Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping

3,361 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by LHIOB
aTmLoKi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

The Mrs. and I went to a pre-screening of this film Friday night and absolutely loved it. This is the new Lonely Island movie done in a "Popumentary" format and it was much funnier than we anticipated. Fortunately, they save the best jokes and moments for the actual movie and not just the trailer. If you are a fan of any of the Lonely Island material, you are going to absolutely love this!
aTmLoKi
AG
So there is an all-out media blitz for this now. I have to say that the less time you spend watching the trailers, the more you will enjoy this one. They gave away one of the funniest (yet predictable) moments from the movie in their most recent trailer.

Still, it has been good to see "Conner4Real" perform on the Voice and SNL.

Finest Girl (Bin Laden Song)
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
So there is an all-out media blitz for this now. I have to say that the less time you spend watching the trailers, the more you will enjoy this one. They gave away one of the funniest (yet predictable) moments from the movie in their most recent trailer.

Still, it has been good to see "Conner4Real" perform on the Voice and SNL.

Finest Girl (Bin Laden Song)

That song is awesome.
cr0wbar
AG
On the fence on this one because of the name Apatow on the poster
aTmLoKi
AG
quote:
Sitting at 80% right now and looks like it'll be certified fresh. I'm telling you, this will not disappoint you. If you enjoy any of the Lonely Island stuff - you're going to really like this movie. Go have fun!
jr15aggie
AG
So I just googled "lonely island" and I immediately understood like a dozen internet references that I was clueless about before.
TajMaballer
AG
Hysterical! Definitely listening to the soundtrack over and over again! It's on Spotify and Apple Music for those who are interested!
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
So I just googled "lonely island" and I immediately understood like a dozen internet references that I was clueless about before.
20ag07
quote:
The only real knock on Apatow is his tendency to run long. And at less than 90 mins, that's not a problem at all here.

Really fun movie, don't think this one will get a ton of attention in theatres(it's got a smaller release and slim marketing), but will catch on as a home watch, which it's probably better suited for.

I enjoyed Neighbors 2 more, but it was a good summer comedy worth seeing.
dv0478
better than Hot Rod?
bigjag19
AG
Saw last night. Outstanding. Great lyrics throughout and the cameos were excellent.
FtBendTxAg
AG
I'm a Samberg fan. He cracks me up. Watch every episode of Brooklyn 99 and quote hot rod on a daily basis. Looking forward to this one.
TajMaballer
AG
Different, but I would say as enjoyable. Maybe more because this had songs I can pull up.
Joan Wilder
AG
We saw it last night and laughed a LOT. We didn't expect a ton going in and were really surprised - the lonely island guys are pretty clever. The cameos were fantastic and really well done. Though at one point I was expecting Johnny Manziel to show up in some of the party scenes, and not realize it was a movie.

The TMZ office scenes were hysterical.

As 2007 said, it doesn't have the usual Apatow lack of editing issue - the movie moves along pretty quickly.

TCTTS
AG

quote:
As 2007 said, it doesn't have the usual Apatow lack of editing issue - the movie moves along pretty quickly.

That's because Apatow didn't edit/direct it.
Professor Frick
AG
I think Akiva and Jorme have done a great job directing all the SNL shorts and lonely island videos, and they directed this one.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Just saw it and thought it was hilarious! Honestly liked it more than Neighbors 2
Bunk Moreland
thought it was pretty damn funny. Some jokes fell flat at times, but overall it was really well done.

the CMZ scenes had me rolling.
dv0478
Neighbors 2 was pure doo doo in comparison
512Ag
AG
quote:
better than Hot Rod?

Unpossible.
watty
AG
Enjoyed this movie. Liked it more than Neighbors 2 as well. I liked the style of the movie, and it was pretty funny all the way through. I'm a big fan of those guys.
LHIOB
AG
quote:
I'm a Samberg fan. He cracks me up. Watch every episode of Brooklyn 99 and quote hot rod on a daily basis. Looking forward to this one.

Cool beans
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.