Anyone seen the Angry Birds movie?

1,457 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Professor Frick
Tanya 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How was it?
Professor Frick
AG
Going tomorrow. Ads claim "it's this years's Lego movie". I don't see that happening, the Lego movie is a fantastic movie, regardless of genre. We'll see.
goinjukin
I took my kids on Saturday morning (ages 10,8, and 7) and they laughed the whole time. The rest of the theater seemed to be enjoying it too but I couldn't wait for it to be over - I was actively trying to fall asleep during most of the middle section.

The Lego Movie was greatness. Angry Birds is no where close to being in the same category.
schmendeler
AG
my inlaws took my 5 year old and they said he loved it and they liked it.
Daveintx
meh....

Definitely no Lego Movie, that's for sure
Tanya 93
I liked a lot of the music. That is the best thing I can say.

Benny loved it though. Puts it behind The Lego Movie but ahead of Big Hero 6 and all the Minions !movies in his pecking order.

Strangely enough, the only movie he ever asked to see a second time in the theatre was The Jungle Book.
Murder Hornet
AG
This movie seems to be 6 or 7 years too late, Angry Birds peaked way back then
Professor Frick
AG
I know one 6 year old for whom it's still a thing.

We saw it this morning. He liked it fine, I thought it was pretty mediocre. Visually beautiful like they all are these days, so it was nice to look at at least.

Story was really weak (to be expected) and jokes were mostly pretty flat. It reminded me again how that's it could have been for the Lego movie to have gone this way, just a really trite harmless cash grab. They had every reason to just make a lame movie, but instead made a classic.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.