*****New Music 2016 Q1 Thread*****

17,190 Views | 148 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by MW03
MW03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Offered without comment, other than encouragement to give it a shot...

MW03
AG
New Japandroids! And an excellent James Joyce quote to give the song it's name:

Quote:

"He was alone. He was unheeded, happy, and near to the wild heart of life. He was alone and young and wilful and wild-hearted, alone amid a waste of wild air and brackish waters and the sea harvest of shells and tangle and veiled grey sunlight."

Jim01
AG
Another track off the new Childish Gambino. Sounds great. I'm kind of excited for this album. I thought Because The Internet was a huge letdown after Camp, but so far this new one sounds very promising.

Also, probably on the late show with this one, but I'm not a big rap listener so it took me time to check it out. Chance The Rapper - Coloring Book is really good. Specifically I don't know if I've ever heard a more beautiful "rap" song than "Same Drugs". So good.

Did anyone happen to catch him on his tour? I was watching live clips on YouTube. That show looks WILD with puppets and stuff. Just a crazy good time. Which I would have listened to his album before he came to Houston.
MW03
AG
I spent most of today listening to his album, and it's different for sure. Pretty enjoyable, though. I'm not sure how fans of Camp or Because the Internet will respond, but it suits me fine and I actually like both. Much closer to his mixtape that came out after Internet.

Best song to me is "Stand Tall"

DonaldFDraper
AG
I've been listening most the day today too.

I really like it. It's very much a funk/soul/Prince album.
Jim01
AG
Only got one listen in but enjoyed it. Different but in a good way. Unlike "Because the internet" which was different in a bad way.

Sex Panther
AG
Jim01 said:

Only got one listen in but enjoyed it. Different but in a good way. Unlike "Because the internet" which was different in a bad way.

Got one in as well and completely agree... Really liking it so far. I know a lot of people want him to go back to the Camp/Royalty style, but I tip my hat to him for trying new things artistically.

MW03
AG
Clipped in to Jimmy Kimmel the other night to watch James Vincent McMorrow do one off his new album.

This dude is amazing. He did a folk album. He did an R&B album. He looks kind of like a bearded version of that dude from The Mummy. He sounds kind of like Frank Ocean and Bon Iver together, if you can imagine that. Oh, and he's Irish. Is Indie/Alt R&B a thing? I don't know. Anyway, new album came out in September. Check it out.

Bonus: Cavalier off his last album.
DonaldFDraper
AG
I missed that he released an album this year. Adding it to the list.. Thanks bruh.
MW03
AG
Y'all heard of Ella Vos? Just came across this one, and I can't find anything about her, other than her facebook page. Has kind of a chilled out CVRCHES/Florence and the Machine/TRAP EDM vibe going on. I'm liking it a bit.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.