*****Official Fear the Walking Dead Season 2 *****

34,991 Views | 364 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Ghost91
Ol Jock 99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Role call:

Johnny Deep cracked up and wondering with a horde

Old Badass went nuts and burned himself up

Strand...in the truck? Or MIA?

Madison and the 2 hot girls are in the truck

Clueless dad and emo gone psycho are in some random Mexican village

Jet chick is MIA but presumably with the spare bad guys.

Yeah, really doubt I'll be returning this fall.
aTmAg
AG
quote:
I didn't like the episode either, but this has to be the worst argument I've seen against it.

What did you want her to do to Johnny Depp? Knock him over the head and throw him in the truck bed?! Dude's mind was made up.
The notion that Johnny Depp would do that is ridiculous in the first place. He said something like, "everything we touch we destroy." What the hell have they destroyed before that episode? They've been on a boat almost the whole damn time. And the other son going all Charles Manson all of the sudden makes no damn sense either.

Both of the son story lines remind me of the similar one in the recent War of the Worlds movie. The scene where Tom Cruise's son has some inexplicable desire to climb up that hill and be a part of the military getting wiped out. As if anybody would really do that (while having no training and wearing jeans and t-shirt). I hate when movies/TV-shows have to make people completely irrational in order to manufacture bogus suspense. It's lazy writing at it's worst.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I don't know if Old Badass burned himself up or not. They made it a point to have Madison see that he wasn't tied up anymore. But between his looney tunes hallucinations, him standing amidst the fire, Ofelia losing her ****, and them all skinning out of there without him, it does seem that maybe he burned himself up. My guess is they'll bring him back, but I won't be watching.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
quote:
Role call:

Johnny Deep cracked up and wondering with a horde

Old Badass went nuts and burned himself up

Strand...in the truck? Or MIA?

Madison and the 2 hot girls are in the truck

Clueless dad and emo gone psycho are in some random Mexican village

Jet chick is MIA but presumably with the spare bad guys.

Yeah, really doubt I'll be returning this fall.

Wasn't Strand driving the truck? To be honest I tuned out when watching the episode. I got bored so I could be wrong
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
I doubt they'd kill off Daniel. He is an absolute fan favorite. Maybe this series' Darryl. He wasn't listed in the 'remembrance' montage on Talking Dead by the way.

And yes, Strand was driving the truck screaming at Madison that they had to leave "NOW". Of course I could see how someone could have missed that with the massive eye rolling taking place......
Objective Aggie
AG
Didn't watch any of season 2. Good call or do you guys advise jumping in? Based on this thread most have found the season frustrating and unrealistic. With characters you could t get behind. Is that right?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Don't watch it. Use your time in a better way.
Ol Jock 99
AG
quote:
Didn't watch any of season 2. Good call or do you guys advise jumping in? Based on this thread most have found the season frustrating and unrealistic. With characters you could t get behind. Is that right?
That is correct. I would not recommend this show to anyone. Which is a shame, because it was a really cool idea.
Bockaneer
AG
so if Daniel is not crispy, does he reunite w Tony and emo? or do he and JD band together??

I have a hard time w Madison leaving JD after having come this far w his drug addiction and whatnot but maybe Celia's last speech got to her (hence feeding her to the zombies) and she's focusing on her daughter. If so she needs to work some wisdom into her.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Who missed it this week??

Me neither.
Mr. White
Hopefully the next series will be called, "We Apologize For Fear the Walking Dead", and it covers society's breakdown a lot more thoroughly.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
quote:
Who missed it this next??

Me neither.
WUT
FightinTexasAg15
AG
quote:
quote:
Who missed it this next??

Me neither.
WUT

I assume auto correct struck and it's supposed to say "who missed it this week"
Ol Jock 99
AG
fail
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
quote:
fail
No worries, Billy Boy, just bustin' your chops.
Ghost91
Coming into the new season, this show was already in danger of being deleted from my auto-record list, but I was holding on because of: Old Badass Daniel, Logical & Efficient Strand, and Starting To Become Cool In His Own Way Nick.

Let's see what has happened with those characters in just the last few episodes:

- Old Badass Daniel - as if someone flicked a lightswitch, he went from being bad ass and practical about the apocalypse to being a giggling/hallucinating waste. And why? No context even provided.

- Logical & Efficient Strand - I was willing to overlook the token Hollywood alternative lifestyle implant because, like Daniel, he was the only other character applying LOGIC and SURVIVAL skills to what was happening around them. Instead of, you know, stopping for every raft filled with 100 refugees since it would be "ZOMG terrible to NOT HELP PEE-PUL!!". But in like two short episodes he's gone from efficient to effeminate, first lounging in bed and blubbering with gay lover and then after finally off'ing him, just staring at the floor while Mexican granny insults & berates him. Again. And again. And AGAIN. This is not the Strand that I came to love (in a not gay way).

- Cool Nick Depp. Dammit dammit, DAMMIT. This character had potential. Went from being incredibly annoying in Forest Gump/Grandpa Clothes mode to suddenly becoming very likable when he decided to be 'above it all' and follow his street smarts to survive the apocalypse. I really liked the team that he and Strand were becoming. But now he's Kooky Quirky Zen Bloodbath Nick, who loves nothing more than to roll in ketchup and go walking with the zombies because.....something.

And on the flip side, we have all of the characters that I hate becoming even MORE hate-worthy:

- Madison. Christ almighty. Do. Not. Want. I love the earlier observation someone made that she always looks like she's smelling farts. Nailed it. God she'd be unbearable to be around for more than 3 minutes in real life. Her mantra can be summed up as "All Yur Barber Shops/Yachts/Mexican Compounds R Belong 2 Me". Walks into every scene/situation trying to take resources away from those who have worked for them for herself and her lazy daughter. Madison definitely would've voted for Bernie if the damn zombie apocalypse hadn't occurred.

- Almost makes me feel sorry for Travis, although I hate him so much for being such a beta-male/California "we can't kill anyone who is trying to hurt us because then we'd be no better than them" hypocrite.

- Emo-Chris. I just don't get him at all. Haven't been able to understand a single one of his behaviors, why he's done what he's done, what has prompted each move, etc. Don't care to waste any more energy trying to figure him out, either. If I was that actor, as I read each script I imagine I'd constantly be asking "but why would I be doing this, this and this?".

- The Two Hot Chicks (Mexican daughter and Madison's daughter). They went from being characters whose hotness made you tolerate their incessant whining and quests for FEELINGS/drama to becoming characters whose hotness made you tolerate their incessant whining and quests for FEELINGS/drama. So I guess I'm still okay with them since we at least get occasional eye candy. However, cost is beginning to exceed reward watching the white one sit on her ass and watch TV, or sit on her ass and play with the ham radio while (almost) everyone else works hard.

I thought this whole thing was supposed to be about what happened while Rick was snoozing over in Ga. and how the U.S. crumbled, etc. What a fantastic waste.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.