So... SYLVESTER STALLONE is starring in my business partners' new show...

10,928 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Urban Ag
suburban cowboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Congrats
Hagen95
AG
Awesome! Congrats!
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Man that's awesome.
Post removed:
by user
GoAgs92
AG
third coast.. said:

Whatever happened here?
MeToo.
TCTTS
AG
Basically, this.

Before that, though, after this announcement, every studio in town wanted to hear the pitch, and my business partners + Harvey pitched it everywhere. Except that Harvey wasn't used to how TV operates and basically found a way to *****nearly every pitch. My buddies said he'd ramble forever, and when he wasn't physically there for a pitch, would somehow *****it up even when calling in. One time he called in with his dogs barking nonstop in the background, to the point where an exec finally had to say something. Another time even the director, who was there for the bigger pitches, straight up walked out in the middle of a pitch because of Harvey. My buddies said it was basically like witnessing a weeks-long car crash.

Still, after all that, Apple wanted to make it their flagship show and a foreign network offered like $2M an episode for international markets. Harvey never engaged Apple again and turned down the foreign offer. He didn't like the idea of giving up the necessary he control he'd have to give up for TV.

So, finally, after the project had cooled and Harvey had botched the whole thing, he went back to wanting to make it a movie, which had been his original goal/passion for like 15 years. So he hired my business partners to do just that. A few months later they delivered the movie version and Harvey was over the moon. His execs said they hadn't seen him that fired up for a project in a long time. My buddies did one more quick pass based on some minor notes, Harvey told then he could not be more happy with the finished product, said this was his dream finally realized after 15 years, and that the script was going out to a couple of big-name directors the very next week.

My friends/business partners had finally made it. After all the sh*t they had been through with the show version, this felt like a massive win for both the project and obviously their careers.

This was early in the first week of October 2017.

That Thursday, The New York Times article hit, #MeToo began, and the rest is history.
Post removed:
by user
Rex Racer
AG
TCTTS said:

That Thursday, The New York Times article hit, #MeToo began, and the rest is history.
I would not have guessed the first part, but this is how I figured the story ended. What rotten luck. And I suppose Weinstein still owns the rights, so your friends are just SOL on this project?
TCTTS
AG
No, the entire Hollywood world *didn't* know. They knew he was an assh*le because... he's an assh*le. But so are so many other successful people in this industry. It's par for the course. Only a relatively small group - Harvey's victims included - knew he was as bad as we eventually learned he was. Were there people who turned a blind eye? Absolutely. But the victims themselves have made it abundantly clear why they didn't speak up sooner, and why this whole situation was WAY more complex than you might want it to be. Either way, don't resurrect this thread from your high horse and then insinuate that my friends might be part of the problem. Because they're the last thing from it.
TCTTS
AG
Rex Racer said:

TCTTS said:

I would not have guessed the first part, but this is how I figured the story ended. What rotten luck. And I suppose Weinstein still owns the rights, so your friends are just SOL on this project?

A new company bought the rights to all of Weinstein's library, including his slate of in development projects. They brought my buddies in to talk about possibly bringing the project back to life, but not much has come of it so far and it's still in limbo. Personally, I doubt it ever sees the light of day.
Post removed:
by user
TCTTS
AG
My "defensive trigger"? Seriously?

You LITERALLY just insinuated - on a public message board - that my close friends KNEW Harvey Weinstein was a predator and STILL chose to work with him.

OF COURSE I'm going to get defensive about that.

Rex Racer
AG
TCTTS said:

Rex Racer said:

TCTTS said:

A new company bought the rights to all of Weinstein's library, including his slate of in development projects. They brought my buddies in to talk about possibly bringing the project back to life, but not much has come of it so far and it's still in limbo. Personally, I doubt it ever sees the light of day.

I hope it does. And also that Oil & Cattle takes off with some big hits. Would love to see y'all have massive success.
Post removed:
by user
TCTTS
AG
I appreciate that. This feels like a big, big year. We've got a lot of irons in the fire - with some big names attached - and are super close to finally seeing a few them hopefully pay off.
TCTTS
AG
third coast.. said:

I, and certainly a load of us commoners, were under the impression that everyone knew about it leading up to the story.... because that is what we were told by the media world when this whole thing broke. It was Hollywood's dirty secret. So yes I would have thought people working side by side with this dude would know this thing is dropping because I cant imagine upcoming exposes would be easy to keep under wraps. You just said they were in regular meetings with the dude the freaking weeks before it was dropping. And the term defensive trigger goes back to a conversation we had on here a week ago. *******.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. But it's now beyond clear what you want the outcome to be.
Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Y'all sure riled up old sport!
AquaCasaAg
AG
You know what this means? Rule number 3, let's drink some moon juice.
TCTTS
AG
PatAg
AG
Not sure why third coast felt the need to dig up an old thread like this, only to just act like a jerk. Bit stalker-ish.
Post removed:
by user
Urban Ag
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.