CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR SPOILER/DISCUSSION THREAD

73,040 Views | 633 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AliasMan02
GiveEmHellBill
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
"That movie was confusing." I just nodded my head and agreed.
Well, that explains everything.

Next time, try something more you and your family's speed. Like the Angry Birds movie.
TajMaballer
AG
The bump of this thread reminded me to preorder the Blu Ray.
bearamedic99
AG
My father was visiting from out of state the last two weeks so we had a nice father's day watching it together. Poor guy was not familiar with anything and kept trying to ask questions. I tried initially but after about half way, I was just shhhh!

very enjoyable with the action scenes (though a bladder call made me miss the end of the airport fight and WM's fall), bro humor, and general humor.

my peeve was how the heck did Ross become SecState? How did chasing and never catching the Hulk lead to being our nation's top diplomat? And why would the SecState be hanging out at the Raft?

What easter eggs did I miss besides the Blush truck? I saw the Dean. I'm behind on Peggy Carter and AoS so did not know much there. Were there really nods to the Hulk besides where is he?

The movie seemed to end like Cap and Tony have a grudging respect for each other but after the fight that almost went to the death, I have trouble believing it. There should be more anger and or hate. It was nice to see Natasha flip then simply disappear. Would love to see more Agent 13 as well.

for me, 2nd greatest MCU movie after GotG. I was not a big fan of the Avengers for some of the suspension of belief issues with Iron Man.

Edit- spell check changed bro humor to brother humor and I remember no jive talk (maybe in Luke Cage)
YouBet
AG
quote:
My son said on the way home, "Dad I'm pretty sure that wasn't the real Spider-Man. " I just laughed. He and I haven't made it through Last of the Mohicans yet. Maybe I can get him back on track with a real movie.
Didn't know there were kids who grew up thinking comic book characters were real.
AliasMan02
AG
War Machine's sonic weapon was from Incredible Hulk.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.