Views

1,264 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by frog_killer
Donald Glover
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm a huge Drake fan, but every song on this album sounds the same, with a few exceptions, and they all are so slow. I don't know how many rap fans are on this board, but this seems to be a trend in rap these days, everyone's going slow/chill, even Kanye did it.
wangus12
AG
He ain't no Childish Gambino.
Token
AG
quote:
I'm a huge Drake fan, but every song on this album sounds the same, with a few exceptions, and they all are so slow. I don't know how many rap fans are on this board, but this seems to be a trend in rap these days, everyone's going slow/chill, even Kanye did it.
i love the album. He's going back to 2009 flow
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:

That's kind of Drake's thing though right?
TajMaballer
AG
I like it, but I'm still thinking about Beyonce's album as I'm listening to Drake. Hopefully this one will grow on me like Take Care did.
suburban cowboy
AG
I haven't listened yet, but NWTS will be hard to top, for me.
scubasteve304
AG
Been listening all day. Love it (full disclosure I'm a total Stan). It is slightly unfortunate that he doesn't seem to be concerned with having any upbeat party bangers but I'm not gonna complain. This album is exceptionally smooth, no one does personal emo rap like Drizzy and 20 freaking songs without any skits or half assed interludes or a buncha retreads? Hell yes. Also agree with token, many tracks have a So Far Gone energy. Feels very complete for me. It's 4AM Uber perfection.
aggiebonzo
AG
Thought it was alright. Something I'll listen to for a week or two then probably never revisit. Loved if you're reading this it's too late.
StringerBell
AG
Drakes gotta find some new material to rap about
frog_killer
AG
Every album Drake has put out has this vibe, minus IYRTITL. And that was not a true Drake album, that was 17 or so bangers that he had in the arsenal, and decided to drop all at once.

This album will end up being remembered as somewhere between take care and NWTS. U with me, hype, feel no ways, redemption, still here, Childs play, too good are all as good as anything he has done.

Controlla, one dance, with you, are all great pop songs as well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.