*****Official Hip Hop Thread*****

823 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Carl Underguard
TajMaballer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There have been some really good hip hop albums this year, and I thought it would be cool to have a thread where we consolidate some new releases and maybe try to revisit some classic albums.

Also, Frank Ocean's new album, Boys Don't Cry, comes out Friday. Pretty excited for that one.

Some of my personal favorites from the year so far:

Anderson Paak-Malibu
Kanye- The Life of Pablo
Beyonc- Lemonade
Chance the Rapper- Coloring Book
Drake-Views
YG- Still Brazy
Kendrick Lamar- untitled. unmastered
Gucci Mane- Everybody Looking
Schoolboy Q- Blank Face
Z-Ro- Drankin and Drivin

And we are due for a Danny Brown album next month! Maybe Run the Jewels 3 comes out this year or early next.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Gucci's album >>>
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Not an official album, but Slime Season 3 is my favorite rap release this year.
TajMaballer
AG
I didn't understand the Young Thug hype, but then I stopped being an idiot and opened my ears. His feature game has been on point this year!
dixie whiskey
AG
Mr lif- don't look down

aesop rock- the impossible kid. been a huge fan since the early days, love the way his music has evloved over the years. getting a lot more personal on this album after showing a little of it on skelethon

Flatbush zombies- 3001

open mike eagle and Paul white- hella personal film festival . started getting into OME after bring introduced on dorner vs tookie, digging this

Kendrick Lamar- untitled

saul williams- martyr loser king. I'm counting this as hip hop

clipping- wriggle ep. can't wait for the new full length album fixing to drop

schoolboy q- blank face. not on the level of oxymoron for me, but still solid.

death grips- bottomless pit. like it better than a lot of their more recent stuff, but really everything they do is gonna be a little disappointing when you compare it to the money store. their side project, the ily's, put out a new album that I'm loving but now we're straying from hop hop

lushlife and cslsx- rituals

I'm sure I'm leaving something important off this list, but this will do for now.

texag06ish
AG
Great list.

Gonna give YG and and the new Zero a try.
texag06ish
AG
I might give Young Thug a try.

The track on Gucci Mane's album where he guest stars is pretty solid but here is my take on Young Thugs chorus: Indiscernible jabber, Cookie Monster impression, Gucci raps.
TajMaballer
AG
Joey Bada$$ put out a song yesterday that I have been playing on repeat. Sidenote, it was also weird seeing him on Mr. Robot talking about Seinfeld.

TajMaballer
AG
No, My Name is JEFFERY is on Apple Music.
Carl Underguard
AG
I've been listening to Vic Mensa's There's Alot Going On a lot lately. It's only an EP, but it's really good.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.