Louis CK and Steve Buscemi in Horace and Pete

2,373 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Complete Idiot
PooDoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
10 episodes available on his website

www.louisck.net

PooDoo
AG
Through 2 episodes and the show is pretty raw. Jessica Lange and Alan Alda are really good.

Louis C.K. On How He Cast 'Horace and Pete'

Louis C.K. Recalls Joe Pesci's Thoughts On Comedy & Cunnilingus
Hudson2508
AG
Heard great things about it. On my list to watch.
TXAGFAN
AG
Is it really good? I was interested after hearing him talk about it on Stern, but then read it's long and hard to watch.
Goldie Wilson
Although it's a completely different format, it somewhat reminds me of his FX show. Sometimes funny, sometimes emotional and deep, sometimes awkward and uncomfortable and difficult to watch
PooDoo
AG
It reminds me of the theater. There are a lot of mic hits that they leave in... Continuity is nonexistent... I'm not sure if that isn't cleaned up because Louis is self financing or he's purposely leaving that stuff in because he's making a statement.
Tobias Funke
AG
I think it's meant to feel like a play.

Two eps in... Really good stuff so far
PooDoo
AG
Wow, heavy stuff.

Biggest question I have is when Pete was getting ready for his date he put Vaseline on his nipples... Is that really a thing?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sucks to see Louis lose so much money on this thing. Have to wonder why he decided to gamble on this and sink all his money in this thing instead of going the safer route. Though you have to assume he'll end up selling to Netflix or another buyer and making his money back.

Just hope this means another season of Louie soon.
Bunk Moreland
1) him going around telling everyone he's losing money on it is sort of BS, as the show hasn't played out yet so it's like a producer telling people before the release a movie's run in theaters and dvd that they lost a ton of money on it. He's his PR campaign will likely be enough to put him in the green on the project.

2) If he does lose money, it's his own stupid fault because of the platform he chose to release it. Production costs shouldn't have been so damn expensive if he was going to use the platform and style he did to release it. The joy of what he's doing is that the market decides if you succeed or fail.

3) I love Louis, but honestly don't think I care enough to watch the show on this realm. At some point I'll make the decision to either pay for it, or just say F it. Choices are a good thing.

Agree with you Brian.
TXAGFAN
AG
I can't get excited about this show. I'm not going to sit at my computer and watch tv.
Tobias Funke
AG
I just watched Episode 6. Good grief
Complete Idiot
I watched the first two episodes, I will watch anything Louis CK does after his last few years of standup and the Louie show on FX.

I would say it's watchable, and has it's moments, but I haven't enjoyed it as much as I did Louie. It does feel like a play for sure, it hits on many of his past themes as well. I'll certainly watch the rest of the episodes.
Complete Idiot
Finished it last night, nothing overly profound but I felt it was pretty powerful. Certainly interesting and not what one would expect from Louie. Certain elements are recognizable from the FX show, themes and topics he finds important, but less humor and presented in a different way.
Max Power
AG
I'm currently on episode three, going to be hard to finish it. I agree it definitely feels more like a play, like someone mixed up Cheers and Death of a Salesman, really heavy, intense, hard to even finish an episode. I've been basically breaking them in half. The casting and acting have been solid.

He had a great interview on Maron last week, which is why I bought the season. Maron said he binged the show, I don't see how it would be possible to sit through the entire thing in a day.

I definitely miss Louie right now, I love how it blends comedy and awkwardness together. I rewatched the episode with Seinfeld the other day, one of my favorites.

Joan Wilder
AG
I listened to his interview on Bill Simmons' podcast. He hasn't really lost money - he just produced and invested and the returns are now coming in, and will when it gets sold. He said he deliberately released it on a Saturday and with no publicity almost as an experiment.

I haven't watched it as I'm not a big watch TV on the computer person, and I got annoyed by his emails promoting it. And then emails complaining about people complaining about his emails. Then more emails.
Complete Idiot
Thanks for the Maron tip - listened to it and enjoyed it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.