TRANSFORMERS: THE LAST KNIGHT sounds batsh*t insane...

41,131 Views | 266 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jr15aggie
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I haven't enjoyed one of these movies since the original in '07 (though the third one did have a few decently cool sequences), but this sounds like they're taking it to a whole other level of crazy, according to JoBlo...

quote:
The story for Transformers: The Last Night will involve Optimus Prime finding his home planet, Cybertron, now a dead planet, which he comes to find he was responsible for killing. He finds a way to bring the planet back to life, but in order to do so he needs to find an artifact. And of course, that artifact is on Earth. What is that artifact? Well, here's where things get weird.

Somehow the artifact ties into Merlin, the magician of King Arthur lore. Apparently, the power of magic was given to Merlin by a Transformer and somehow the artifact ties into this. As far as what the artifact is, we can't say, but I wouldn't be surprised if it has something to do with the famed sword Excaliber (I mean, they did make sure to include a sword in the new logo, didn't they?). That's just speculation on my part, but it sounds reasonable. Of course, we've seen the effects of time travel in these films already and are aware of Transformers visiting Earth throughout the planets existence, so that certainly fits with the universe they've created and now it appears that the story will add British Mythology to the narrative.

I don't know... maybe, just maybe... it'll be so weird as to at least be somewhat interesting? I seriously doubt it, but we'll find out for sure on June 23, 2017, when Transformers: The Last Knight hits theaters...

jabberwalkie09
AG
After whatever the last one was, I'm hoping this will be the last.
TCTTS
AG

quote:
Not to be confused with Transformers, which was about Megatron and an ancient artifact, or Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, which was about Megatron and an ancient artifact, or Transformers: Dark of the Moon, which was about Megatron and several ancient artifacts, or Transformers: Age of Extinction, where an ancient artifact turned the bad guy back into Megatron,Transformers: The Last Knight is going to be about Megatron and an ancient artifact. Mark Wahlberg is back (as is the name Cade Yeager, which I can't believe isn't one of the robots' names), but more importantly, Duhamel returns as Lt. Col. William Lennox. Yes! He's back, baby!

The whole report is hilarious...

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/06/14/want-to-know-more-about-transformers-the-last-knight-why
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I have some bad news for you... this one will actually be the FIRST in a newly expanded Transformers cinematic universe (yes, Transformers will now have one of those as well). Still the same continuation as the last four movies, but this one is going to kick-off a whole bunch of spin-offs (Bumblebee is getting his own movie next) and sequels, so prepare accordingly.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
I have some bad news for you... this one will actually be the FIRST in a newly expanded Transformers cinematic universe (yes, Transformers will now have one of those as well). Still the same continuation as the last four movies, but this one is going to kick-off a whole bunch of spin-offs (Bumblebee is getting his own movie next) and sequels, so prepare accordingly.

The Collective
AG
My childhood is being destroyed.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Independent George
AG

quote:
He finds a way to bring the planet back to life, but in order to do so he needs to find an artifact. And of course, that artifact is on Earth. What is that artifact?
This is headed towards a Nic Cage and Transformer crossover where Optimus Prime comes and enlists the help of the worlds greatest artifact hunter on Earth, Ben Gates.

I hate when a franchise gets beat to death with too many sequels/remakes/spinoffs.
Bruce Almighty
AG
This sounds stupid.
chipotle
The first one was cool because we got to see some CGI transformers. Story be damned it was still awesome to see. After that they have failed time and time again to get a decent plot line going. I hope this fails miserably and goes straight to DVD. I'm not even going to redbox.
GiveEmHellBill
AG

Just thought I'd bring back some good memories for some of us.....
Mr. White
Transformers/Merlin/Lucky Charms Leprechaun/David Copperfield in battle gear

Vs.

The Decepticons

Why not just go with that? Go all-in if you're going to do anything.

Add in Kevin Hart, Khloe Kardashian, Ellen DeGeneres, B & M Obama cameos too.
jeffk
AG
So is this a sequel to the Sean Connery movie "First Knight?"

But with Transformers?
Belton Ag
AG
quote:
Also recently added is Anthony Hopkins, whose presence should make more sense with this scoop.

I can't imagine how this pitch went down.

"Hey, You want to do the next Transformers movie? In this one the transformers and Marky Mark travel back in time and hook up with Merlin."

"Meh, **** it. Why not?"

Loverboy
Megan fox pic or gtfo.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:
Also recently added is Anthony Hopkins, whose presence should make more sense with this scoop.

"Hey, You want to do the next Transformers movie? In this one the transformers and Marky Mark travel back in time and hook up with Merlin."

"Meh, **** it. Why not?"

Two words:

Money truck.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

"Meh, **** it. Why not?"

Two words:

Money truck.
Film one sequence in China and you are guaranteed $1billion worldwide.
SeattleAgJr
I was referring backing up money truck to Anthony Hopkin's door to get him to do the movie.
Simplebay
AG
F transformers and f Michael Bay and f everything. I'll help

TCTTS
AG
Saw that movie in theaters when I was five, and have been chasing the same high ever since. Absolutely blew my mind.
TCTTS
AG
(Btw, it finally comes to Blu-ray this fall.)
rhutton125
AG
quote:

There's nothing good about Brawn dying, you heartless son of a *****!
Sex Panther
AG
I can't wait for 24 Transformers Street
BR0
Transformers: Ancient Aliens.
Dr. Horrible
quote:

Actually watching this one right now! Finally picked up a DVD copy, but hoping the Bluray this fall delivers!
double aught
AG
quote:

This shot is more badass than anything from the recent movies.
PatriotAg02
AG
quote:
Now THAT would be awesome!

The Transformers make contact with Giorgio Soukalos and his merry band of alien hunters, which causes World War 3.

EPIC.
BR0
quote:
quote:

The Transformers make contact with Giorgio Soukalos and his merry band of alien hunters, which causes World War 3.

EPIC.

What do you mean "would" be? Did you read the OP? That's what this is.
PatriotAg02
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

EPIC.

What do you mean "would" be? Did you read the OP? That's what this is.
Well except I don't think Giorgio will be in it. The hair alone would make the movie.
Counterpoint
AG
The synopsis in the OP reads like an April Fool's joke!
Max Power
AG
Is it any more ridiculous than the third one? The big reveal being that Patrick Dempsey's family were accountants for the Decepticons. Or Mark Wahlberg pretending to be from Texas in the 4th?
Bruce Almighty
AG
Transformers 3 is in the running for worst written movie of all time.
The Collective
AG
It is almost like the execs turn down scripts for Transformers, because they aren't sh**ty enough.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
Transformers 3 is in the running for worst written movie of all time.
I would say that honor belongs to the second one. I actually enjoyed the third one once they got to Chicago. That last 30 minutes was pretty f-ing cool. The second one had pretty much no redeeming value.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I know I'm in the minority, but I thought the 2nd one was better than the third.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.