Ghostbusters (as in the Actual New Movie)

1,369 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Fairview
ro828
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There were 384 postings about the previews for this, and seemingly nothing posted about the movie itself. Mrs. Ro and the family and I saw it, and it has a very few moments that are laugh out loud funny. The audience- large auditorium, almost full- laughed here and there, but nothing sustained. There are good cameos from some original cast members. But the movie drags in places and could easily have thirty minutes cut out of it, but does get better as it goes along. And a young lady named Kate McKinnon's performance (or maybe it's just the script) is almost bad enough to qualify as a Felony. I haven't seen mugging and overacting like that since the glory days of Jerry Lewis.
Zemira
AG
Try skipping to page 8 of the thread. Usually the trailer/preview threads morph into the movie thread unless the movie is good enough to warrant a second thread.

http://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2729296/8
jabberwalkie09
AG
In which case, this was definitely not.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
it tanked - as it should have.

hopefully this will put an end to the forced all-female remakes idea.
TexasAggie_02
AG
quote:
it tanked - as it should have.

hopefully this will put an end to the forced all-female remakes idea.
You're not looking forward to the "Duchesses of Hazzard" with Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Watson, and Melissa McCarthy as Aunt Jessie? With Chris Hemsworth wearing Casey Dukes? Obviously Boss Hogg and Rosco will still be men b/c they were bumbling idiots. Sara Silverman will replace Cooter as "D i c k ie."
chipotle
I watched it via questionable means. Wasn't even meh. Wasn't awful it was just....forgettable.
dreyOO
I love it. My kids are too young to watch it, but they love the idea of Ghostbusters. So when they're old enough in a few years, we'll just pop in the original and they'll be looking forward to it.

This new one is garbage.
Fairview
AG
quote:
You're not looking forward to the "Duchesses of Hazzard" with Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Watson...

This part with those two may intrest me...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.