
3. Mascots
4. The rest of them....
watty
AG
Can't wait to watch this. Also, Guffman is his best film and Corky is possibly the funniest character in movie history.
FightnFarmerUSMC
AG
Brad Williams, the little person Fred Willard was talking to, is one of the better stand up comics out there right now. I've seen him 5 or 6 times and he's always hilarious. Check out his stuff on Pandora or Spotify. I hope he gets some decent screen time.
Jim01
AG
I agree with the B+ ranking after one viewing but his films tend to grow on me. I was dying laughing at a couple parts. I will definitely be repeat viewing though. It also made me want to watch all his other films again (for the millionth time). To me there isn't a real dud in the entire lot.
Professor Frick
AG
FightnFarmerUSMC said:

Brad Williams, the little person Fred Willard was talking to, is one of the better stand up comics out there right now. I've seen him 5 or 6 times and he's always hilarious. Check out his stuff on Pandora or Spotify. I hope he gets some decent screen time.

I've never seen his act, but he's always a great guest on Doug Loves Movies (podcast).
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Watched it on Saturday and loved it. Another great one by Guest.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
By the way, did Eugene Levy and Christopher Guest have a falling out? He wasn't in this and didn't get a writing credit (unless I missed it).
Jim01
AG
Everything I read just said scheduling conflict. Harry Shearer and Catherine O'Hara were absent for the same reasons.
Max Power
AG
Must be due to *****t's Creek, solid show on Amazon. Chris Elliott is also on that one, it's worth a watch if you need a show to check out.
Humorous Username
AG
#InYOURear
Humorous Username
AG
Jim01 said:

Everything I read just said scheduling conflict. Harry Shearer and Catherine O'Hara were absent for the same reasons.

It sounded like Shearer was the announcer at the competition.
watty
AG
I'm like 30 minutes in and this movie is freaking awesome. Can't stop laughing.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.