***Mr Robot Season 2***

28,275 Views | 229 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Sex Panther
Swarely
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Trailer just dropped.

Morpholino
AG
Premiere is July 13th.

This is my number 1 show this year. Hopefully S2 will be as good as S1.
Quinn
AG
Teddy Perkins
AG
Binge watched season 1. Interested to see where they go with season 2. My hopes are high.
Ragoo
AG
Loved Rami in The Pacific and he is even better in this show.
Sentinel
AG
So ready for this.
dreyOO
Love this show
AgShaun00
AG
Just watched season 1. What a mind trip and thinking I need to watch again after reading season 1 thread
Swarely
k20dub
Duncan Idaho
When does this start back up?
Quinn
AG
The first part of the season premier was posted online earlier by USA. I think it goes offline at midnight, though. Full 2 hour season premier is Wednesday night.
Mucho austin
AG
I wasn't a fan of the season 1 finale. But I do like the show and look forward to s2
CorpsAg11
AG
Thinking of watching season 1 on Amazon but i have a question for those who've watched it....

I've heard it has a very "Occupy Wall Street" theme to it, and i don't exactly align with the bongo drums / whiteguy dreadlocks crowd politically, so will this show just piss me off?
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Thinking of watching season 1 on Amazon but i have a question for those who've watched it....

I've heard it has a very "Occupy Wall Street" theme to it, and i don't exactly align with the bongo drums / whiteguy dreadlocks crowd politically, so will this show just piss me off?

You don't sound like someone that deserves to watch this show
CorpsAg11
AG
Haha thank you, you kind of answered my question by unintentionally outing yourself as one of those people. Struck a nerve clearly.
k20dub
AG
I'm not that kinda guy either but you certainly don't have to be go enjoy this show. So many different plot lines that will have you thinking. One of my favorites.
cr0wbar
AG
quote:

lol
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Haha thank you, you kind of answered my question by unintentionally outing yourself as one of those people. Struck a nerve clearly.

Yes you struck a nerve. people that are so tribal about their politics that they can't appreciate a good writing annoy me.
CorpsAg11
AG
quote:
I'm not that kinda guy either but you certainly don't have to be go enjoy this show. So many different plot lines that will have you thinking. One of my favorites.
Thanks K20, turns out it is possible to answer without being a hotheaded moron (Duncan)
k20dub
k20dub
AG
Well that was an interesting premiere. Confused AF
et98
AG
I had a problem with the whole "corporations are bad" theme at first, but I have an even bigger problem with school teachers selling meth and murdering people, yet Breaking Bad is my favorite show of all time.

Continuing with that Breaking Bad comparison, Mr. Robot isn't really about that Occupy Wall Street theme just like Breaking Bad wasn't really about selling meth. Those themes are merely the backdrop for shows about very interesting characters. And I doubt I'm spoiling anything when I say that like all the dramas these days, the protagonists are more anti-hero than hero, so they aren't exactly wearing white hats.
TCTTS
AG
The season 2 premiere was absolutely legit, cinematically speaking. It looked cool as hell, felt cool as hell, and that Phil Collins / burning-the-money scene was so great, and the kind of sequence this show does so damn well.

That said, I need to go back and watch last season's finale. And then I need to re-watch this premiere, because I am so damn lost. Actually, I get the overall gist, and can follow for the most part, but there are so many little things that I either didn't catch or can't remember at all...

- Did we actually see Elliot leave fsociety in the finale last season?

- Did Elliot say he's living at his mom's? At first I thought that was some kind halfway house or something, but then I thought he said something to the therapist about living with his mom. The episode was so dense and Iong that I didn't want to keep rewinding. If so, was that the first time we've seen his mother in the present day?

- I cannot for the life of me remember how Tyrell's story ended last season either. I know he killed that woman on the rooftop and then got fired, but I remember absolutely nothing of his arc after that save for him going to the fsociety funhouse lair and talking to Elliot. But even then, I can't remember what their dynamic was or what they talked about / decided. I just didn't get the whole " Where is Tyrell?" thing because I don't remember him disappearing in the finale at all.

- Was it the head of Evil Corp who met with the Asian cross-dresser from Jurassic Park at the very end of last season's finale? Didn't they hint at this whole thing being part of their master plan or something?

- And finally, this may be a super dumb question, but what, exactly, did fsociety do in the finale last season? I know they finally hacked Evil Corp and somehow toppled the financial infrastructure, but I honestly can't remember what their exact plan was and how much of it they executed.
Ragoo
AG
http://www.vulture.com/2016/07/mr-robot-recap-season-2-episode-1-2.html
Prophet00
AG
- And finally, this may be a super dumb question, but what, exactly, did fsociety do in the finale last season? I know they finally hacked Evil Corp and somehow toppled the financial infrastructure, but I honestly can't remember what their exact plan was and how much of it they executed.

This was by far, the best scene of last year, and gives you some clarity on how/why they hacked ECorp. Encrypted all of their financial information, and shut down access. They couldn't (theoretically) accept payment from anyone that banked with them, everyone's credit balance goes back to zero because they have no record of what is owed.

TCTTS
AG
Thanks, guys!
cone
AG
Elliot is totally in a mental institution. He committed himself.
cone
AG
quote:
everyone's credit balance goes back to zero because they have no record of what is owed
i have faith that Esmail is going to play this straight.

we should be seeing martial law at some point. looting. riots. bread lines. Venezuela.
TCTTS
AG
I think you're right. That's what threw me for a loop, initially. There's absolutely no way that's his mom's place, nor is she likely in his life in any real way.
inch05
AG
prevailing thoughts from reddit are that he's in prison or an institution. the basketball games make you lean more towards prison but definitely a fun beginning to the season!
cone
AG
listening to some random dude at breakfast, lunch, and dinner about Seinfeld
AgLiving06
What I love about this show is that it makes you question everything.

Last show that did this imo was Lost...hopefully this has a better ending.
et98
AG
I'm 100% sure he's in a mental institution. It may be a place for the criminally insane, but it's definitely as much or more of a mental institution than a prison.

All his talk about routine, journaling, the church group (which might really be a therapy group as opposed to a church group), the pyro girl, and Craig Robinson (who acts more like a case worker than a prison guard) showing up with what appears to be a therapy dog that he's trying to push onto Elliot all lead me to believe he's in a mental institution and not a prison.

Also, "Take Me Home" by Phil Collins playing such a prominent role in the episode is a dead giveaway, since it's about a guy in a mental institution.

Just like the whole "Christian Slater is all in Elliot's mind" theory that was painfully obvious from episode 1 (and intentionally so) last year, I think the whole "Elliot is in a mental institution" is supposed to equally as obvious.

I also think Elliot's lunch buddy is all in Elliot's mind. When they're at lunch together, Elliot never speaks to him, and nobody else interacts with him. Everyone else probably just sees Elliot sitting quietly by himself. When the b-ball players asked for their ball, it was impossible to tell if they were speaking to Elliot or his lunch buddy. Elliot did nothing as the lunch buddy bowed up to them and threw away the ball, so they only responded to 1 of them...not both. When Craig Robinson immediately appeared, the lunch buddy seemed to simultaneously disappear.

TL;DR version: Elliot's in a mental institution, Craig Robinson is his case worker, and the lunch buddy isn't real
cr0wbar
AG
Man - watched the 1:30 hour premier last night, really really enjoyed it. Where I thought they kind of gassed out a bit the last two episodes of last season, they definitely kicked it up with confusion, questions, and a lot of dark motifs.

• Beginning of episode: Where is Tyrell? We see Elliot quickly chatting - he was messaging someone, and they said something to the effect of "We dont usually change, but will make an exception" Then "Mayday Mayday, the 9th of May?" I don't know if that was correct- I'll have to scour reddit to find a screencap
  • In that same scene, we see Elliot reaching into the popcorn for what we assume is the pistol that his sister left season 1. So are we led to believe that Elliot murdered him in the fsociety hideout? Then pinned it all on Tyrell? But that can't be right because red phone/ Bonsiour, Elliot. WHAT?!!?
  • I thought I specifically remembered Elliot saying he was staying with his mother - he told that to his psychiatrist Krista, right? "Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't"
  • Darlene is still running the fsociety game - trying to put further pressure on E Corp. Seems she doesnt know where Elliot is or even gives 2 shlts.
  • If Tyrell is being pinned for the economy collapse- why is his wife Joanna still being protected by the bodyguards? And she's still getting her freak flag on. She had the baby. WHOS CALLING HER!?
  • Gideon - man, I really like Michael Gil from HoC - and I've loved him so far in Robot. That scene with the stranger in the bar was tense. Tough to see him go
  • Loved the music in this episode. Like Et98 mentioned above- Genesis "Take me Home" was SO good there. There was another great song used in that episode, can't remember it's name. But Sam Emil and crew have done an outstanding job with the bass and general score of each episode to lull you in comfortably then transition the scene by abruptly cutting off the music. Letting us feel like we're losing our marbles too.

Will have to watch again over the weekend - the journal was a very cool way of Elliot trying to keep himself in his analog loop.

Question RE Season 1: Many of you mentioned that "White Rose" hacker showing up and speaking or being seen with the CEO of E Corp. What episode was that specifically? I dont recall that at all?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.