Everything wrong with Hollywood in one tweet

6,141 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Presley OBannons Sword
boboguitar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I'm curious how much PepsiCo paid for that.

Was wondering that too, everything but the reebock was a PepsiCo product.
Al Bula
AG
From the article:
quote:
This is actually a bigger problem than it seems for Paramount. Wulong Karst is "state-backed," i.e. Chinese government-backed. And many movies these days rely heavily on the Chinese box office for their profits. Especially action movies. Especially, especially action movies that critics don't like and/or are doing poorly in America. If you can't understand why something's getting a sequel, "It did well in China" is probably why.

So the people who run Hollywood are beholden to foreign governments for money. Since everything comes down to money, I suppose it is foolish to not realize this sooner. I don't watch trash like Transformers so I could not care less which foreign government sues a studio with more money than God.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:

This has been sitting on my desk for over a decade thanks to this movie. I like to hold it while watching the squirrels playing outside my office window.
Muy
AG
quote:
Has anyone ever seen a product placement in a movie and thought, I have to have that or I need one of those?

Absolutely not, then I look down and said product is in my hand.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

The interesting thing about that is that Swingline didn't have a red stapler before Office Space. Mike Judge just wanted it to stand out so he had it painted by a prop designer. Swingline didn't even pay any money for that movie. They just lucked into their biggest jackpot in company history.
javajaws
AG
After Pretty Woman hookers everywhere raised their rates!

Product placement = bad.
Presley OBannons Sword
I bought a Humvee after the rock
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.