*** WONDER WOMAN ***

85,628 Views | 734 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Bruce Almighty
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now that an (admittedly great) official trailer has debuted at Comic-Con, along with the first poster, I figured its high time we give Wonder Woman her own thread...

Wonder Woman hits theaters in 2D, 3D, and IMAX 3D on June 2, 2017.

Bruce Almighty
AG
I thought the trailer was just ok.
TajMaballer
AG
I loved this trailer! I think the action is going to top BvS and MoS.
wangus12
AG
I'd like to give Wonder Woman something
Simplebay
AG
Looks like a less campy more polished Captain America 1.

Looks decent. Wasn't blown away.
chipotle
ha...chicks
West Point Aggie
AG
Wait? No platform stilettos?!? Linda Carter has a message...
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
I thought the trailer was just ok.

Agreed, and I'd been looking forward to this one. I don't know how they managed to make Chris Pine void of personality and charisma, but they did it in that trailer.
Texags is garbage
Will this be considered a pron?!
CorpsAg11
AG
She does not seem right for this role. WW is supposed to be curvy. Also, she is Israeli and speaks with a heavy accent.

I think Gina Carano was born to play WW but she might not have had the acting chops..
Vander
AG
quote:
She does not seem right for this role. WW is supposed to be curvy. Also, she is Israeli and speaks with a heavy accent.

I think Gina Carano was born to play WW but she might not have had the acting chops..

Gina Carano is way too short. Wonder Woman is almost 6' tall. Also Wonder Woman is basically Greek in origin, why would she not have an accent?

The curvy aspect I can buy but otherwise the above it nitpicking.

She apparently added 13 lbs of muscle for the role in comparison to even Batman vs Superman.
TCTTS
AG
A rarity, but I've gotta go with Vander on this one. Would have definitely liked someone a bit more charismatic, but at this point I honestly don't care.
AggieLitigator
Watched the trailer with two friends. One friend didn't like it. Myself and the other loved it.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:

And Gal Gadot DOES have the acting chops? Not from what I saw in BvS.
BR0
Meh.
CorpsAg11
AG
Maybe, but Carano is only 2 inches shorter than Gadot. And i mean c'mon....

CorpsAg11
AG
Good point
hunter2012
AG
I liked the trailer, save the last part with the secretary(weak comic relief). I think the Wonder Woman movie needs the darker tone to offset the suspension of disbelief with stuff like the lasso of truth and the Greek god origin.also the WW1 setting for action is intriguing and I look forward to it.

It'll be interesting because Marvel went the opposite direction with their "out there" heros like Thor and Guardians of the Galaxy which I thought had the funniest movies in the franchise. It seems their philosophy is to counteract suspension of disbelief with humor. So it'll be interesting on the opposite end of the spectrum with Wonder Woman.
Trident 88
AG
I had my doubts, but I think Gadot pulled it off. She looks damn good, is very confident, and I don't mind the accent at all.
aggiebq03+
I think that movie poster is amazing.
Ag Since 83
AG
Was that Chris Pine on a motorcycle? That'll never work in a movie...
Gigem314
AG
Very impressed with the trailer. I really like the WWI setting.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:

Is this a joke I'm not getting?
Quad Dog
AG
The WW1 setting is interesting, I'm curious how Steve Trevor fits into it. He's basically the Peggy Carter role from the first Captain America, but we know Wonder Woman isn't going into ice or dying at the end, does he? Do they kill Trevor, or figure out a way to keep him young for future movies? If they don't keep him young, does the modern Wonder Woman still love a man she met during WW1 100 years ago?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
quote:

Is this a joke I'm not getting?

maverick2076
Adrianne Paliki should have been Wonder Woman. And I hope that slow-mo fight scene bull**** is just for the trailer. I really don't want to watch 300: The Superhero Sequel.
rhutton125
AG
Yeah I'm not into physics-bending action sequences but the other action bits looked good. I'm not sure Gadot is that interesting or charismatic, though - the setting and the fighting style is more interesting than the mythos, the character, or any of the attempted punchlines. At least from that trailer.

My girlfriend is real excited for it though so I'll probably end up seeing it.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm beginning to think that it's in his contracts that he has to ride a motorcycle.
TexasAggie_02
AG
meh. my first thought was Capt America
80s Guy
I'll watch but disappointed that she won't be doing this...

spanky
AG
I didn't see the invisible plane in the trailer
Quad Dog
AG
quote:
I didn't see the invisible plane in the trailer
It's right there behind her in the poster.
spanky
AG
And people say CGI sucks
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
The WW1 setting is interesting, I'm curious how Steve Trevor fits into it. He's basically the Peggy Carter role from the first Captain America, but we know Wonder Woman isn't going into ice or dying at the end, does he? Do they kill Trevor, or figure out a way to keep him young for future movies? If they don't keep him young, does the modern Wonder Woman still love a man she met during WW1 100 years ago?

I don't know anything about the comics so this may be blasphemy, but I think they are going to throw a big surprise and have him eventually be Green Lantern
mazag08
AG
This would have had a bigger impact if it took place before BvS.

Feels weird to go back in time knowing the impact she will have already made on the present.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.