So... SYLVESTER STALLONE is starring in my business partners' new show...

10,889 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Urban Ag
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Well, here we go. We did NOT expect the news to leak this early - or, at all, rather - as I attested last night in the Sundance thread, but here we are. Either way, I officially live in bizarro world now...

http://deadline.com/2016/04/sylvester-stallone-omerta-mario-puzo-tv-series-harvey-weinstein-antoine-fuqua-1201745852/

I cannot fully express how long and winding this road has been. These guys have been two of my very best friends going on 13 years now, and I've written with both on side projects here and there in the past. We've been through a ton together in this industry - a lot of good, some bad - but we've never given up, and have stuck with it long after so many other acquaintances called it quits. One of these two lives out of town, but was in LA to pitch their take on this to Harvey the day after my birthday in 2014. That night - at my party - our company, Oil & Cattle, was born out of a serendipitous conversation we had, and ever since setting the company up, we've been able to make incredible inroads simply by saying that two of our four founding partners had written Harvey's passion project. Except we had no proof. And now, we have THIS. And this changes everything for us.

As for the project itself, as the story breifly mentions, Harvey tried for 15 years to make this as a movie. It was my two buddies, in that initial meeting, who had the balls to tell Harvey this wasn't a movie. It was a TV show. They convinced him right then and there, got the job, and ultimtaely delivered, in Harvey's own words, "one of the best scripts I've ever read." Since then, months and months have been dedicated to attaching the right director and star, but things kept falling apart due to circumstances beyond my friends' control. And just when it seemed like things had started to cool a bit, one of my buddies floated an idea by us after seeing Creed. What if STALLONE was the lead? He had never crossed our minds before, but all the sudden he seemed like the perfect fit. Weeks later, Fuqua signed on to direct, and it just so happened that he and Stallone had always wanted to work together. The rest is now history.

Anyway, again, this is big, big day for not only my two partners as a writing team, but for us a company as well. Though this isn't an official Oil & Cattle project, a rising tide lifts all boats. Through sheer hustle and grit we've been able to set up projects all over town - projects I can't wait to tell you guys about once they're official - but the game for us just got a little easier with this news. We have something to point to now. Heck, just in the last hour this has already affected one of our projects in a positive way, as this news spreads like wild fire. And once this show finally airs, the game really changes.

Until then, back to the grindstone...
Professor Frick
AG
So awesome, congratulations!
fig96
AG
Holy crap dude, Fuqua and Stallone? Kick ass man, congrats!

Can't wait to see this develop.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jackie childs
very cool, congrats!
CapCityAg89
AG
So long as this gets the Obi Wan story with the TAEB as extras done - that's all that matters.

Seriously - congrats dude.
CapCityAg89
AG
And this really really needs to be HBO or Netflix. I shudder to think about Omert on CBS.
TCTTS
AG
It won't be network. Too graphic. Will definitely be one of the "prestige" cable outlets or Netflix.
InternetFan02
AG
The Stallone-aissance!

It's an epic 4 word pitch: Puzo...Harvey...Fuqua...Stallone ---> In! Say no more
hunter2012
AG
Can you put in a plot twist where the Russian mob sends a hit man...

FL_Ag1998
AG
Congrats dude, thats awesome!
TCTTS
AG
Not kidding, I jokingly pitched that exact idea yesterday.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
1st time you meet him go all out and do the "Adriaaaaann" thing. He'll love it.
Sbisa04
AG
Awesome
MROD92
That's great TCTTS, always pulling for you!!
schmendeler
AG
congrats. exciting! and good for us, this sounds like something i'd like to watch.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, trust me, this will be a legit good show. I've read the entire multi-season layout/plan, given notes, talked endlessly with these guys about the themes and narrative and what not, and there are some really, really cool things in store. This could definitely become something special.
MROD92
TCTTS,

Just curious is this the project you discussed on TexAgs years ago and couldn't disclose entire details but you kept thinking it was just around the corner to make it to the small screen?
TCTTS
AG
No, totally different project. Had to put that on the back burner for a while, but we've recently picked it back up. Writing that one myself.
MROD92
Awesome, happy you have so many irons in the fire. The family feels like they've grown up with you. My daughter is now a fish at A&M, when we discuss upcoming shows she'll ask me, yeah but what does Too Close have to say about it?
Good luck
Saxsoon
AG
Wow that is awesome TCTTS. Huge inroads abound
wangus12
AG
I'm going to be largely critical and hate it just for you.

Just kidding. Congrats. Get me some signed boxing gloves.
MASAXET
AG
Congrats! Looking forward to this!
Citizen Reign
Congratulations! These must be some truly exciting times for you and your buds.
titanmaster_race
Texags....we know stuff (and Stallone)
titanmaster_race
Congrats TCTTS!
Bunk Moreland
Congrats. That's awesome stuff. Hard work pays off, even in Hollywood.
El Mero Guero
Congrats TCTTS! Hopefully this is just the beginning!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS - Too close to the Sly
aTmLoKi
AG
Congrats! Please be sure and send all information regarding future shows and plot twists to Redstone, so he can share it with us first.
TCTTS
AG
Much appreciated, guys!
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Awesome, happy you have so many irons in the fire. The family feels like they've grown up with you. My daughter is now a fish at A&M, when we discuss upcoming shows she'll ask me, yeah but what does Too Close have to say about it?
Good luck

Ha, now the pressure's really on. Great to hear, though.
TCTTS
AG
I told my friends that when I visit the set, if I leave without a classic fake punch pose with Sly, I will consider them failures as friends, business partners, and writers...

TCTTS
AG
That said, I may very well shake things up, wear a hat that day, turn it backwards, and go in for this pose...

TCTTS
AG
Clearly, I have some very big decisions to make.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.