***Mr Robot Season 2***

28,310 Views | 229 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Sex Panther
DonaldFDraper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That whole scene was very Twin Peaks / Lyncian to me. And I liked it.
aggiesq
AG
Perhaps tyrell is dead but appears now as another personality because elliots additional personalities are always now dead people, maybe even those whose death he takes some blame for
Wade_3
AG
So i was thinking about the video game that Angela was forced to play before she met Whiterose. It was called:

Land of Ecodelia

Ecodelia has no meaning. However, if you split it up into "Eco Delia" you have a phrase that means:

"House (Eco) of the land of Delos (Delia)"

Delos is the island in the Greek Mythology where Apollo and Artemis were born.

Apollo is the God of the Sun and Knowledge (among other things).
Artemis is the Goddess of the Moon (and also the Hunt and...Archery)

So Whiterose has Angela play a game that could be testing her knowledge, in the "Land of the House of Delos".

To me, that seems like a strange coincidence that there could now be references to the Chinese Sun/Moon Gods and the Greek Sun/Moon Gods.

Here's a question...Have we ever seen Whiterose outside during the day?
TCTTS
AG
Yes. At that cemetery when she peed on the grave.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
and also on that walk with phillip.
Wade_3
AG
hmm, ok. Will have to re-think that part of my theory.
aTmAg
AG
Every interaction with Whiterose annoys me. That whole interrogation scene was eyerollingly ******ed.

I like most of the rest off the show though.
Paladin05
AG
quote:
You legitimately just blew my mind. Now I'm going to be disappointed if that's *not* the plot.

Ohh, what's really going to bake your noodle later is, what if Mr. Robot is a reboot of Quantum Leap?
BlackLab
AG
Is white rose not the Chinese dude in drag? I thought it was his alter ego.
TCTTS
AG
Kind of, yeah. Within the reality of the show, Whiterose is a transgender female who dresses up as a male when acting as China's Minister of State Security. In real life, both roles are obviously played by a male, BD Wong (aka Dr. Wu from Jurassic Park).
Quinn
AG
bobinator
AG
Well I have absolutely no idea what's happening now, but I like it.
bobinator
AG
Hm... not sure what I think about that
cone
AG
kraftwerk
AgShaun00
AG
I think I need to rewatch the finale again. I expected more and maybe I missed some small clues.
bobinator
AG
quote:
I think I need to rewatch the finale again. I expected more and maybe I missed some small clues.
This was sort of my thing. Like, did anything happen?

At least (I think) we (probably) know that Tyrell is (most likely) real.
cone
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/MrRobot/comments/53x4sr/spoilers_s2e12_what_got_answered_and_what_didnt_a/

in for season 3
Paladin05
AG
I thought it was a good episode, although not as great as the couple before it. I also didn't think it lived up to the great promise showed by the season's second half.

Craig Robinson's character ruined the first half of the season for me. In the end, he added nothing meaningful to the plot, and he's one of those actors who just doesn't work for me in a dramatic role, like John C. Reilly, or David Schwimmer in any role where he doesn't get to yell "PIVOT!!!" They might as well have cast Seth Rogen.
scoop12
AG
quote:
Craig Robinson's character ruined the first half of the season for me. In the end, he added nothing meaningful to the plot, and he's one of those actors who just doesn't work for me in a dramatic role, like John C. Reilly, or David Schwimmer in any role where he doesn't get to yell "PIVOT!!!" They might as well have cast Seth Rogen.

I hope this ends up important down the road, but I think this was just a ploy by the writers to fill up a few episodes with Elliott in prison so they could have another clever reveal. Without that plot line, it is just seceral episodes of Elliot wandering around the prison.
TCTTS
AG
I highly recommend listening to the latest podcast episode from The Watch when you guys get the chance. It's Andy Greenwald and Chris Ryan interviewing creator Sam Esmail about season two and the finale, with some incredibly candid insight on the part of Esmail. Greenwald hosts the post show Hacking Robot on USA, and he and Chris have been reviewing every episode on their podcast since the show started, and were fairly critical of it at times this season. In return, Esmail is a big fan of theirs, has listened to every one of their podcasts/critiques throughout the season, and it just makes for a really honest, frank, and fun discussion. Email is such a good sport, and I have to say, even though I didn't agree with some of the choices he made this season, I have even more respect for not only him, but the show as well, after listening to this. Really great stuff all around...

https://soundcloud.com/the-watch-podcast/ep-178-mr-robot-creator-sam-esmail
Sex Panther
AG
I just finally finished the last two episodes... man wtf is going on? Ep 11 is one of the most head scratching things I've ever seen.

Also, Wade_3 I love the enthusiasm and the outside the box thinking... but what in the hell are you talking about?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.