CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR SPOILER/DISCUSSION THREAD

72,543 Views | 633 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AliasMan02
TajMaballer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
To avoid spoiling the MCU thread with discussion, let's keep all potential spoilers here.
AgMarauder04
AG
I'll admit I'm wrong, but I'm gonna say no way like cage is in cap3, at least not as this central plot point as insiutated in that tweet.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I'm just trying to think what's more likely. A Bucky typo that was accidentally typed as Luke (the L and B arent close to each other) or the person actually meant Luke and he's in the movie.
SeattleAgJr
Luke is not in this.

There is no reason for Luke to be in this.

Luke is a NY based character (as far as the MCU is concerned). There is no reason for him to be off in any cave or whatever.

Bucky makes since. He would be hiding there after escaping from the Raft.
AgMarauder04
AG
Yeah, I see your point, but Luke Cage has literally zero reason to be in that movie trapped in a cave.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I just checked the guys Twitter and he's a huge troll. Even had a stilt man tweet. I'm now convinced Luke wasn't a typo and this guy is just screwing around.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
I just checked the guys Twitter and he's a huge troll. Even had a stilt man tweet. I'm now convinced Luke wasn't a typo and this guy is just screwing around.

Post that on the other thread and ease litigators mind.
TajMaballer
AG
Review embargo lifted! First 14 have been positive on Rotten Tomatoes. Let's keep all reviews here to avoid the main MCU thread so that no one accidentally spoils the movie for themselves.
Farmer1906
AG
Good call.

15/15 on reviews.

Ill post my thoughts either tonight or tomorrow after seeing it.
emando2000
AG
Why isn't Thor in this?
Andyzipp
AG
quote:
Why isn't Thor in this?
He is off-world.
Farmer1906
AG
We're being let in!
TajMaballer
AG
Got my seat also! Under an hour!
emando2000
AG
How are y'all watching it so early? I didn't think it came out till May.
Farmer1906
AG
Anthony Mackie just sent me a video on Twitter thanking me for joining team cap.
TajMaballer
AG
aggie1906 so graciously posted a link on the main MCU thread for free screenings around the country.
DustysLineup
AG
quote:
aggie1906 so graciously posted a link on the main MCU thread for free screenings around the country.

Darn. I stopped reading mega-threads, but wish I had seen that.
Farmer1906
AG
Holy **** that was awesome.
TajMaballer
AG
I.. I gotta see that again!
Farmer1906
AG
Here are some random thoughts.

Even though it was 2.5 hours, it didn't seem too long. It needed every second on it to tell everyone's story. It seemed like every character was given their moment or two or ten for some characters. The action alone was worth the price of admission, but there is a lot of excellent story too. There was actual conflict of opinion with no wrong side.

The only real beefs I have (very minor) was that the built up for the super winter soldiers wasn't enough and when it came time for the plot twist of them being already dead fell a little flat. I understand why it needed to happen. It wasn't about defeating them. It was about the Civil War. Beef #2, Captain was a little over powered.

Ultimately this is easily one of the best marvel movies. I need see it again to properly rank it (still pretty hype about it), but I think it in my top 3 for sure.
TajMaballer
AG
I really can't wait for this to be released to the public so everyone can see it. This is what I wanted and then some. This movie has me beyond pumped for the rest of Phase 3!

Only had 1 mid credit scene. But it was pretty epic!
Farmer1906
AG
Same here. So I wonder now if Bucky will be in Black Panther.

Also the Empire Strikes Back reference for Giant Ant Man was fantastic. That may have been my favorite part. Hard to remember them all but the one liners and comedy in this was on point throughout.
TajMaballer
AG
I still can't stop thinking about this movie. The more I think about it, the more I like/love it. I'm seeing it again May 5th.

Also, small minor detail that I loved, was the way they established what city they were in. Instead of the corner shot, they made a point to show where they were with the giant font. It grew on me every time.
Farmer1906
AG
Agreed. It needed it too because they were all over the damn world.
Farmer1906
AG
Taj, I am trying remember some details on the end and thinking about how they would move forward. Who was left on Cap's team at the end when he wrote the letter to Tony? Antman, Hawkeye (retired again?), Falcon, and Scarlet Witch. We assume Winter Soldier is gone for a while and Black Panther may be willing to suit up with Cap for a worthy cause.
TajMaballer
AG
They left the teams ambiguous if I remember correctly.. I think Black Widow is just out there? She's potentially on Cap's team. Vision I would think is still with Tony, but he might find Wanda. Spider-Man is more than likely going to continue to work with Stark, when needed.

Everything you laid out makes sense. For Infinity War, who gets the notice that Thanos is coming? Like how do they decide to squash their beef? That will be interesting.
wangus12
AG
Oh look at you special people. Aren't ya'll so cool that you got to see the movie early!
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
They left the teams ambiguous if I remember correctly.. I think Black Widow is just out there? She's potentially on Cap's team. Vision I would think is still with Tony, but he might find Wanda. Spider-Man is more than likely going to continue to work with Stark, when needed.

Everything you laid out makes sense. For Infinity War, who gets the notice that Thanos is coming? Like how do they decide to squash their beef? That will be interesting.
I would think there would be some link from off world so Thor, Hulk, GotG would inform earth. I would think the threat of the end of the world and someone collecting the infinity stones would unite just about anyone.

They kept it death free in the Civil War. The biggest damage was Bucky losing him arm in battle & War Machine taking friendly fire.

The only thing is Iron Man has to get over Winter Soldier killing his folks while being controlled.

Farmer1906
AG
Just wanted to make this prediction. Winter Soldier is getting a Vibranium arm. Not too crazy since he's in Wakanda, but I'm calling it.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
Oh look at you special people. Aren't ya'll so cool that you got to see the movie early!
Pretty much.
wangus12
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
Why isn't Thor in this?
Busy hunting for Queen Theron.
The Shank Ag
The preview plot description makes it sound like a conservative/liberal debate. Please say that feeling is nowhere in the movie
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
pretty sure it is an argument over oversight for "Avengers" or not. People could make that into a big government against small/no but whatever.
AgMarauder04
AG
Only if you feel government control makes it that way. That's really the crux of the disagreement. The big IM/Cap fight is about something more personal.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.