***** House of Cards Season 4 *****

8,186 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Sex Panther
P.C. Principal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hits Netflix tonight! Midnight PST

PLEASE label your spoilers.
zgood10
AG
Should be threads for groups of episodes, no?
P.C. Principal
is that what was done in the past?
JAggie2007
AG
quote:
is that what was done in the past?
Yeah its typically been episodes 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-13, for streaming shows that release all at once.
suburban cowboy
AG
I'm good with one thread as long as spoilers are labeled.

Hopefully it rebounds from underwhelming Season 3.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Keeping spoilers off this thread, I'd love to simply see thumbs up or thumbs down from folks who start watching it to let us know if it's worth watching or not.

Last season was just so ... Meh.
InternetFan02
AG
***Potential Spoilers***
Can't believe FU choked that reporter to death in the oval office with his bare hands. That would never happen. And then that other guy starts bragging about his **** size in the debate. Ridiculous.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Ill watch . I guess.
Phat32
HowdyAgs03
AG
Four episodes in...thumbs up. #FU2016
nickstro66
AG
Episode 4....WOW!!!
Smokedraw01
Might be the best season they've written.
zgood10
AG
Season 4 absolutely destroyed S3
aggiepaintrain
AG
might be?
aTmAg
AG
********************** Spoiler for the last several episodes of season ********************

No way in hell would a hostage situation involve president doing negotiations. The White House wouldn't even answer the phone.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I can't believe the criticism this season has gotten. Sure it might have gotten more unrealistic, but it blew last season out of the water. I think critics are stuck in the mindset of comparing this season to season 1, arguably a top 10-20 season all time in TV history, instead of evaluating it just at its face compared to other programs.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
I can't believe the criticism this season has gotten. Sure it might have gotten more unrealistic, but it blew last season out of the water. I think critics are stuck in the mindset of comparing this season to season 1, arguably a top 10-20 season all time in TV history, instead of evaluating it just at its face compared to other programs.
be honest. the "story" is just getting more and more ridiculous/ludicrous as it goes on.

That is not to say I do not love it.

But dude....
Al Bula
AG
Aside from Claire being the VP nominee, I thought the season was awesome but of course you have to suspend belief.
OceanStateAg
AG
With one episode left to go... I am still living the following quote:

"I don't know if you've noticed,but politics is no longer just theater. It's show business." -Francis

Fiction mirroring reality. Also, enjoying Neve Campbell's role.
oldag00
AG
quote:
********************** Spoiler for the last several episodes of season ********************

No way in hell would a hostage situation involve president doing negotiations. The White House wouldn't even answer the phone.

No but it's believable that Underwood would do it in attempt to put one over on Comway.
Ranger222
AG
Just finished the season.

Two completely different halves to the season -- the first six durging along to try and concluded season 3's terrible storyline and then the last set of episodes getting back to what made HoC so great to begin with. It felt like the writers halfway through said "F this!" and went back to what they know.

I will say the last two or three episodes seemed very rushed to try and tie everything together for the final episode. It's like they needed another episode or two to let things play out more.
agfan2013
AG
Finished the season and 4 is definitely better than 3. I ranked them 1,2,4,3 from best to worst.

It was good to see frank and Claire back scheming behind people's backs again and going on the offensive, so much more interesting than watching them be on the defensive the whole time (like all of season 3 and first couple episodes of 4) although I do like where this storyline with the editor is heading.

I'm wondering if season 5 will be the last or not....
jackie childs
man, I loved season 4. what I'm not sure about yet is if season 4 was truly awesome or if season 3 was just so painfully worthless that it makes season 4 seem better.

at any rate, I enjoyed watching house of cards for the first time in a while.
aggie93
AG
quote:
man, I loved season 4. what I'm not sure about yet is if season 4 was truly awesome or if season 3 was just so painfully worthless that it makes season 4 seem better.

The key was having Frank and Claire back working together again which replaced the dynamic of the first 2 seasons. Season 3 seemed to be all about Claire whining that she wanted to have power but then she kept screwing everything up and expecting Frank to clean up her messes. It's far more interesting to see them both working together again because the plots get far more interesting.
jackie childs
quote:
"House of Cards" has promoted two insiders to take the reins as showrunners for season five from creator Beau Willimon.

Melissa James Gibson and Frank Pugliese will serve as co-showrunners on the next season of the Beltway drama, which is expected to bow in 2017. Season four of the series starring Kevin Spacey as a scheming career politician who winds up in the Oval Office bows March 4.

"I welcome Frank and Melissa in their new roles on 'House of Cards' and look forward to collaborating with them and our creative team on season five," said Spacey, who is also an exec producer.

Gibson and Pugliese joined the show, produced by Media Rights Capital, in its third season. Willimon last month announced his decision to exit after running the show for four seasons. That news came at the same time Netflix renewed the drama for a fifth season. The fact that MRC and Netflix did not have successors lined up fueled speculation about behind-the-scenes tension contributing to Willimon's departure.
Link

I don't know anything about these two, but I don't like that they joined for Season 3, which sucked. But apparently one of them worked on "The Americans", which a lot of people like, so hopefully it works out.

jackie childs
quote:
quote:

The key was having Frank and Claire back working together again which replaced the dynamic of the first 2 seasons. Season 3 seemed to be all about Claire whining that she wanted to have power but then she kept screwing everything up and expecting Frank to clean up her messes. It's far more interesting to see them both working together again because the plots get far more interesting.
yep, definitely like seeing Frank and Claire working together. Claire breaking the 4th wall for the first time is hopefully a sign that we'll be seeing even more of it.
Ervin Burrell
AG
I absolutely love HoC and this season was great (I would rank them 1, 4, 3, 2). But, can anyone else absolutely not stand the Tom Yates character? I think the actor portraying him is terrible, so I don't know if that's skewing my view of the character, but any scenes with him in them are cringe-worthy to me.
Buck O Five
AG
quote:
quote:

Agreed, it is avout the unique dynamic of the Underwood's quest for power. Absolutely excellent season. Production values are excellent as well.
Buck O Five
AG
Great job particularly this season with the music and sound editing. It really sets the tone, and is artfully blended for each scene.
Saul Goodman
AG
Just finished the season. I thought it was good - better than last season obviously.

One gripe: Not a big fan of the actor that plays Conway. A weak link, IMO.
coldmoose
Finished season 4. Liked it a whole lot better than season 3.
Al Bula
AG
The guy who plays Hammerschmidt is very good. Even though he was the d ckhead Lt. over Major Crimes in The Wire, he nailed that role also.
CajunAg97
AG
"I am still white trash. I just happen to be white trash that lives in the White House." - FU
Buck O Five
AG
Up there with Season 1 imo.
Phat32
AG
Amazed there wasn't more commentary on this. Great season.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.