Hell on Wheels finale

2,345 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rex Racer
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well, the ride ended tonight. While I enjoyed the series, this final half season was rushed and ill thought out.

Cullen, despite leaving his Mormon hottie, is wrecked because of a China girl?

The CP story line never really worked to me.

The whole Mickey and Eva complex, especially in the last episode.

Swede dying a bit too early.

And last, a slow boat to China? Seriously?

Solid series. Hated the ending.
R0GUE
AG
I liked the ending. Except they screwed up the Golden Spike scene. The actual story of that would have been great for tv.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I hit rewind twice thinking "that's not really it".
PatAg
AG
This show gets 6 seasons, and Deadwood can't even get a full 3.
Love this world I live in.
R0GUE
AG
I loved Deadwood, but this was a damn good western as well.

And Hell on Wheels ending was WAAAAAAAY more satisfying than Deadwood's.
Gomer95
AG
That was kind of a strange and abrupt ending but I was ok with it. I think to truly wrap it up they should do a stand alone 2 hour movie where he finds his woman, has a fight with that evil Chinese General guy and then they come back to America to live. Sure was a good series though.
Rex Racer
AG
I did enjoy Bohannon riding the train across the country and passing each of the sites from past seasons, from "Durant" which was the original Hell on Wheels community from season one, through Cheyenne, across the bridge that he built and tried to hang the Swede from after he murdered the "Fair-haired Maiden of the West", etc. That was a cool scene.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
I liked the ending. Except they screwed up the Golden Spike scene. The actual story of that would have been great for tv.

Too lazy to Google. What's the tldr?
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:

Too lazy to Google. What's the tldr?
Leland Stanford was the one who tried to drive in the actual spike, but having Durant do it was fine. But on the first swing he completely whiffed, but the telegraph guy sent the message "Done" on accident. So all over the country people were celebrating and cheering an epic fail. They had to have one of the regular railroad workers come over and do it instead.

And yes, a lot of people were following along via telegraph, its considered one of the first mass media events in US history.
Duncan Idaho
Liberal media spreading lies ad usual /politics board
et98
AG
I watched this show from the beginning, but I can't say that I ever thought it was that great. I enjoy westerns, and this has always been just about the only western modern television has to offer over the past several years so I put it on the DVR and just kept watching over the years, but I can't say it's ever been in my top 10 or even top 20 shows at any given time.

This show has always been a great idea that's poorly executed. Every season, it seems like the producers fire all the writers and half the actors and start over from scratch. I don't know if that's what they actually did or not, it just has always felt that way. With the exception of anthologies that are designed to be disjointed and completely unconnected from one season to the next, this may be the most disjointed series in TV history.

When this episode ended, I had no idea that this was the end of the series. They've had several season finales that seemed more like series finales than this one. Heck, they've even had a few episodes THIS SEASON that felt more like a series finale than this one. It wasn't until I saw something online the next day that I realized it was over.

Duncan Idaho
Spot on about the disjointed nature of the show.

Loved it but it could have been so much more
Ol Jock 99
AG
Blue star for you. Well said.
Rex Racer
AG
Agreed.

But I will say that this show had some of the best cinematography I have ever seen on television. I loved the way it was shot.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.