**** Lady Dynamite (Season 1) ****

1,130 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by YankeeAg05
Jim01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone watch this? I just finished it up. Can't even begin to describe it. It's just so random. It very much has a Mitch Hurwitz touch to it. I laughed a lot. The end song on each episode cracked me up every damn time. "I don't know what I'm doing... more than half of the time..." Just a perfect lyric for the show and life.

Overall big thumbs up. Very unique and entertaining.
Professor Frick
AG
This is the new Netflix Maria Bamford show?
Jim01
AG
Correct.
Professor Frick
AG
Cool, I'm down for whatever the bammer does.
Professor Frick
AG
Ok, so damn, just watched the pilot. Wow, you are right it's got that Hurwitz thing, but cranked to 11. As a big fan of Maria's standup, a lot of this hit home, the park bench itself is a real thing she tried to make happen in her neighborhood. The cameos and cast are just great too, patton, Posehn, ana gasteyer reminding us all that she was the original Kathyrn Hahn, Lennon parham, John Mulaney...it's the best of the best.

It's like if arrested development met the 4th wall-defiling Gary Shandling show. This is pure insanity, pure brilliance.
Professor Frick
AG
Oh and in true "meta" Hurwitz form, I loved how after Patton tries to explain that after Louis and Seinfeld no one can be successful intercutting stand up into their show, right on cue Mulaney shows up.
Professor Frick
AG
Bump because people should be watching this.
YankeeAg05
I loved Arrested Development so gave this a shot the other night. It had some funny moments but more than anything it just felt weird or a bit too experimental if that makes sense. I thought Arrested Development worked because they fit a bunch of crazy characters around a straight man whereas this was all crazy characters. Hopping between timelines and breaking the fourth wall made it feel like there was no real plot to follow. Maybe I was expecting too much or it just needs a few episodes to hit a stride.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.