Bloodlines Season 2

6,371 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Sex Panther
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
yeah Kevin is a total loser. I kept hoping he would die towards the end of the season.
Coppell97
AG
Baylor Football 2016 Hype Video (Parody Edition -Bloodline Netflix)

fig96
AG
quote:
Baylor Football 2016 Hype Video (Parody Edition -Bloodline Netflix)

A Baylor video set to the theme song of a show about covering up lies, crime, and betrayal seems oddly appropriate.
fig96
AG
Ok, Baylor comments aside, finished up S2 this week and....yeah.

***SPOILERS***

- Agreed with everyone who hates Kevin. Geez that guy can't stay level for 5 minutes.

- This season was interesting but just didn't have the underlying tension of S1. Danny's character was sooooo well written and both likeable and terrifying and devious all wrapped together. That element was definitely missed this season.

- Definitely some convenient writing, as has been mentioned. Leguizamo's character was a nice addition but got a bit annoying, I never quite got what his motive was.

- Thought the scene with John and O'Bannon was fantastic, well acted and well writted. He's not a killer and him shooting him wouldn't have been true to who he is.

- The ending...seriously? S1 wrapped things up and then gave us a direction to head for S2, this just tossed all the pieces in the air and cut out before they landed.
Serious Lee
i feel like bloodline killing danny is the equivalent to boardwalk empire killing off jimmy. Neither show will ever recover
Canyon99
Great show but they should have stopped after season 1. Season 2 got completely ****ing stupid which is what shows tend to do when they realize they've got a good thing going. Sad.
aggielostinETX
AG
quote:
i feel like bloodline killing danny is the equivalent to boardwalk empire killing off jimmy. Neither show will ever recover
You realize that was the whole point of the show?
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
Yeah, I don't really see how the show works without that incident. That was pretty much the whole buildup for the first season, then the aftermath of having to deal with it.
Serious Lee
quote:
quote:
quote:
Yeah, I don't really see how the show works without that incident. That was pretty much the whole buildup for the first season, then the aftermath of having to deal with it.

in hindsight, the show would have been alot better off as an anthology series.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

in hindsight, the show would have been alot better off as an anthology series.

This would gave been the perfect way to treat this show. Or hell, pull a Fargo and have season 2 go back in time with the same family when the kids were young and Sam Shepherd/Sissy Spacek characters were just starting up their B&B. Show some sort of similar horrible circumstance that they covered up (and I don't mean just the dad beating up Danny).
Sea Gull
AG
I liked it. The tension was real...
suburban cowboy
AG
I really wanna **** Meg
Waltonloads08
AG
quote:
I really wanna **** Meg

Date?
et98
AG
Just watched both seasons over the past 2 or 3 weeks. I agree with most of what's been posted with a few exceptions, and I have a couple of additional points/questions as well.

I completely disagree with whoever said John's wife was a ***** and that it was bad writing. How would you act if you just realized your spouse was a cold blooded murderer? I don't know that I'd be as supportive as John's wife was. If anything, I could've seen that relationship imploding far more than it did.

I didn't like the John Liguizamo character. It was a little too cartoonish & annoying for me.

While Kevin is an annoying pathetic loser, his character is necessary. He shows that mistakes, lies, & coverups always lead to more, and they all take their toll on you...eventually cracking under the pressure. I liked the final scene with him confessing to Marco. It was unclear if Kevin had finally had enough & wanted to do the right thing for a change, or if it was just to save his own ass. When he realized that coming clean wouldn't save him, we got our answer...and that pattern of mistakes, lies, & coverups led to yet another one.

I liked Beau Bridges' character. It took me a while to figure out his angle, but now I guess we know.

Questions & plot points for season 3:
1. Who paid off Ortiz to change her story?

2. Where is John going? Will he come back? Is he just running away like Danny always did?

3. John is "breaking bad." Has he become Danny? Is he already worse than Danny? The writers showed that John hasn't completely "broken bad" because he didn't kill O'Bannon, but he's clearly on that path. And they showed that Danny wasn't so bad that he was worth killing. He was just a f--kup who made terrible choices.

4. How will the mom's knowing that John killed Danny affect the plot?

5. How did the dad buy all this premier beachfront property right after the war without a penny to his name? It was hinted that the dad was involved in some shady dealings to make that happen, & I tend to agree. Drug running? Organized crime? Violence & intimidation? Murder? I think the Rayburn family secrets started with the dad long before Danny was ever born. I can't wait to find out more.

6. The mom's constant neglect of her tenants seemed to be setting up some sort of senility as a previous poster suggested. The writers didn't really address it, but it could become a major conflict next season as her dementia grows, especially since she knows ALL the secrets.

7. What additional conflicts will arise from Beau Bridges' character running drugs through Kevin's boat yard?

8. And of course, now they have to cover up Marco's murder.

Season 3 could be interesting, but I hope it's more on par with season 1 than season 2.
TXAGFAN
AG
Well, seems like you gave a **** about the S02 finale... so I would say you're the only person who enjoyed this season.
Coppell97
AG
I liked it too. I agree that season 1 was better. I just hope there is a season 3.
Macarthur
quote:
Just watched both seasons over the past 2 or 3 weeks. I agree with most of what's been posted with a few exceptions, and I have a couple of additional points/questions as well.

I completely disagree with whoever said John's wife was a ***** and that it was bad writing. How would you act if you just realized your spouse was a cold blooded murderer? I don't know that I'd be as supportive as John's wife was. If anything, I could've seen that relationship imploding far more than it did.

I didn't like the John Liguizamo character. It was a little too cartoonish & annoying for me.

While Kevin is an annoying pathetic loser, his character is necessary. He shows that mistakes, lies, & coverups always lead to more, and they all take their toll on you...eventually cracking under the pressure. I liked the final scene with him confessing to Marco. It was unclear if Kevin had finally had enough & wanted to do the right thing for a change, or if it was just to save his own ass. When he realized that coming clean wouldn't save him, we got our answer...and that pattern of mistakes, lies, & coverups led to yet another one.

I liked Beau Bridges' character. It took me a while to figure out his angle, but now I guess we know.

Questions & plot points for season 3:
1. Who paid off Ortiz to change her story?

2. Where is John going? Will he come back? Is he just running away like Danny always did?

3. John is "breaking bad." Has he become Danny? Is he already worse than Danny? The writers showed that John hasn't completely "broken bad" because he didn't kill O'Bannon, but he's clearly on that path. And they showed that Danny wasn't so bad that he was worth killing. He was just a f--kup who made terrible choices.

4. How will the mom's knowing that John killed Danny affect the plot?

5. How did the dad buy all this premier beachfront property right after the war without a penny to his name? It was hinted that the dad was involved in some shady dealings to make that happen, & I tend to agree. Drug running? Organized crime? Violence & intimidation? Murder? I think the Rayburn family secrets started with the dad long before Danny was ever born. I can't wait to find out more.

6. The mom's constant neglect of her tenants seemed to be setting up some sort of senility as a previous poster suggested. The writers didn't really address it, but it could become a major conflict next season as her dementia grows, especially since she knows ALL the secrets.

7. What additional conflicts will arise from Beau Bridges' character running drugs through Kevin's boat yard?

8. And of course, now they have to cover up Marco's murder.

Season 3 could be interesting, but I hope it's more on par with season 1 than season 2.

I watched both seasons recently, as you did. Agree with most, but with this diversion.

I disagree a bit on the wife angle. I think using the term 'cold blooded killer' in reference to John is a bit over the top. I don't see him that way. You gotta remember, Danny had recently threatened his daughter. And the wife is being a bit of a pansy because she wanted Danny gone just like everyone else. And don't forget that Danny had threatened Kevin and Meg, also. I'm reminded of the the Colonel Jessup line that basically says 'John took care of the problem and now everyone is questioning the manner in which he took care of the problem'. This also relates to how Kevin and the sister acted at the end, also. Everyone wanted him gone and John took care of it just like he always has. Also, I don't really think John intended on killing Danny. I think it just happened. I think John really wanted Danny to just go away and not come back, but things escilated and it happened. So for those reasons, I think 'cold blooded killer' is not entirely accurate. If John were really a cold blooded killer, he would have taken out O'Bannon which you mention.

Outside of that, agree with all your observations and they HAVE to do a season 3. I don't think they've worked that out though.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
I disagree a bit on the wife angle. I think using the term 'cold blooded killer' in reference to John is a bit over the top. I don't see him that way. You gotta remember, Danny had recently threatened his daughter. And the wife is being a bit of a pansy because she wanted Danny gone just like everyone else. And don't forget that Danny had threatened Kevin and Meg, also. I'm reminded of the the Colonel Jessup line that basically says 'John took care of the problem and now everyone is questioning the manner in which he took care of the problem'. This also relates to how Kevin and the sister acted at the end, also. Everyone wanted him gone and John took care of it just like he always has. Also, I don't really think John intended on killing Danny. I think it just happened. I think John really wanted Danny to just go away and not come back, but things escilated and it happened. So for those reasons, I think 'cold blooded killer' is not entirely accurate. If John were really a cold blooded killer, he would have taken out O'Bannon which you mention.

This was my point about the wife. She knew exactly what Danny was like. She knew he was menacing toward the whole family, including her kids. She wanted Danny gone just as much as any of them. John was in no way a coldblooded killer. The killing of Danny wasn't premeditated, John tried to get Danny to leave to no avail, Danny continued to not onky make life hell but go out of his way to inflict pain and suffering on his family, and finally, John has certainly been affected by it.

So yeah, I stand by my proclamation that his wife was a slight ***** about it.
Macarthur
Macarthur
User Actions
Following

Hollywood ReporterVerified account
@THR
Netflix Renews #Bloodline for Third Season http://bit.ly/29BswB1

RETWEETS

FL_Ag1998
AG
Five or six seasons planned by the writers? Call me a pessimist, but how could they draw it out that far without the plotlines just getting absurd?
fig96
AG
Or killing off most of the cast.

All of season 5 is John and Meg just driving around going "Oh $#!+"
Btron
AG

This gwuy is thee absowoote worst. The Wrayburn Famooly is wery important to dis department.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

This gwuy is thee absowoote worst. The Wrayburn Famooly is wery important to dis department.

You think Dexter is a sewial kiwwer? You're cwazy... he's a gweat guy.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.