Started Netflix's "Marcella" last night

1,845 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by captkirk
SarcasmAg08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Two episodes in...so far, so good! Anybody else watching?

We are using season 1 of Marcella to tide us over until Stranger Things and The Night Of get rolling in the next few weeks.
schmendeler
AG
never heard of it. synopsis?
MaroonStain
AG
Former agent, murder, whodunit?, etc
CorpsAg11
AG
Never heard of it. I feel like I don't even hear about new Netflix series anymore, even if they are good. It used to be all anyone would talk about, shows like Orange in the New Black, House of Cards, Making a Murderer.

Now I can't even keep track of all their original shows. Not that its a bad thing but just interesting..
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Now I can't even keep track of all their original shows. Not that its a bad thing but just interesting..
Subscribe to their YouTube channel. IIRC they usually upload the trailers for their series to their channel.
SarcasmAg08
AG
quote:
Marcella Backland left the Metropolitan Police for the sake of her family, only to have her husband leave her. She returns to her job on the murder squad, investigating a case that seems disturbingly familiar to her.
IMDB

chick79
AG
Saw the first two episodes tonight. So far so good!
GoAgs92
AG
Sounds kinda like "The Killing"

SarcasmAg08
AG
quote:
Sounds kinda like "The Killing"

We are now 5 episodes in and yes... it is VERY similar to the Killing haha

...Luckily we really like that one too (well, we watched the first two seasons)

It has been a pretty nice surprise during this 3-4 week, post GoT programming drought.
mrsbeer05
AG
Finished the season today and loved every minute. Not sure how season two will post it but I'm totally looking Durward to it.
hph6203
AG
Unless I missed something, there are two pretty major issues with the story on this one. Kinda like they wrote the first half and then took a break and then wrote the second half, forgetting to resolve two story lines.

Good overall, but those two issues stick out. (Baker, cab driver).
captkirk
AG
Great show. Just finished it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.