The Bachelorette - James Taylor

14,700 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by nashvilleaggie11
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, if you are like me, you never watch The Bachelorette. Well my nephew, James Taylor (que the other James Taylor comments), was asked to be a contestant and 34 contestants later has made it to the final 6. His aspirations are to realize his dream of singer/song-writer and used the show as a launching point.

Currently he is touring college towns (Oxford,Clemson, Hunstville, Tuscaloosa) and has received fantastic reviews. He'll be at The Tap in CS July 1st and tickets sold out in under 30 minutes. He attended Texas A&M for a year and actually tried to walk on for football and performed well, but an injury sustained while playing on the Katy State Championship team in 2005, made the coaches wary.

Proud of him chasing his dream in a tough industry.

https://t.co/6kedB9k3DI
https://instagr.am/p/BG5cVliOKx1
suburban cowboy
Bazooka Joe
AG
Good for him. Seems like a good guy. Getting relegated to the friend zone on the show...so I've heard.
Tobias Funke
schmendeler
AG
Wait, you mean all the contestants aren't there to find true love? My world view is shattered!
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
Wait, you mean all the contestants aren't there to find true love? My world view is shattered!
Yeah, go figure. He wasn't that into JoJo. Like her well enough but their chemistry wasn't there.
Living Legend
The Collective
AG
So, you are saying he doesn't win, I take it.
Jim01
AG
A singer songwriter going by the name James Taylor... ballsy sir... ballsy!

I would have come up with a stage name simply to avoid the confusion.
62strat
AG
quote:

Yeh.. I doubt he'll get away with it for too long if the real James Taylor is trademarked with appropriate secondary meaning.

Outside of that, no one will ever actually find HIM in a search.. for tour dates, etc.
oldarmy1
AG
quote:

He goes by James McCoy stage name, using his middle name. As far as trademarks go James is 4th generation James Taylor so he has a pretty good legacy claim.

Luke, another contestant on the show, is joining him at The Tap Friday. Should be a blast.
62strat
AG
quote:
quote:

As far as trademarks go James is 4th generation James Taylor so he has a pretty good legacy claim.

Legacy unfortunately doesn't make a lick of difference in trademarking names.. you need secondary meaning. The mega famous musician James Taylor has this.. I can only assume all 4 of these James Taylors you speak of do not.

But good on him for changing at the start, probably a VERY wise decision if he goes somewhere with it.

Bitter Old Man
AG
Is he going by James McCoy on the show? If not, it may not be much of a jumping off point for him....
WorthAg95
AG
quote:
Is he going by James McCoy on the show? If not, it may not be much of a jumping off point for him....

You don't think he'd be recognized in this Twitter/Instagram/snapchat world?!
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
McCoy is a much better country name.
The Collective
AG
So, this James guy just complained that other people are on this show to get famous... uhhhhhhh?
teecoy
AG
Lmao we were saying the same thing!
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
So, this James guy just complained that other people are on this show to get famous... uhhhhhhh?
Don't you see the pure genius in saying that....
The Collective
AG
The show is dumb, no doubt, but it made me feel bit queasy seeing him look her in the eye and pretty much lie to her. So, yea, there's that. I'm sure she has done the same to him as these shows are usually down to 2 or 3 people within a few weeks.... and everyone else has to continue "competing".
Bitter Old Man
AG
quote:
quote:

You don't think he'd be recognized in this Twitter/Instagram/snapchat world?!
Sure, but when someone goes to look for his music, it might be hard to find.
oldarmy1
AG

The Tap - Friday

chico
AG
um....wouldn't they be bachelors?
oldarmy1
AG
quote:
um....wouldn't they be bachelors?

I'm gonna call he and Luke a bunch of fancy boys...
Bitter Old Man
AG
Looks like The Tap lost the apostrophe for their board. Punctuation is key...
Olsen
AG
The music ain't that bad honestly...
nashvilleaggie11
Is he any good? I'm in the industry. I'll have to listen to him.
oldarmy1
AG
quote:

I'm sure he would appreciate that. He needs to connect with someone who can orchestrate all the support instrumentation and background vocals. He is an excellent song writer, which I think is the real talent in making it mainstream.
oldarmy1
AG
The Barnicle this morning.

Professor Frick
AG
Good for him for making a go of it. Although, I'm no music industry expert, but it seems like he might want to consider having some kind of web presence for his music (beyond 20 second snippets on Instagram). I took 5 minutes to try to give his music a listen, no website, not even a soundcloud. I did eventually find some tiny bio on a Harding University site that linked to two songs, one of which was a heavily auto tuned dance tune, and the other a country song with (ironically) some very out of tune guitars.

http://www.hark.com/clips/frlcvbfqqb-youre-my-star-james-mccoy

http://www.hark.com/clips/zfcqlyqdzk--Houston
oldarmy1
AG
True. He is currently hitting the studio between gig's. Those links certainly aren't representative of his progress. Kill it with fire!
oldarmy1
AG
quote:

James is in CS for his show tonight and they gave him a tour of Kyle Field and the studio. Talking to him he was saying he was told he needed to say all that. Said he and Jordan were great friends and laughed about it. So much manufactured drama.
oldarmy1
AG
quote:

James asked for a contact info. Oldarmy83 at gmail.com
Carlo4
AG
A friend of a friend when on that show about 8 years ago. The bachelorette... he was one of the 25 dudes.

Got down to the final 7. Producers asked him to yell and start an alteration with someone on the show. He refused. Amazingly he was gone the next week.

Said the dates were so awkward. Multiple takes on "romance" killed the mood... not to mention the 20 people watching and filming you.
nashvilleaggie11
Just saw this and sent you an email. I'm happy to talk to him!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.