American Gods series trailer

2,161 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Al Bula
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgHawkeye
AG
My favorite Gaiman book along with Good Omens. I will definitely want to see what they do with it. Will also have to give it another read because it feels like it has been at least 10 years.
PatAg
AG
amazing cast
superunknown
AG
Holy crap. Not gonna lie I didn't recognize any of the cast but that's just fine with me because they all look fantastic.
agmrpink
AG
The trailer was pretty intriguing, and without any knowledge of the material, it looks like Devil's Advocate meets Supernatural.

Keeping it spoiler free, what would be a good synopsis or way to describe the book/show? (The back of the book didn't say much at all).
SeattleAgJr
quote:
The trailer was pretty intriguing, and without any knowledge of the material, it looks like Devil's Advocate meets Supernatural.

Keeping it spoiler free, what would be a good synopsis or way to describe the book/show? (The back of the book didn't say much at all).
The Gods of the Old world (Egyptian, Norse, etc), much diminished in power, face off against the gods of the new world who are more "worshipped" these days (god of technology, money, etc/, mixed in with a road trip across America.
MBAR
AG
My favorite Gaimen book. I am definitely hoping they do it justice.
HeardAboutPerio
AG
Is that Lincoln from the 100? No wonder the killed him off! Great actor. Ricky Whittle

What's the premise?
Deputy Travis Junior
Just came across the trailer on Twitter. I know nothing about the source material but that's a damn good trailer.
Clavell
AG
Loved the book, really looking forward to this one.
SeattleAgJr

Gillian Anderson as Media
Clavell
AG
http://www.theverge.com/2017/2/23/14715164/american-gods-neil-gaiman-premiere-april-30th-starz

Quote:

The television adaptation of Neil Gaiman's best-selling fantasy novel American Gods finally has a release date. We've been eagerly waiting for news on the show, which will air April 30th on Starz.

The show is written by Bryan Fuller (of Hannibal and Pushing Daisies fame) and Michael Green (who co-wrote the dark new Wolverine movie Logan). It stars Deadwood's Ian McShane as Mr. Wednesday, and The 100's Ricky Whittle as protagonist Shadow Moon. The show will run for eight episodes, and will first screen during this year's SXSW festival on March 11th.

Can't wait, unless too much time is spent on this:
Quote:

The show will take some liberties with Gaiman's novel, with his blessing back in December, we learned that the author helped invent a new character, Vulcan, as a way to address "America's obsession with guns and gun control,"
Zombie
I certainly hope the movie is better than the book. I don't know what it was but I had such a hard time liking the book. I think it may have been the pace was just way too slow for me.
Clavell
AG
Not a movie. Sounds like eight episode miniseries.
DonaldFDraper
AG
I am in the same boat. Finished the book a couple months ago. It was ok - not great, not bad.

I am interested in how the show is brought to "life" though and the cast is solid.
Al Bula
AG
Zombie said:

I certainly hope the movie is better than the book. I don't know what it was but I had such a hard time liking the book. I think it may have been the pace was just way too slow for me.
Thank you. I didn't get the acclaim for the book either.

The show looks interesting though.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.