wayward pines...

3,795 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by C@LAg
TyHolden
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
anybody watch this? just started season 1 on hulu. i'm up to episode 4. the book was pretty good. the series is not so far. does it get better?
SeattleAgJr
it gets marginally better, but it is never great.

season 2 just started last week.

DannyDuberstein
AG
I'd say mostly not. And i thought the first episode of season 2 was terrible.
Murder Hornet
AG
It has some of the same problems with characters as FTWD has. I despised the teacher and the main character's kid.

I thought the first season was a reasonable conclusion, I had no idea this would be a series
Btron
AG
quote:

Is it S2 or a retooling of the one Matt Dillon was in?
Just curious, I'm not watching it, that first one mentioned was not very satisfying.
Dad
AG
quote:
quote:

Is it S2 or a retooling of the one Matt Dillon was in?
Just curious, I'm not watching it, that first one mentioned was not very satisfying.
Season 2. Follow up after the events of season 1.

I'm watching it because I have incredibly low standards for summer television shows. I would not recommend it unless you have not much else to watch.
Dro07
AG
The crap season finale killed the show for me
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, I wouldn't call it a retool as it continues from season 1. That said, it does involve a new main character (jason Patric) who is a doctor that they brought to Wayward Pines in somewhat similar fashion to Matt Dillon's sheriff character last year (ie he's in the dark)

I deleted it off my dvr though. I forgot to delete it after last season so I figured I'd give the new season a shot when episode 1 popped up. Bad call.
98Ag99Grad
AG
quote:
The crap season finale killed the show for me
Yep. Not fooling me again this summer.
ro828
The new season is sort of limping along. Really, the story ended at the end of the first season.

Now people acknowledge that Wayward Pines is, as best we know, the only outpost of civilization on the planet. The Abbys are somehow getting smarter, sacrificing themselves on the electric fence so that living Abbys can crawl over the corpses and, uh.......

....Whoa! It's the same situation as the scenes in Israel in WORLD WAR Z, except without Brad Pitt.

They even had a dead Abby on display in the classroom for all the children to see. And the teacher got to use the term "Abby cadaver" and didn't giggle when she said it. Good for her.
West Point Aggie
AG
LOL...as usual, I go again the main line of thinking...love this series...but I hate Peekey Blinders which most here rave about!!
chipotle
I'm still watching. It's ok I guess. 40 minutes of turn off brain time.
aggieforester05
AG
So I'm up to episode 9 of Season 2 and I like the show. I'm a sucker for this genre though, it has somewhat of a LOST feel to it. I hope they make a third season, but with the low ratings, it might not happen.
BQ2001
AG
Does the first season end at the end of the books? And then the second pick up way after that I'm assuming? I enjoyed the books until he ending but couldn't stomach the show after the second episode.
Rex Racer
AG
I'm just waiting for the show to be cancelled so I don't have to watch it with my wife anymore.
aggieforester05
AG
You're lucky, my wife watches Mexican soap operas and dumb ass MTV reality shows.
chipotle
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, did that guy just hook up with his mom?
aggieforester05
AG
Pretty sure he did....
SeattleAgJr
if you cant love your mother.....
chipotle
Saxsoon
AG
I want to know who the **** greenlit that storyboard idea
Squirrel Master
AG
I'm way behind on this, and likely won't catch up, but was it Matt Dillon's kid and wife?
chipotle
quote:
I'm way behind on this, and likely won't catch up, but was it Matt Dillon's kid and wife?

No
Mucho austin
AG
add my name to list of 10s of people watching. I really like the show.

cant wait for the Abbies to just kill everyone and end on a high note.

I know that wont happen. Humanity will win out, but wouldn't it be fun? Maybe if a few of the smartest abbies get in the mountain and release people 1 by 1, or maybe just waking them up but not taking them out of the pods and letting them watch the abbies make scary faces at them until they die of starvation.

chipotle
Aw man. The "I just unintentionally incested" look is universal.
TyHolden
AG
just started season 2
West Point Aggie
AG
MaximusDMeridius said:

just started season 2

Brace yourself for severe disappointment!
Let’s Go Brandon!
C@LAg
West Point Aggie said:

MaximusDMeridius said:

just started season 2

Brace yourself for severe disappointment!
let him earn his disappointment naturally like those of us who watched it originally.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.