**Daredevil S2, Eps 10-13***

7,995 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Definitely Not A Cop
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
From what i could tell Daredevil seems to be the very first occurrences of magic in the mcu: nobu resurrecting.

Gao did some magical things in Season 1, though far more subtle. And that discounts advanced Asgardian technology, of course.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
Just finished the second season. I have but one question.
What was up with the giant hole in the ground???
We don't know, yet, but I'm guessing it will have to do with accessing the realm where the Hand gets its demonic powers.
I'm fine with that, just feel like they might have at least briefly revisited the fact it was there at some point.

Really enjoyed the season overall, just felt it was bit sloppy with the details in places.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
From what i could tell Daredevil seems to be the very first occurrences of magic in the mcu: nobu resurrecting.

Gao did some magical things in Season 1, though far more subtle. And that discounts advanced Asgardian technology, of course.
Did she? I'm trying to recall, she was a bit mysterious in places but I don't recall anything magical.

Thor was the first example I thought of (technology argument aside), it'll be interesting to see where they take things from here with Dr Strange and Iron Fist entering the universe soon.
rhutton125
AG
Was the hole in the ground just how they dug up the resurrection machine? Or is there something to the hole itself..?
AliasMan02
AG
She speaks all languages, which is consistent with most demonic lore, and managed to disappear at times and is impossibly strong. All subtle things.
maca1028
I'm just getting to ep10 so I haven't read anything on here, trying to avoid spoilers. Love this show it's been a good couple of weeks binge watching s1 and s2 so it's going to suck having to wait for s3.
Is Jessica Jones a good show to fill the void? I haven't heard much about it.
redline248
AG
Yes, Jessica Jones is good, too.
fig96
AG
quote:
Yes, Jessica Jones is good, too.
Seconded, more thriller than superhero but definitely worth the watch.

Will also help familiarize you a bit with Luke Cage for this fall.
bearamedic99
AG
I'm sad they never explained the van outside the Castle residence while Karen was there.

Also, I could not remember the background from season 1 of the costume maker or the Betty that Matt was supposed to be protecting for the Melvin (?) the costume guy. Anyone care to give me a reminder?
West Texan
AG
quote:
I'm sad they never explained the van outside the Castle residence while Karen was there.

Also, I could not remember the background from season 1 of the costume maker or the Betty that Matt was supposed to be protecting for the Melvin (?) the costume guy. Anyone care to give me a reminder?

Melvin Potter is The Gladiator, a sometimes villain/reformed criminal, who in the comics owns a costume shop. Betty is his wife.
ja86
AG
And the van was the blacksmith guys trying to clean up evidence.
rhutton125
AG
quote:
quote:

Melvin Potter is The Gladiator, a sometimes villain/reformed criminal, who in the comics owns a costume shop. Betty is his wife.

Well, in the comics. In season 1, I think Fisk was making Melvin create suits for him by threatening Betsy. Matt promised to protect her and put Fisk away in exchange for Melvin's help.

My guess is, if Melvin ever becomes an antagonist, it'll be because Fisk gets out of prison and kills or hurts Betsy.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
So I was doing a rewatch of this season, and I decided I would read the AV Club reviews, which I have started doing since they generally add a lot of depth to each episode that I sometimes miss (read: I'm dumb and I'm on my phone a lot).

Anyways, holy Hell did they pick the wrong person to review this show. First of all he absolutely hates anything Ninja related, which I can somewhat understand since it's become a trope. However, its Daredevil. It's like if there was a Tolkein TV show and he was complaining that they brought Orcs in suddenly as the big bad guys.

And then, to justify his reasoning for not liking them, he starts making claims that the whole Hand is a racist villain, and that it's the writers trying to spread Yellow Peril on Western Society again. And this is on top of claims that the show didn't do enough to talk about gun violence with the Punisher victims, and somehow they were sexist because they reduced Elektra, one of the only strong women characters to simply a weapon.

Anyways, if you want to laugh at the ridiculousness of it all, here is the link.

http://www.avclub.com/tv/marvels-daredevil/
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Oh, and he posted completely seriously that Jennifer Garner played a better Elektra in some aspects compared to Elodie Yung.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.