Star Wars Rebels - Season Three

37,474 Views | 409 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jabberwalkie09
SeattleAgJr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Edit to add: Season 3 premieres on September 24th.

Going to go ahead and get this one started.

A few surprises in here. Looks to be an interesting season, although I am not sure about how they are ramping u Ezra's force skills and lust for power "to save his friends".

edit to add: This is also covered in the Star Wars mega thread, but we have had separate SWR threads.

And Tom Baker (Doctor Who #4) is voicing a character at some point this season.
SeattleAgJr
Another clip, from the Hondo rescue in the trailer above.

hunter2012
AG
Thrawn is being canonized! It sure seems like Ezra is going to be seduced over in a personal quest to destroy the sith.

Also Wedge!
TXAG 05
AG
DAMN!!
jabberwalkie09
AG
It's a great time to be a Star Wars fan.

So much anticipation for this next season. Updated models for Ezra and Kanan, Thrawn, Fenn Rau returns, the Dark Saber in Sabine's hands, and much, much more.
AliasMan02
AG
The 181st TIE wing also shows up, from the old Rogue Squadron and X-Wing EU materials. You can see the blood stripe on their Interceptors. Soontir Fel! Marek Steele!

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/181st_Imperial_Fighter_Wing
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Thrawn :-D :-D :-D
Duncan Idaho
Now if they just pull in the "splinter of the minds eye"
JCRiley09
AG
Maul vs Kenan clip from celebration:
The Collective
t_J_e_C_x
AG
****in Thrawn. This makes me want to watch the series now. Too bad Amazon sells them in a ****ty way on their digital library.
AgMarauder04
AG
Holy.
Sheet.

This is gonna be ****ing crazy.

Let's go.
SeattleAgJr
Season 3 to debut Sept 24, with a one hour premier focusing on Thrawn.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/08/08/star-wars-rebels-returns-in-september/

hunter2012
AG
The Collective
AG
Let's do this.
jabberwalkie09
AG
YES!

BTW, the way that was cut reminded me a little of BSG.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
YES!

BTW, the way that was cut reminded me a little of BSG.
it was just the percussive sound that made you think that.
jabberwalkie09
AG
It wasn't just the drum beats, it was the quick editing between scenes in the second half of the opening for BSG. Similar style there IMO.
redline248
AG
Thrawn is going to be rather interesting.
Duncan Idaho
Is bit torrent a Disney XD platform?
Duncan Idaho
http://imgur.com/a/XsOlp

Rouge one lego sets.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Darth Vader is not likely to appear this season in Rebels.

quote:
In a recent interview with /Film (via MakingStarWars.net), the creator of the show, Dave Filoni, was asked if Darth Vader would once again go toe-to-toe with the Rebellion. After appearing in the first two seasons, it appears that Star Wars Rebels will not have a presence from Vader himself this season.
quote:
"You know, I've kind of gone on this course, which is pretty, pretty direct about certain things 'cause I don't like to tease people along and then have them be disappointed. So it's really an elected decision to not have Vader around because, as we get closer to A New Hope, I want him to serve as that story."
Last season was certainly leading to the eventual showdown between Vader and his former padawan, Ahsoka Tano. Now that the two old friends have faced off, leaving both of them in worse condition than before, finding a reason for Vader to hunt down a single group of rebels was a challenge. Instead, Filoni thinks that newcomer Grant Admiral Thrawn will present a bigger problem for the beloved crew.
quote:
"I know it sounds funny. I don't wanna fill in every hole. I don't know what we benefit from that. As much as you need to say, okay, this is a major point in his life when he's confronted by his former apprentice. That is worth doing. Him chasing the rebels of the Ghost crew around is never something that really interested me. Mainly because I didn't think they could survive it for very long. And now that I have Thrawn, it's more interesting to me to setup this completely different kind of villain that's gonna play a long game against our guys that they're not typically used to."

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rebels-season-3-darth-vader/
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Darth Vader is not likely to appear this season in Rebels.

I am ok with that. He cannot be everywhere, and I am sure there are problems elsewhere as well.

Plus the DeathStar is under construction, so there is that.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Yeah, I have no issue with it either. Actually my worry was that he was still going to be in the season which could run the risk of either hurting his character overall or making the galaxy too with him still being around.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Yeah. If the crew kept running into Vader and surviving, it would cheapen his character pretty quick.

Whenever Vader shows up, everyone needs to die or run for their lives.
The Collective
AG
Spoilers (maybe?) per post below mine... I haven't had a chance to watch interview as of this post!

JCRiley09
AG
I got like 5 minutes in. FPJr seems to be giving a lot away... Right?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Bumping for two trailers. First is featuring Thrawn.

Second is just a general trailer.

SeattleAgJr
That was a really good premiere.

My only quibble is they are making Ezra too powerful, too quickly, and he is so easily leaning to the Dark Side.
AliasMan02
AG
Haven't watched yet, but after rewatching the trailers I feel pretty stupid for not picking up on Ezra's love for masks and where that was going from absolutely Day 1. I mean, we've seen his flirtation with the Dark Side since the beginning, but that's a very specific character element.
The Collective
AG
That's a helluva point. I've never made that connection.
jr15aggie
AG
I only have Disney, not Disney XD so I think I'll have to wait a couple/few weeks before they start airing the new season.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:

My only quibble is they are making Ezra too powerful, too quickly, and he is so easily leaning to the Dark Side.

I'm fine with how they're handling Ezra. It makes a lot sense for him to be tempted by the dark side, given that his parents were taken from him by the empire and he can't even go back to his home planet anymore. All the ingredients are there for him to hate the empire and want revenge. Hopefully they challenge him on this notion that he's turning to the dark side out of love for his friends and make him realize he's doing it out of a selfish hate for the empire.

Given that the dark side is the quick and easy way, it makes sense that it would quickly make him quite powerful.

Solid premiere
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:

I'm fine with how they're handling Ezra. It makes a lot sense for him to be tempted by the dark side, given that his parents were taken from him by the empire and he can't even go back to his home planet anymore. All the ingredients are there for him to hate the empire and want revenge. Hopefully they challenge him on this notion that he's turning to the dark side out of love for his friends and make him realize he's doing it out of a selfish hate for the empire.

Given that the dark side is the quick and easy way, it makes sense that it would quickly make him quite powerful.

Solid premiere
yeah, but if it was THIS easy to fall to the Dark Side, any sane government would more/less ban force powers.

I mean, think about it. Not only did he kill the stormtroopers, he took over one's mind and made HIM kill his own buddies.

That is just plain evil.
redline248
AG
The emperor pretty much already banned force users, in a sense. Destroyed all the Jedi, and shaped any other users he could find to his designs. Prior to that, I'm not sure the republic knew much about falling to the dark side. 1000 years of Sith thought to be extinct. Jedi probably didn't divulge whenever one of their own fell.

Further, Ezra was learning from the Sith holocron. He's not just some force adept individual doing stuff on accident.

Having said all that, there is some serious power creep in this show.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.