Who is your Batman?

5,598 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by fig96
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is pretty much a question about how old you are, but when you think of Batman, what actor do you think of? I have to go with Christian Bale.
NoHo Hank
AG
Kevin Conroy

Christian Bale in second
tallgrant
Kevin Conroy by a wide mile.
chipotle
Val Kilmer

Bwhahahahahaha.....I'm just funnin
AMW2010
AG
I'm Batman
TXAG 05
AG
Adam West/Michael Keeton
Icecream_Ag
S
Best batman - Michael Keaton
Best batman movie(s) - bale
Sex Panther
AG
Kevin Conroy
Duncan Idaho
Michael Keaton simply because his batman gave dignity to comic book movies and you could understand him.

I liked Affleck's batman as a middle aged guy that was fed up with everyone's *****

I would love to see a Daniel Day Lewis batman.
Icecream_Ag
S
On a related note, during the interview for "the death of Superman lives" Tim Burton said that Keatons famous "I'm Batman" was supposed to be "I'm batman mother f****r!", but the studio made them change it.
Sea Pony 07
AG
Kevin Conroy
TajMaballer
AG
Will Arnett
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
Kevin Conroy by a wide mile.

The best there is, the best there was, the best there ever will be.
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
Val Kilmer

Bwhahahahahaha.....I'm just funnin

I actually think he was a great Bruce Wayne, just not a very good Batman.
Saxsoon
AG
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
Kevin Conroy.
israeliag
AG
quote:
Will Arnett

Skip to 1:45 or so
Ambres
AG
Adam West - grew up watching him on tv. Remember being shock that Tim Burton made Batman so dark w/ Michael Keaton.
Michael Keaton - Best mix of both Bruce and Batman
Kevin Convoy - he is the voice that I now equate to Batman but Will Arnett is growing on me.

Hated George Clooney and Val Kilmer.
Philip J Fry
AG
Conroy and it isn't even close.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Kevin Conroy.
R0GUE
AG
+1 Conroy
AGnBCS
AG
+1 Conroy
Bale 2nd
GiveEmHellBill
AG

On a related note, my wife asked me last night who I thought was the best Joker. I told her, without question, it's Mark Hamill. She looked rather surprised.
Morpholino
AG
Keaton. "You wanna get nuts? Come on, let's get nuts!"

I thought Bale was the best, though.
Sex Panther
AG
Bale probably could've been if he hadn't done such a stupid voice

Haven't seen a Keaton one in a while, but he was definitely good as Batman. Except for the fact that he couldn't turn his head... Not sure about his Bruce Wayne though...

I do think Affleck might actually be the best (live action) one before all is said and done. He was very good as both Bruce and Bats in BvS.

I have never been a fan of Batman hanging with the Justice League, but from what I know about that version of him... is that he's almost like a robot.

He's as cold and calculating as you'll ever see him and shows almost no emotion. It looks like Affleck is going to play him with a little more charisma and humor though, which is a good thing in my opinion.
superunknown
AG
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
Bale probably could've been if he hadn't done such a stupid voice

Haven't seen a Keaton one in a while, but he was definitely good as Batman. Except for the fact that he couldn't turn his head... Not sure about his Bruce Wayne though...

I do think Affleck might actually be the best (live action) one before all is said and done. He was very good as both Bruce and Bats in BvS.

I have never been a fan of Batman hanging with the Justice League, but from what I know about that version of him... is that he's almost like a robot.

He's as cold and calculating as you'll ever see him and shows almost no emotion. It looks like Affleck is going to play him with a little more charisma and humor though, which is a good thing in my opinion.

See, I'm the exact opposite. When I've watched Justice League stuff, I always love how Batman is aloof. He's the one always calculating and plotting and leading while Green Lantern and Flash are joking around and Superman and Wonder Woman are busy being perfect and god-like. Batman is the stoic leader while everyone else has fun. I don't want a Batman that's all chummy with the other leaguers. He has to always be distant and and planning and above it all....he's the only regular Joe among all those supers who could kill him in an instant if they wanted to.
Tanya 93
Benny

Sex Panther
AG
I totally get that. I just think for the films Affleck has to carry this thing, and he has to have some wit and charm. Doesn't have to go full Tony Stark, but he needs to be more personable than the stoic Batman that does work in the JL comics/cartoons.

But I still think it's stupid seeing Batman hanging out with Gods, fighting aliens and stuff. I like Batman solving murders and human level crimes. Year One, Long Halloween etc...
MSCAg
AG
Keaton overall git the persona if Batman down. Bale was a very close 2nd. That voice....

Granted, many of the animations have done better.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:

On a related note, my wife asked me last night who I thought was the best Joker. I told her, without question, it's Mark Hamill. She looked rather surprised.

FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
I totally get that. I just think for the films Affleck has to carry this thing, and he has to have some wit and charm. Doesn't have to go full Tony Stark, but he needs to be more personable than the stoic Batman that does work in the JL comics/cartoons.

But I still think it's stupid seeing Batman hanging out with Gods, fighting aliens and stuff. I like Batman solving murders and human level crimes. Year One, Long Halloween etc...

Agree with you on both points....I think a big part of the success of these JL films will be the ability of Affleck and the kid who plays the Flash (forget his name right now, but I've seen him in other stuff) to provide enough charisma to make up for the stiffness/lack of personality from the others (Gadot, Mamoa, etc.)
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Christian Bale
Michael Keaton
Ben Affleck
jeffk
AG
quote:

Correct answer.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I will say that, although Conroy is clearly the best Batman, I would go with Keaton being (a distant) #2. I really liked him and think that Batman Returns is supremely entertaining.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.