Garth Brooks World Tour - San Antonio

1,873 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TXAG 05
KC_Ag14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Too cool of a story not to share with fellow Ags.

Wife, BIL, his GF & myself all went to the Garth Brooks concert on Friday night in San Antonio. "Wow" is all I can say, what a show. If you ever were a fan of his, catching him in concert is a must.

That would've been my synopsis of the show regardless. But the cool part was this: we got to the AT&T Center about hour before the scheduled start time. We grab some drinks and head to our seats located in the nosebleeds and behind the stage. There really isn't a bad seat in AT&T and fortunately we noticed there was a walkway on stage for him to walk around and see everyone.

All of a sudden, an older couple with big sparkly Garth badges on their chests approach us in our seats. "Man, y'all are way up here!" they said. Then they told us Garth saves back front row floor seats for every show and asks his crew to give them to spectators in the nosebleeds for a free upgrade!! By God if us 4 didn't have a once in a lifetime experience standing second row for Garth Brooks.

Forever will love Garth and respect he has for his fans. If you consider yourself one, do yourself a favor and go see him on this tour!!
Duncan Idaho
People that do fake retirements. If you quit stay quit
Duncan Idaho
People that put on good shows
Matsui
TXAG 05
AG
quote:

He never said he was quitting. He was only taking a break until his youngest daughter was out of high school. Get over it.
Al Bula
AG
quote:
He never said he was quitting. He was only taking a break until his youngest daughter was out of high school. Get over it.
Chris Gaines fan identified.

Psychag
AG
Saw him twice...Ft. Worth and Reed Arena. Not even a country music fan. He puts on one of the best shows of ANY musician. I love how he pays tribute to classic rock.
JYDog90
AG
The Chronicle said he played until 2:30am?
KC_Ag14
AG
He played two shows (7 & 10:30) last night. Guy performs with a lot of energy, can't imagine the toll it takes on him now but you can tell he loves it. Playing one more show again tonight.
BurnetAg
The show started about 11:30pm and ended about 2:45am. Such a great show.
cr0wbar
AG
quote:
Duncan has been doing this on every Garth Brooks thread since he started touring last year.
TXAG 05
AG
quote:
quote:
Duncan has been doing this on every Garth Brooks thread since he started touring last year.

Yeah, he thinks George Strait is a big phony too.
Btron
AG
quote:
Too cool of a story not to share with fellow Ags.

Wife, BIL, his GF & myself all went to the Garth Brooks concert on Friday night in San Antonio. "Wow" is all I can say, what a show. If you ever were a fan of his, catching him in concert is a must.

That would've been my synopsis of the show regardless. But the cool part was this: we got to the AT&T Center about hour before the scheduled start time. We grab some drinks and head to our seats located in the nosebleeds and behind the stage. There really isn't a bad seat in AT&T and fortunately we noticed there was a walkway on stage for him to walk around and see everyone.

All of a sudden, an older couple with big sparkly Garth badges on their chests approach us in our seats. "Man, y'all are way up here!" they said. Then they told us Garth saves back front row floor seats for every show and asks his crew to give them to spectators in the nosebleeds for a free upgrade!! By God if us 4 didn't have a once in a lifetime experience standing second row for Garth Brooks.

Forever will love Garth and respect he has for his fans. If you consider yourself one, do yourself a favor and go see him on this tour!!
That's awesome and BS.
We were in 231 row 7, close to nose bleed. Where are our free seat upgrades?

This show was so badass. Minus that weird WORK intro song, he played hit, after hit, after hit. Without slowing down at all. His George Strait covers were incredible and that fiddle player owned the Amarillo by Morning solo.

Luckily we were at the 7pm show, I don't think I could have made it to 2:40am.
He must get an IV between shows, and possible PED's or Blood Doping.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:
quote:

The name of his last tour was "the cowboy rides away" so he should ride away. Did Bob Willis put out another album are "for the last time"? No he did not. He was a man of his word.
Duncan Idaho
By the way, of you have a chance listen to the planet money interview with kid rock where he discusses his ticket pricing schemes
TXAG 05
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The name of his last tour was "the cowboy rides away" so he should ride away. Did Bob Willis put out another album are "for the last time"? No he did not. He was a man of his word.
George never said he was retiring from making music or performing, only going on tours.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.