The band named Pop Evil, song called Take It All...

2,056 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by FNG
Old Sarge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My texags is not working right, or I would link it. Has anyone heard it, or listen to the band? I am an old schooler when it comes to rock (Van Halen, not Van Hagar), old KISS, Boston, ELO, etc,, but my 11 year old has heard all of that (except the real bad stuff) and has started liking pop-ish stuff, which makes me puke. (the music) I have been listening to Octane on Sirius looking for something "new" I might like that he might also. Well, the other day it was turned low, and this song comes on he picked up on, and said he'd like to use it as a walk-up song for his Select/Elite baseball tournaments.

The song was Take It All by Pop Evil of all things. Band out of Michigan, with a large following up north. The open for bigger acts, but their music is used for Michigan's pump up music for football games.

I have not delved into but a few of their songs, but seem fairly tame with the lyrics (no killing/death/overly sex ridden for what I have heard. So not too bad for an 11 year old that would listen.

Anyone here listen to them?
aw08
Hell yeah! 'Monster you made' and '100 in a 55' are two of their old school songs from '08 that rock!
astros4545
AG
I've heard it at the gym, and every time I hear them I think, "what is this weak ass ****"
Old Sarge
AG
Astros,

Maybe reading comp escapes you, but this was for my 11 yr old. What you would like is probably not suitable for late teens, or Christians.

Speaking of weak ass ****, your astros finished strong this year, huh?
SteveA
AG
Whooooooooo! Baseball burn!
Sex Panther
AG
SH/TTY MUSIC/BASEBALL FIGHT!!!
PatAg
AG
quote:
Astros,

Maybe reading comp escapes you, but this was for my 11 yr old. What you would like is probably not suitable for late teens, or Christians.

Speaking of weak ass ****, your astros finished strong this year, huh?
?
KidDoc
AG
I like several of their songs pretty good for a modern rock band.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Old Sarge
AG
PatAg,

What I meant by what you highlighted probably should have been more clear. It does not have to be Christian rock, but an edgy rock that does not deal with the devil, our souls falling, or other death themes found so much in today's harder rock. Just a jam up, gonna kick butt, pump you up, physical type music.

astros came in and called it lame, cause he heard it at the gym, which is an adult venue. And he did it in a disparaging way, when if he read my post would have known it was not for an adult audience. If he read my post, he would know that I was a fan of the older hard rock in the day, some of which I still censor from my 11 yr old. No need for the explanations at his age. Its coming soon, but why bands play songs about creeping soul death, and stuff like that is not what an 11 year old thinks about in a baseball walk-up song, which is what my son was remarking about.

My son likes Take It All by Pop Evil. It will likely be his Select Baseball walk-up song. I hope astros finds it satisfying that he can call some 11 year old's walk-up song some weak ass *****
Old Sarge
AG
I would edit my above post, but like mentioned in the OP, my texags is broken.....

If astros4545 would be man enough to tell my 11 year old that his music sucks, my 11 year old would look at him and say...So?
KidDoc
AG
quote:
PatAg,

What I meant by what you highlighted probably should have been more clear. It does not have to be Christian rock, but an edgy rock that does not deal with the devil, our souls falling, or other death themes found so much in today's harder rock. Just a jam up, gonna kick butt, pump you up, physical type music.

astros came in and called it lame, cause he heard it at the gym, which is an adult venue. And he did it in a disparaging way, when if he read my post would have known it was not for an adult audience. If he read my post, he would know that I was a fan of the older hard rock in the day, some of which I still censor from my 11 yr old. No need for the explanations at his age. Its coming soon, but why bands play songs about creeping soul death, and stuff like that is not what an 11 year old thinks about in a baseball walk-up song, which is what my son was remarking about.

My son likes Take It All by Pop Evil. It will likely be his Select Baseball walk-up song. I hope astros finds it satisfying that he can call some 11 year old's walk-up song some weak ass *****
Their song Trenches was used for NFL a few years ago. Another modern rock band with stronger Christian undertones is Pillar. Their song Love of the Game is pretty good imo.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
not... overly sex ridden for what I have heard
Listen to Boss' Daughter
62strat
AG
quote:
Its coming soon, but why bands play songs about creeping soul death, and stuff like that is not what an 11 year old thinks about in a baseball walk-up song.

Creeping death by Metallica:
Slaves Hebrews born to serve, to the pharaoh
Heed To his every word, live in fear
Faith Of the unknown one, the deliverer
Wait Something must be done, four hundred years

So let it be written
So let it be done
I'm sent here by the chosen one
So let it be written
So let it be done
To kill the first born pharaoh son
I'm creeping death

Now Let my people go, land of goshen
Go I will be with thee, bush of fire
Blood Running red and strong, down the Nile
Plague Darkness three days long, hail to fire

So let it be written
So let it be done
So let it be written
So let it be done
I'm creeping death

Die by my hand
I creep across the land
Killing first born man

Die by my hand
I creep across the land
Killing first born man

I Rule the midnight air, the destroyer
Born I shall soon be there, deadly mass
I Creep the steps and floor, final darkness
Blood Lamb's blood, painted door, I shall pass

So let it be written
So let it be done
So let it be written
So let it be done
I'm creeping death

First of all that entire song is loaded with biblical themes and stories; very Christian.

And also, that's an awesome walk song.
astros4545
AG
If we care about nice words, maybe his walk up song should just be spoken word poetry

But for a walk up song, I think more of a great guitar based intro with great riff. I mean, it's only gonna last 10 seconds anyways...

There are some great classic rock riffs, i am fond of

Savatage - Hall of the Mountain King
R0GUE
AG
He should walk up to Let It Go. It would be hilarious!
FNG
quote:
If we care about nice words, maybe his walk up song should just be spoken word poetry

But for a walk up song, I think more of a great guitar based intro with great riff. I mean, it's only gonna last 10 seconds anyways...

There are some great classic rock riffs, i am fond of

Savatage - Hall of the Mountain King

My dad used to play the original orchestral version of Hall of the Mountain King for us. Great tune.
FNG
Also...

Walk up songs for youth baseball? Seriously?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.