Narcos Season 2 Trailer!

1,675 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by beanbean
My Dad Earl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Finally!

Duncan Idaho
Still no Johnny drama cameo
Morpholino
AG
Can't wait for this. Was skeptical of the first season but after I started watching, became instantly hooked.
ja86
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Thunder18
MichaelJ
AG
Wished they would have wrapped up Escobar in season 1 and taken each season to capture a different drug kingpin
aTmAg
AG
quote:
Wished they would have wrapped up Escobar in season 1 and taken each season to capture a different drug kingpin
They would have had to make season 1 a lot longer (or cut out a lot). It wasn't certain that it would be a hit, so they would have been risking a lot to blow a lot of money on it. I don't care where the season lines are drawn, just that the show is good.
Quincey P. Morris
AG
So did Escobar's brother drop his law suit or do they just not care?
MW03
AG
Narcos was one of the very best shows I watched last year. Extremely stoked for the return.

Incidentally, I recommend "The Cartel" by Don Winslow if you're interested at all in the mexican drug wars. It's slated for an eventual movie with Ridley Scott directing DiCaprio as the lead.
My Dad Earl
AG
quote:
So did Escobar's brother drop his law suit or do they just not care?
This is news to me. Did he actually file a lawsuit on Netflix?
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Looking around I'm not sure if he filed anything, but he's demanding $1 billion and wants to review season 2 for accuracy. I saw an article that says he doesn't have much to stand on. He apparently was the accountant and they cut him out of it altogether and replaced him with the other character. I only even found out about it because I was googling when the new season was going to be released and there were some people right after it happened saying they might have to push the premiere.
Tabasco
AG
In!
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Narcos was one of the very best shows I watched last year. Extremely stoked for the return.

Incidentally, I recommend "The Cartel" by Don Winslow if you're interested at all in the mexican drug wars. It's slated for an eventual movie with Ridley Scott directing DiCaprio as the lead.

Hope it is better than his last attempt at a cartel movie, the counselor.

That movie had potentially everything thing going for it from the director/producer to the material to the cast to the writer and it was a boring jumbled mess.

Seriously if I could order a movie ala carte, this would have been it. But damned it done sucked.
MW03
AG
I have mixed feelings about The Counselor. I would never call it a good movie, but I do watch it when it comes on for some reason I can't put my finger on. It's dark and unpleasant and features overly complicated dialogue, so I'm assuming it's pretty close to McCarthy's book. Every time I flip over too it, I find myself concentrating hard on what's being said, especially in the "take her place upon the wheel" conversation.

It's a weird movie for me.

Anyway, The Cartel is also pretty bleak, but it's wonderfully written.
Duncan Idaho
You are probably more correct than I am. I am just stuck judging the movie agaist it's potential.
If it had been a first movie with a bunch of unknowns, I would have said it was really good. Maybe even great

But it was such a waste of talent.
Ranger222
AG
I'm just disappointed this will be popping up during the opening weekend of college football
Cappo
AG
Season 1 was fantastic.

Count me in as stoked for Season 2
MASAXET
AG
quote:

Agree on both. And the crazy thing about the cartel is, although it's a fictional telling, the vast majority of events in the book and characters are true. It's crazy to read (or listen to the audiobook as I did) and then research the true events that inspired different characters or situations in the book. I highly recommend the Cartel like MW03
Centerpole90
AG
Holy sh*t. If season 2 is 1/3 as good as that trailer it'll be the best TV evar.
beanbean
This is great timing for me. I just watched season 1 this weekend. I was wondering if there was going to be a season 2 because I knew there was more to the Escobar story. I googled it to see if the there was any talk of season 2 and low and behold, it comes out in a little over a month! Awesome-o.

Anyway, I watched the first 2 episodes several months ago, but never came back to them for whatever reason. Last week, a co-worker and I got in a conversation about Escobar and he told me I need to watch Narcos. I said, yeah I started that, but never finished it. So I went back this weekend and started from the beginning again and binged watched it. Good stuff.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.