Metallica and their new Album

10,296 Views | 104 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jorgerr96
champagnepapi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Old sound!!!!

Kill em all and ride the lightning sounding.
CorpsAg11
AG
I'm assuming you're just basing this on the single or have you somehow heard the whole album already?

Single was pretty good
R0GUE
AG
Is the full single on the Internet somewhere? I've only heard the snippet from the trailer.
MGS
By the way, the Black Album came out 25 years ago this month.
Whoop04
I listened to the song. It sounds like a parody of Metallica.
The Debt
quote:
I listened to the song. It sounds like a parody of Metallica.

It sounds like it was mixed in Dublin
Know Your Enemy
AG
I like the music on the new song but the lyrics are bad.

"We're so ****ed, **** outta luck"

C'mon, Hetfield.
Professor Frick
AG
There's a song on this new album called "manUNkind". That is some Spinal Tap level nonsense right there.
fretyuioz
Metallica has always had goofy/cheesy song titles.
Know Your Enemy
AG
quote:
Metallica has always had goofy/cheesy song titles.

Agree to disagree.
Whoop04
Yeah, the lyrics are something I would expect from a middle school garage band. Turrible.
62strat
AG
quote:
Is the full single on the Internet somewhere? I've only heard the snippet from the trailer.
yeh it's on radio and Metallica YouTube channel, along with the live premier from Minneapolis.
62strat
AG
I agree I was a little disappointed in the we're f-ed, chit out of of luck. He's a great lyricist. That's not that great.

They have awesome song titles, frayed ends of sanity, creeping death, master of puppets, the throng that should not be, my friend of misery.

Damn I could pretty much name every song from Rtl through black album. Kill em all is a little more cheesy and 80s metal.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
**** them. Give me my napster back.
Eliminatus
AG
The sound of the new single is definitely a nod to their past.

The lyrics are terrible and kill the song for me. And I say that as a huge Metallica fanboy. Lyrics are weak, childish, and don't resonate with me at all. Not heavy hitting or thought provoking like their past stuff at all.

Post removed:
by user
62strat
AG
This is their typical short, fast, in your face song. It's usually last (damage inc, dyer's eve, struggle within, my apocalypse).

it's a 7/10 for me.. it's got a cool main riff.

It's definitely leaving me very curious to hear the rest.
spag.ag2003
AG
Song rips live - I was meh on it until I saw the stream of the Minneapolis show.

It's definitely much simpler and straight ahead than a usual Metallica song but it sounds like they were trying to channel the band Discharge (during recording the song was referred to as Riff Charge). Discharge wrote Free Speech for the Dumb and The More I See which were on Garage Inc - short, simple, repetitive, punky songs.

FWIW it also sounds like the rest of the album (11 songs and 77 minutes) will be more typical Metallica.
gordo97
AG
Metallica went downhill after Dave Mustaine left
YokelRidesAgain
AG
quote:
Metallica went downhill after Dave Mustaine left

Before the first album? They were totally awesome before making any records and downhill ever since?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gordo97
AG
Exactly
dixie whiskey
AG
i don't consider myself a metallica fan being that I hate more of their stuff than i like, and the stuff I like I dont love. But I appreciate the original albums at least. That said the new song is just bad. lyrics aside, there's nothing interesting or creative about it. Its like they tried to put together a thrash song, but its just bland, weak, and awkward. Its just a cheesy attempt to once again redifine their sound
JSKolache
AG
quote:
i don't consider myself a metallica fan being that I hate more of their stuff than i like, and the stuff I like I dont love. But I appreciate the original albums at least. That said the new song is just bad. lyrics aside, there's nothing interesting or creative about it. Its like they tried to put together a thrash song, but its just bland, weak, and awkward. Its just a cheesy attempt to once again redifine their sound
They turned creative for a couple albums and we all hated it. Glad the sound is back in the right lane.
Professor Frick
AG
quote:

They turned creative for a couple albums.

Is that what that was?
62strat
AG
I think load/reload are full of great songs, and showed they could write more than just fast riffs.

Of course juxtaposed with st. anger maybe makes them that much better to me.

But the sound quality and dynamics on those albums are pretty superior to all their others in my opinion.
El Chupacabra
Decent sound. Terrible lyrics.
Easy 8
I found this very interesting. It just goes to show how much guitar tone can affect a song.

zgood10
AG
They just posted their new song "Moth Into Flame" on Facebook. Gotta say, it's pretty solid. Production on this album sounds really good. Kinda wish Death Magnetic sounded like that.
OasisMan
AG
quote:
Metallica and their new Album

"Sad but true"
astros4545
AG
Great song
62strat
AG
quote:
They just posted their new song "Moth Into Flame" on Facebook. Gotta say, it's pretty solid. Production on this album sounds really good. Kinda wish Death Magnetic sounded like that.
Just heard this on Octane.

That's a kick ass song. Love the chorus with vocal harmonies. Hetfield's voice sounds f-in good on this song.

zgood10
AG
Counterpoint
AG
quote:
I found this very interesting. It just goes to show how much guitar tone can affect a song.

That was VERY cool. But I was hoping they'd make it all the way to St. Anger so I could hear how drum tones also affect the sound.
Cancelled
AG
I'm not a Metallica fan, but....I lost my train of thought.
LegettHall
quote:
Old sound!!!!

Kill em all and ride the lightning sounding.
Old sound is the problem--for me.

Take Death Magnetic. They play a grand total of 1 song of it now and that rarely--Cyanide. The raving done by Only Metallica And No Other Band Counts will never admit Death Magnetic was subpar. Metallica "gets it" or they play more off of it.

Gimme the Black album, but especially Load. Reload is good, too.

Best performances they ever did on DVD, Fort Worth, 1997, "Cunning Stunts." Played Hero of the Day, Until It Sleeps, Ain't My *****, threw in Fuel although unreleased.

I was there and they hammered it.

They were so intense.

JMHO.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.