Ghostbusters trailer

47,221 Views | 413 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Icecream_Ag
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, the trailer for the new Ghostbusters dropped.

atag
AG
Unlike everyone else I don't hate the all female cast idea....not a fan of the overly cgi ghosts tho. Kind of a turn off.
MSFC Aggie
AG
Don't they usually show some funny bits in trailers?
jbanda
AG
Remind's me of Eddie Murphy's haunted mansion. Will probably check out when it hits on demand.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Don't they usually show some funny bits in trailers?
I thought Melissa McCarthy's character getting *****, I mean Patty slapped was funny.
jackie childs
quote:
Unlike everyone else I don't hate the all female cast idea....not a fan of the overly cgi ghosts tho. Kind of a turn off.
I was never against an all female cast idea, I just have my reservations about this particular female cast.

honestly, the most depressing part of that trailer was that the original ghostbusters was 30 years ago
chipotle
awful
powerbelly
AG

quote:
I was never against an all female cast idea, I just have my reservations about this particular female cast.
R0GUE
AG
I actually had some hopes for this, but that was terrible.

And are they ignoring that the first Ghostbusters ever happened? Otherwise shouldn't this be the Ecto-2?
boogieman
AG
quote:

And are they ignoring that the first Ghostbusters ever happened? Otherwise shouldn't this be the Ecto-2?

Had the same question.

Still...that was just mediocre.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Wow. Didn't smile even once. That looks terrible.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Wow. Didn't smile even once. That looks terrible.
I'll agree that this pretty much killed any hopes I had at this being decent, and just looks flat terrible.
OnlyForNow
AG
I actually thought this might be somewhat good.

It isn't nearly as slap-stick as I thought it might be.
Ag_07
AG
But I bet it will kill at the box office.
MW03
AG
I didn't hate it, but I'm not sure I'll make an appointment to see it.
BlueAg2003
AG
I madly in love with Kate McKinnon, so I'm excited for this one!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That was aggressively mediocre. Nothing remotely funny, amusing, or intriguing in that trailer.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
I'm hoping this is going to be like the first Batman V Superman trailer cause that one gave me no desire to watch that movie...the latest trailer did though....

I hope this is not a trend in Hollywood though....disappoint with your first trailer just to come back with something awesome.
InternetFan02
AG
Very low energy. Surprising and disappointing . It felt like Wiig and McCarthy were mailing in their lines like they're embarrassed to be there.
Joe Exotic
AG
Praying so hard for this to fail
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I'm conflicted after seeing this.

This isn't the Ghostbusters movie that I wanted (still want to see Akroyd's version), but I was never opposed to an all-female crew (and I like all except Leslie Jones).

The ghosts (IMO) look absolutely fantastic. The perfect updating of the original's look & feel. I felt like I was truly watching a Ghostbusters trailer with those effects. However, the jokes just fell flat. As InternetFan02 said, there was very low energy in that trailer.

I'm also very confused as to how this fits into the original. They built the same nuclear accelerators but were surprised when Jones brought them a hearse? Were they not familiar with what the original team drove around in? And couldn't this movie have updated the vehicle used instead of using the same thing?

I'll still see it and take the kids (they loved the first one), but I hope the next trailer is better.

I'm making a plot prediction: Wiig says that someone has built a machine that is amplifying the spectral energy. I'm betting that Raymond Stantz is responsible for it and Akroyd makes a cameo.
merc
AG
Every time Hollywood remakes a favorite movie from childhood.

Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
Every time Hollywood remakes a favorite movie from childhood.

can't wait for the all-female Outsiders remake.
hurleyag
AG
quote:

The ghosts (IMO) look absolutely fantastic.

I agree, until it vomited ectoplasm.

boogieman
AG
I should start raising hell about there not being a Latina Ghostbuster.
MSFC Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:

The ghosts (IMO) look absolutely fantastic.

I agree, until it vomited ectoplasm.

Considering I'm home with 2 kids with the stomach bug, that wasn't very pleasant
Bruce Almighty
AG
I agree with the low energy of the comedy. Everything just felt flat. I don't think it looks awful, but it does look very mediocre. If Ghostbusters never existed and I saw this, I would have no desire to see it unless the reviews for it were fantastic. I'll still give it a shot because its Ghostbusters though.
AliasMan02
AG
I felt like the whole trailer had been slowed down to like 90% speed. Just sluggish.

I'm still super confused as to if this is in the same continuity or not.
Dro07
boogieman
AG
It's a reboot. Which makes the text at the beginning seem more out of place
FWAppraiser
AG
Looks mediocre...at best. Looks like a typical Paul Feig movie inserted into Ghostbusters.

As to the continuity questions: this is a reboot, not a continuation. All of the original cast except for Ramis (dead) and Moranis (retired) are making cameos but not as their original characters.
Sex Panther
AG
I can't get over the fact they made Kate McKinnon look identical to Egon from the cartoon
Dro07
AG
effin terrible!
TCTTS
AG
I was holding out hope and defended the all-female cast idea from the get-go, but I have to admit... this looks pretty bad.
TajMaballer
AG
Trailer looked plain, but I will say I felt the same way after watching the Bridesmaids and Spy trailers.. and I loved both of those movies.

I'm still optimistic.. at the worst, we get some funny Kate McKinnon bits.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.