Band of Brothers

6,119 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Swarely
LeFraud
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Memorial Day marathon about to start on HBO 503
MaroonStain
AG
Awesome! Used to watch it with my Dad over Christmas Eve and Day.
Max Power
AG
I caught an episode or two of The Pacific yesterday, but Band of Brothers is my favorite mini series of all time. Sucks to be at work today.
Gomer95
aggiesq
AG
Always available on Amazon prime
KeithDB
AG
quote:
He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,
Will stand a tip-toe when this day is nam'd,
And rouse him at the name of Crispian.
He that shall live this day, and see old age,
Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,
And say "To-morrow is Saint Crispian."
Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars,
And say "These wounds I had on Crispin's day."
Old men forget; yet all shall be forgot,
But he'll remember, with advantages,
What feats he did that day. Then shall our names,
Familiar in his mouth as household words . . .

This story shall the good man teach his son;
And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remembered-
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

2008and1
AG
I watch this series at least once a year. Such a great series.
AgsMnn
AG
It is great
agfan2013
AG
Pulled out the blu-ray to watch since I've been reading Patton's memoirs. Will start back through it in a week or so.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I've watched about 3 or 4 episodes today. Always great.

Got my son watching it and he was immediately hooked. He had to leave for a work shift so I recorded the last 4 episodes for him.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Watching the first episode 1 right now.
who?mikejones
AG
quote:
I caught an episode or two of The Pacific yesterday, but Band of Brothers is my favorite mini series of all time. Sucks to be at work today.

Go read helmet for my pillow by Robert leckie. His experiences were a major part of the story. Book is much better. It also irks me that they changed how John Basilone is killed.
OldArmy71
AG
Great series.

I have noticed this before, but in watching the last episode plus the accompanying documentary, I noticed that BoB seemed to change something that Winters specifically talked about. The last episode shows a German colonel offering his pistol to Winters in surrender, and Winters tells him to keep it. Then in the documentary, Winters talks about taking the unfired pistol and keeping it, never firing it.

Just an odd change to make.
PatAg
AG
quote:
Great series.

I have noticed this before, but in watching the last episode plus the accompanying documentary, I noticed that BoB seemed to change something that Winters specifically talked about. The last episode shows a German colonel offering his pistol to Winters in surrender, and Winters tells him to keep it. Then in the documentary, Winters talks about taking the unfired pistol and keeping it, never firing it.

Didnt watch that episode this year, but I thought he was referring to his own firearm that he hasn't fired since moving up the chain to batallion?
OldArmy71
AG
I just watched it last night. He is definitely referring to the Walther pistol that the German officer surrendered to him. He has it right there on camera.

You are probably thinking of the earlier scene when he is talking with the general who is giving him a courtesy interview about Winters' request to transfer to another outfit bound for the Pacific. Winters comments about the last time he fired his weapon, and the general marvels that he got through Bastogne without firing it.
Gigem314
AG
Watched the whole series on bluray over the weekend. I try to watch it at least once a year.

Really puts things in perspective. Such an incredible story.

It makes me think of my great-uncle that flew cover over Normandy on D-Day. We never knew about it until his funeral.
LeFraud
quote:
Great series.

Yea, it's an odd change, but I understand what the writers were trying to show in Winters allowing the officer to keep his firearm.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
quote:
t makes me think of my great-uncle that flew cover over Normandy on D-Day. We never knew about it until his funeral.
Ditto to this. I found out at both my granddad's funerals that one survived not one, but two sinkings in the Pacific, and the other was a turret gunner on a TBF Avenger torpedo bomber.
FtBendTxAg
AG
One of the few shows I really wish I could watch for the first time all over again.
Mr. White
I watched Damien Lewis in Dreamcatcher and swore I'd never watch anything with him in it again besides BoB. I don't want anything ruining Winters for me.
LeFraud
quote:
I watched Damien Lewis in Dreamcatcher and swore I'd never watch anything with him in it again besides BoB. I don't want anything ruining Winters for me.

It's a little strange watching him in Billions, but damn he's a good actor.
Rascal
AG
truly an awesome TV series!
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
I'm guessing you didn't watch Homeland.
PatAg
AG
quote:
quote:
t makes me think of my great-uncle that flew cover over Normandy on D-Day. We never knew about it until his funeral.
Ditto to this. I found out at both my granddad's funerals that one survived not one, but two sinkings in the Pacific, and the other was a turret gunner on a TBF Avenger torpedo bomber.

Same with my grandparents. Just something they generally don't ever talk about, especially the Pacific theater.

rononeill
Way way late to the game. Just started it last night and 2 episodes in I'm blown away.
OnlyForNow
AG
You've never seen it?!
annie88
AG
I reawatch it about once a year. It's on HBO to go all the time as well, so I don't have to pull out my DVDs anymore.
annie88
AG
quote:
Way way late to the game. Just started it last night and 2 episodes in I'm blown away.
It gets better as it goes. The Bastogne episode is by far the best (and in some ways the toughest) and that's saying a lot.
Carlo4
AG
I was just going to ask this. I need to take a look. Never seen it, and I'm embarrassed to say considering the subject.
bagger05
AG
quote:
I was just going to ask this. I need to take a look. Never seen it, and I'm embarrassed to say considering the subject.
Whatever you are doing right now is not as valuable of a use of your time as watching Band of Brothers.
john2002ag
I liked Day of Days the best, but they are all outstanding.
MW03
AG
quote:
quote:
It gets better as it goes. The Bastogne episode is by far the best (and in some ways the toughest) and that's saying a lot.
The interviews before the Bastogne episode get me in the throat.
rononeill
But I watched the Pacific!!!
OnlyForNow
AG
Band of brothers is in an entire different league than The Pacific.
Carlo4
AG
Just started episode 3. Binge watching underway followed by Aggie baseball.

Good day. Thank you for shaming me into watching. So far it's great!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.