Leper Messiah or The Thing That Should Not Be?

2,244 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by 62strat
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Which do you prefer?
62strat
AG
Funny, those two were always kind of lumped together in my mind growing up. They are similar to me.
Got to go with thing that should not be. When he gets to the title lyric, that's just so heavy.
Easy 8
The Thing That Should Not Be
E.KingTrill
What about Disposable Heroes?
fretyuioz
Breakdown riff in Leper messiah
Know Your Enemy
AG
What a weird question.
Ser Pounce
Symphony of Destruction
redline248
AG
quote:
What a weird question.

I was trying to think of a way to expand it to make it more interesting, like "which of these less popular songs from a popular album is better," but it didn't really sound good. Sorry.

I didn't include disposable heroes bc I figured most people liked it more than the other 2.
zgood10
AG
Always liked the Thing version from S&M
E.KingTrill
Oh I like both the songs
Whoop04
I haven't listened to either in a long time. I am going to do it now and cast my vote.
Whoop04
I honestly like them equally. I am probably slightly partial to The Thing That Should Not Be, only because it is sandwiched between such amazing songs I listened to it more.

One of my favorite MOP stories is an interview I heard once with Matt Pinfield. He said that when he got the album he refused to listen past Battery b/c has was so blown away by it that he was sure that he would be disappointed. I think that resonated with a lot of us that wore out that cassette.
Counterpoint
AG
I prefer LM. Lyrics of TTSNB don't resonate with me like they did (for some reason) as a teenager.
62strat
AG
As a teenager I can honestly say I didn't know what the hell James was singing about in most of the puppets or justice album. Definitely not LM.
Circus comes to town, you play the lead clown? Wait, is he singing about a state fair? Who cares, proceeds to headbang.

Amazing he was a ripe 22 year old when he wrote MOP album lyrics.
The Debt
Thing.
Tmoneyag99
AG
quote:

The intro is killer. Used to listen to the intro while driving down Welborn on my way to the Rec to get me pumped.
Tmoneyag99
AG
Back to the topic, Leper Messiah is my pick of the two. The first 2 minutes are pretty epic...like the entire album, but we all know MOP is the greatest metal album of all time.
AGnBCS
AG
As a Lovecraft guy

Def. Thing
PatriotAg02
AG
LM for sure. The beat is different and it makes this one unique from other Metallica songs.
PatriotAg02
AG
quote:
quote:

The intro is killer. Used to listen to the intro while driving down Welborn on my way to the Rec to get me pumped.
and THIS. Disposable Heroes is my favorite Metallica song.
62strat
AG
Saw them play DH live as a very impressionable teenager in 94.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.