Bloodlines Season 2

6,359 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Sex Panther
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Figured I would get it started, watching the first episode right now.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Yep, starting it tonight. Been eagerly waiting for this last summer! And I have a feeling I'll watch it just like last summer...binging, because as soon as I finish one episode I just gotta watch the next episode thanks to the little twists they throw at the end of each one.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Same here. Watched the trailer last weekend and was bummed it hadn't started yet.
suburban cowboy
AG
Binge watching on a rainy night in Houston
Sex Panther
AG
Damn that's awesome. I didn't even know it was close to being out.
TXAGFAN
AG
Watching it tonight! Peaky Blinders next week!
Pasquale Liucci
AG
Been waiting on this for awhile
astros4545
AG
First episode
GMM
Ughh this show is so tense, I love/hate it
Ridge14
Tried finding this online, is it Bloodlines 2 or Rivals 3?
BigDawg87
AG
Season 2 Bloodlines on NetFlix
Serious Lee
thanks, forgot all about it.
TXAGFAN
AG
Underwhelming...
Serious Lee
how far into it are you?
20ag07
quote:
This is my favorite unintentional post ever because if we're being honest, after watching a few eps of the latest season of each, MTVs The Challenge >>> Netflix's Bloodlines.
TXAGFAN
AG
quote:
how far into it are you?
i finished it. Was a very unproductive couple days haha...
fig96
AG
Just saw it pop up on Netflix and I'm excited to watch, season 1 was outstanding. Curious where they take S2.
Ridge14
quote:
quote:
This is my favorite unintentional post ever because if we're being honest, after watching a few eps of the latest season of each, MTVs The Challenge >>> Netflix's Bloodlines.
Lmao had no idea that Netflix had a show called Bloodlines.

Backing out of thread now...
dv0478
so pissed about how S2 ended. pretty good stuff to that point.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Man what a screwed-up ending! And what's worse is that I've read since the State of Florida is not putting out any more incentives for filmmakers the next season is in risk of not being made!

********Spoilers************

But as for season 2 - it didn't quite grab me as much as season 1. Maybe it was the multiple plot lines of this season vs the one linear plot line of last season (Danny causing havok), or maybe I just simply missed Ben Mendelsohn as Danny. So fantastic last season - hated Danny but loved every second of it because Mendelsohn was so damn good.

This season by the end of it I hated everyone except for John (and maybe started disliking Nolan and his mom a little less). And I get that's part of the point - they were all screwed up, dislikable characters, but man.

Screw Meg for not wanting to hurt Marco even though Marco was going after her brother John...hell, Marco was going after the whole family, including her!

Screw Kevin for simply being a major **** up the whole season long.... in the end I think I hated him more than I did Danny last season! Too pathetic of a character to have any sort of sympathy for.

Screw John's wife for turning into a *****, and his daughter for turning into a stereotypical TV teen-girl *****..... actually I gotta put this on the writers. Both of those turns in those characters seemed a little too cliche, stereotypical drama for me. Lazy writing just to cause a few plot advances or extra drama.

I don't know...don't mean to come across so harsh...maybe I'm still just processing it all, especially the end!
Jim01
AG
Just finished and I loved it. I loved season 1 except for the fact that they set up a second season. I felt like it was a great one off and season 2 should be a new family and new story. I just didn't think they could follow it up but I for one thought they did a great job. Leguizamo and Bridges were great additions.

I liked the actor they got to play the son. The only thing I didn't like was the one flashback scene where he actually also played a young Danny. That felt off.

The only other disappointment was that it was only 10 episodes. I was expecting 13 so when 10 finished I was amped for 11 and all of a sudden it didn't come. I didn't even realize I was watching the finale.

Overall this is one of my favorite shows out right now. I love the writing and acting and every episode keeps me sucked in.

Kevin was frustrating but served to make the point that there will ALWAYS be problems and screw ups. Solving one will just pop up another. Someone will always be the Danny in John's life.

I disagree with the above comment about John's wife. That's a hell of a thing to realize your spouse has killed someone. I thought she stood by him for the most part by not turning him in, giving him space to handle things, but at the same time protecting her kids.

Big thumbs up!
FL_Ag1998
AG
Just FYI, I had to look on IMDB to be certain but the actor playing Danny's son Nolan also played young Danny in the flashbacks during Season 1. So when they had him do it this season, that was just natural. Looks just like Danny, and the kid held his own acting-wise. Just great casting all around really.

And yeah, I argued with my own wife about the reaction by John's wife. I get it, but in the context of the show, she knew what a pain Danny was, what kind of hell he brought into their lives....I guess I was just sitting there thinking, Seriously? This whole problem goes away if 1) all the Rayburns just sit down and put it all on the table so everyone knows what Danny was doing and how his death came about, and 2) John simply drops out of the Sheriff's race.

As for my first point - yeah, I get it, that's the point of the show. They're all screwed up, partly because they keep way too many secrets. I'll give you that. But the second point - maybe I'm missing something, but why would John run for Sheriff in the middle of all of that? And CONTINUE to run even though it was causing Aguirre/Marco to dig into Danny's death!?

I don't mean to come across like I hate the show. I'll still highly recommend it. The writers just do such a good job of making the characters so dislikable
Jim01
AG
Yeah it would go away with him dropping out, but I think John HATES not being in control. He thinks being Sheriff is the only way for certain he can control everything in the police force to protect his family and their secrets.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Yeah, I hear ya. As someone above said....I love/hate this show. I love it, because it does such a good job showing this screwed up situation involving all of these flawed people. I want to have someone to root for, and this makes that really hard!

But you know what, this show is so fantastic because it'll take someone who was so disagreeable and then turn things on their head and make you have sympathy for them. In my case it was Danny's son Nolan and his mother by the end of the season.
TexasAggie008
AG
I'm halfway through and liking it so far

Will read the rest of this thread when done, but comment after first 5 eps - the grandma/mom that runs the resort is my least favorite character. Hopefully she redeems herself the second half, or has less screen time
Bunk Moreland
Sissy Spacek has definitely been overracting this year. I'm on ep 6. Should be done by the weekend, then on to Peaky Blinders.

A few too many extremely convenient things happening this year which is annoying the crap out of me.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
A few too many extremely convenient things happening this year which is annoying the crap out of me.

Yeah, I referred to lazy writing earlier and you just hit the nail on the head. Still good, but not at the level of Season 1.
Bunk Moreland
Just finished. Pretty underwhelming. They sort of went the route of HoC where season 2 just got ridiculous. That finale was just silly.

Why kill off Lowry so conveniently? The sherrif campaign was stupid as well. Is every rich person in the keys tied to the same drug lord?

Just so many stupid conveniences and the finale was frenetic. Show is still easily watchable but man I had high hopes. Didn't achieve them.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
****spoilers****

So the key dropped at Obannon's house, anyone have any idea if that had meaning behind it? Maybe a possible setup?

*****End spoilers*****
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
****spoilers****

So the key dropped at Obannon's house, anyone have any idea if that had meaning behind it? Maybe a possible setup?

*****End spoilers*****

Do you mean at the very end, the key that John drops in front of O'bannen when he has him restrained? I took that as the Handcuff keys so O'bannen could let himself out.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Ah yes, that is what I meant, I missed him handcuffing him. Thanks.
Ranger222
AG
Just finished the second season. Ugh this show. So well done, but felt like it fell apart in the second half.

******************spoilers*******************

Felt like they left so much just hanging out there. You start off the season with John vs Lowry, and a third of the way in did the writers just realize that John vs Marco was the better storyline and just kill off the Lowry story?

Who paid off Ortiz to change her story? All of a sudden we went from Marco being a nonfactor to needing to kill him off

I'm okay with John saying "**** it" and leaving. Okay with Meg going to mom. But Kevin walking in ready to confess to a murder and then committing murder? Biggest stretch so far.

Then there is the Glover angle. Obviously he wants control for his drug ring. How does he get all files and tape? He takes care of Danny's friend but seems to let O'bannon hanging? Don't know where they go with that.

Not sure I could do a third season.
Serious Lee
it was weird because in the first half my main gripe was with the characters, mainly nolan being a bigger a**hole than danny and john leguizamos character trying to sound like a redneck had shades of michael rappaport in season 5 of Justified.

Then watching sissy spacek just repeteadly neglect her guests was particularly annoying to me. I thought they were setting her up to be senile and institutionalized or something but in the end, nothing.

then the second half it was the plot lines that took a dive, most have already been mentioned but i still dont get meg turning on john like that after all they had already been through. espeically with her being an attorney and all.

im no legal eagle but it seems any evidence marco had or could get was circumstantial at best, especially the daughter's necklace (that somehow a dumba** like obannon was able to infer put john himself at the beach that day). thats quite a leap. BTW, who keeps archived surveillance footage from 6 months back?
Sex Panther
AG
I love this show, so damn tense.

Agree with a lot of the complaints as far as John running for Sheriff while all this was going on. I like the argument that he wants to be in control, but come on... nobody would do that while trying to cover everything up that they were involved in.

And maybe I'm naive to small time politics, but would a sheriff's race in the Keys really be treated like that? Felt like they were acting like it was a Senator race.

Loved Leguizamo, and thought Nolan was great too... Damn that kid looks identical to Ben Mendehlson.

And someone needs to bump that most pathetic characters thread and put Kevin at number one.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
And someone needs to bump that most pathetic characters thread and put Kevin at number one.

Yep. Like I said, I now hate Kevin more than I ever did Danny. Danny was sleazy and despicable (in a fantastic villian way), but Kevin is just plain pathetic and unlikeable. I kinda missed Danny this season only because of Mendelson's performance and the character was just such a good villian, but in no way would I miss Kevin if they killed him off.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.