The Magnificent Seven trailer

10,878 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Zombie Jon Snow
EllisCoAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
agree on all accounts, fun movie!
techno-ag
AG
Saw it. Good popcorn flick. Nothing classic, but lots of fun. The original music came in at the end. Worth the money to see at the theater. Looking forward to a sequel.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Took my dad to see it today. He loved it. I thought it was a lot of fun.
mallen
AG
Really liked this movie. Had just enough synergy between the characters to make it interesting and the action sequences were well done.
claytonwakefield06
AG
I liked it too. Really entertaining!
ro828
It's at 64% on Rotten Tomatoes and looks like it might be fun. I love the "warnings" about the PG-13 ratings for it as the term "historical smoking" is used. I presume that what it means is that since it's set at a time before Political Correctness some characters smoke. But what I think is some mouth breather shouting, "Gosh darn, Mildred. Look at them boys! That's some historical smoking they're doing."
TXAG 05
AG
Just got home. Is it the best movie ever made? No, but it it is pretty good and a lot of fun. Highly recommend.
The Kraken
AG
Saw it last night. Bored the heck out of me. Predictable, unoriginal, cliched. Couldn't wait for it to end. Best part was the original music at the end credits. Won't watch again.
Bockaneer
AG
saw it last night for dinner at the alamo... thoroughly enjoyable and pairs well with the Nashville hot chicken sandwich
double aught
AG
I agree with most here. Fun movie. Good cast. I thought it played like a war movie as much as a western.
double aught
AG
I listened to Elmer Bernstein's original theme this morning. So great.
AR_Ag95
AG
quote:
quote:
Pratt was Pratt. He is really getting type cast into the same character of the wise cracking good guy trying to play the tough guy. I really want to see him play a character with a little more depth one of these days. I think he has the chops for it, but man he needs to give something else a try.

This looks good

He was also good in his small role in Moneyball.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
Saw it with the rib tonight. Bored the heck out of me. Predictable, unoriginal, cliched. Couldn't wait for it to end. Best part was the original music at the end credits. Won't watch again.

Wait...a remake of a remake was unoriginal?
R0GUE
AG
Great, fun action movie. Highly recommend.
TCTTS
AG
It was... fine. Not great, but not bad either. Fuqua shot the hell out of it - it looked beautiful - but I didn't think it offered much of anything new to the genre. That, and Pratt's character was kind of a dud for me. Felt like a role for a lesser star. A lot of his and other characters' one-liners were delivered as if they were the most clever or even iconic lines ever, but a lot of them fell kind of flat. But overall, the action was fun, and I guess I was decently entertained for two-and-a-half hours. I'd say it's worth watching when it hits cable.
double aught
AG
quote:

Pratt was Pratt. He is really getting type cast into the same character of the wise cracking good guy trying to play the tough guy. I really want to see him play a character with a little more depth one of these days. I think he has the chops for it, but man he needs to give something else a try.

I really like the guy, but I pretty much agree. What's funny is that his role on Parks and Rec was different.
PlanoAggie
AG
I took my sons yesterday -- we all enjoyed it! Lots of fun!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Saw it last night. Good movie overall. Not great but a decent western and those are hard to come by.

Denzel was very good as usual. Pratt was Pratt but not Over the top so it worked. D'Onofrio and Hawke had the most interesting characters that were developed a little and were not completely stereotypical for them or the genre. But I really liked the Mexican the Asian and the Indian guys although I don't even know who played them.

The best parts though are probably the direction, the editing, the cinematography and the score. It's a well made film and looks great. Solid cast but it wasn't the acting or story that carrier this. Worth watching.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.