Vice Principals on HBO

43,458 Views | 316 Replies | Last: 22 days ago by Ghost of Bisbee
AgsWin2011
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just saw the pilot. I thought it was freakin hilarious but I love Danny McBride.

Hope this show makes it.
oragator
I was excited for it but thought it was pretty weak, I think I legitimately laughed once. Same exact character he always plays, but without the edge Kenny powers had and very little of the subtle irony that show brought. The other other vice principal was not enough to save it for me.
Will give it a few more episodes to find itself but not overly hopeful.
R0GUE
AG
I was cracking up when he interrupted the song.

"You RUINED it. Ruined it."
State of Texas
I thought it was really funny, but I like Walton Goggins. And I usually don't like Danny McBride, but he had a few lines I liked. I'm a teacher/coach so I thought it was funny to see something over the top like this.
Roland Schitt
AG
I was hoping it would be better honestly. I think the problem for me is this - Danny McBride as Kenny Powers was his perfect role. He played it so well and it was hilarious. This is like Kenny Half-Powers, sort of funny and kind of smart-a$$, but just not the same. I don't know, guess I enjoyed Eastbound & Down too much. I'll give it a shot but was pretty disappointed overall.
mhayden
I love Goggins, but I couldn't be less intrigued by the previews... not just that it doesn't seem funny, but it seems downright awkward.
Old School Brother
Borderline unwatchable
mazag08
AG
This episode fell kind of flat. I only laughed when the ex wife and new guy were leaving. New bf says "bye Neal."

Neal waves while muttering "**** off."

For some reason that line got me. I bet the show gets better, but that episode was overall a dud. Didn't have the same energy as EBAD.
AgPediRPh
AG
LMAO when he was telling the kid he was going to be violated during In School Suspension
TresPuertas
AG
I turned it off 15 minutes in.
beatlesphan
AG
You guys are comparing the first episode of a new series to the greatness of 4 seasons of Eastbound and Down. Give it time. I think it has potential.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Bunk Moreland
quote:
You guys are comparing the first episode of a new series to the greatness of 4 seasons of Eastbound and Down. Give it time. I think it has potential.

I wont post much on this thread as this show probably wont hold my attention for more than 2 or 3 episodes.

That being said...Eastbound and Down was fantastic TV for about 1.5 seasons, and utter dog**** the rest of the way. So in a sense, if I'm going to compare it, I'd hope the beginning is great since that's the arc E&D took.

However, you are right that it is a pilot, which is why I'm going to give it one more ep, but I agree with the person who said it was borderline unwatchable.

McBride looks like he's just mailing it in. A random chuckle here or there, otherwise it was painfully bad with no redeeming qualities.
WES2006AG
AG
VERY underwhelmed by Ep 1.
Teacher_Ag
AG
I enjoyed it. But I think maybe being a teacher makes all of it a lot funnier.
ATM9000
AG
I'll continue to watch for maybe another episode but anyone who found the pilot remotely funny is just optimistic that it turns out like Eastbound and Down. The Pilot was awful in my opinion.
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
I'll continue to watch for maybe another episode but anyone who found the pilot remotely funny is just optimistic that it turns out like Eastbound and Down. The Pilot was awful in my opinion.
I thought it was funny and I've never seen Eastbound and Down.
Serious Lee
goggins gives me hope cause this is a new role for him, but it seemed like the whole episode was just him and mcbride trading F bombs.

Think only time i laughed was when mcbride said "Oh im pretty affirmative how she got in".
oragator
Second episode was way better than the first. Much more what I was hoping for when they announced the series.
We'll see if they can sustain it:
astros4545
AG
agreed
Connd
Second episode was a lot better than the first. Couldn't believe that they actually burned down her house. I really hope they turn Walton Goggins into a psychopath. But if they show digresses and becomes the quality of the first episode I will stop watching.
Furlock Bones
AG
Love Danny McBride and Walton Goggins.
MaroonStain
AG
He also played the transvestite in Justified.
cwpaggie07
AG
quote:
I think you mean Sons of Anarchy

He was Boyd Crowder on Justified
zap
AG
Episode 2 was a big improvement. Walton Goggins is fantastic. Lots of good subtle stuff in this one too; like the cafeteria guy vaping by the dumpster and the driver's ed kid doing a 5 point turn leaving the stables.
MGS
quote:
That was a crazy twist in the finale.

They dug coal together.
Serious Lee
good episode. walton goggins cusses so beautifully, he probly says the best "mother****er" since samuel l jackson.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
Episode 2 was a big improvement. Walton Goggins is fantastic. Lots of good subtle stuff in this one too; like the cafeteria guy vaping by the dumpster and the driver's ed kid doing a 5 point turn leaving the stables.
i had 2-3 beers by then but i was cracking up this so hard.
JCRiley09
AG
Was burning down the principal's house supposed to be funny? Maybe since I work at a high school I'm too close to the subject matter. I was expecting Bad Teacher and I'm not sure what I got.
Tobias Funke
AG
quote:
Was burning down the principal's house supposed to be funny? Maybe since I work at a high school I'm too close to the subject matter. I was expecting Bad Teacher and I'm not sure what I got.

I thought it was funny and it totally changed the dynamic of the show and the characters in what I considered a very good way.

I have been bracing for Step Brothers at school, and now it seems it may be a more original story
Swarely
Still a pretty solid "meh" for me.
95_Aggie
AG
Terrible show. I made it through 1.5 episodes.
astros4545
AG
Much better than the Jack Black show from last year
Always_Right
AG
Its a good filler until the fall season.
BurnetAg
I can't stand the main characters at all and that has totally ruined the show for me.
Swarely
I'll give it one more episode. I'm just not finding it funny.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.