***Survivor: Kaoh Rong***

58,421 Views | 484 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bulldog73
zap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Starts Wednesday, February 17th.

I've heard there will be a "super idol" that can be played AFTER the votes are cast.

Rudyjax
AG
Something tells me the big dude is a pro athlete.
Rudyjax
AG
That old dude is 72. Incredible shape is he in.
aTmAg
AG
That super idol sounds ridiculous.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
19, straight out of high school, youngest player ever.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Other cast members include:

Barack Obama

72 and former FBI agent

Nice brains.
jetch17
AG
i hope Beastmode Cowboy gets voted off first. that guy is a schlong.
tx1c
AG
I know I'll be watching this season anyway, but I expect quite a let down after last season.
Oh well, they can't always be so interesting.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
jdgilberg
AG
Details on the new idol twist:

http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-kaoh-rong-idol-twist-6555

Also, speculation about another twist in the game (spoiler alert?):

http://insidesurvivor.com/survivor-kaoh-rong-another-twist-7730

zap
AG
Looks like she knitted her own bikini
zap
AG
quote:
HGH...same stuff Stallone uses
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
quote:
HGH...same stuff Stallone uses

Still gotta work hard.
salvatore_ditmars
quote:
i hope Beastmode Cowboy gets voted off first. that guy is a schlong.
oh crap, i forgot about that jackass. he was a tad rapey in big brother.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
As per the last 2 seasons I plan on running our TexAgs Survivor Fantasy Pick'em again this year. I'm considering changing the scoring on the FInal 5 people so that picking the winners gives you more of a bonus than in year's passed. The last two years it's been 1st place - 10 pts, 2nd place - 8; 3rd place - 6 ; 4th place - 4 ; 5th place - 2.

However, last year Jeremy won with all of the votes, which means Spencer and whoever the other person in the final 3 was earned their people 8 points for getting 0 Tribal Council votes.

My two schools of thought on this are: 1st place gets 10, 2nd gets 5, 3rd gets 3, 4th gets 2, 5th gets 1 OR

your pick gets +2 points for every vote they get at the final Tribal. That way if the Final 3 goes 6-2-1 in terms of votes, the winner gets a more accurate bonus based on the dominance of the final vote.

Would love some feedback/suggestions.
AcctAg11
AG
I like the idea of basing it off of votes. Perhaps 1-2 points per vote plus a straight up 3-5 points for the winner? I think there should be SOME reward for picking the winner, but do agree that getting no votes shouldn't be that close to the winner, especially one who took all the votes.
Ronnie
AG
As reigning champion I hereby allow your rule change.

And all of my subsequent posts in this thread will begin with "As reigning champion" as well as end with "thus sayeth the champion"

Thus sayeth the champion.
ChipFTAC01
AG
quote:
As reigning champion I hereby allow your rule change.

And all of my subsequent posts in this thread will begin with "As reigning champion" as well as end with "thus sayeth the champion"

Thus sayeth the champion.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
quote:

Looks like Scott Pollard. Didn't follow him in the NBA, but he was a dbag in college at KU.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:

Looks like Scott Pollard. Didn't follow him in the NBA, but he was a dbag in college at KU.
That's who it is
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
New season starts tomorrow night. After it airs, I'll post the official rules for our third TxAgs Pickem.
BlackLab
AcctAg11
AG
Lol the teams would be just about the same if this had been another season of World's Apart
Bulldog73
AG
Yeah the differences between the two seasons are quite similar.
CheeseSndwch
Does the audio suck for anyone else? I feel like I can barely hear the cast.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Scot Pollard, known more for his facial hair styles than his contribution on the court. But the dude still somehow put together a 10 year career and has a ring, so there's that.
YellowPot_97
AG
I like they have a Brain with the Beauties, a Beauty with the Brawn, and a Brawn with the Brains.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Earlobes wrote down "Allichia"
Quinn
AG
Yep, that's what I told my wife while watching. They should make a three way trade.
BlackLab
AG
Chemist and personal trainer are way too annoying.

And black guy getting voted out for losing a swimming challenge. Like that hasn't happened before.
Rudyjax
AG
Never let the black guy near the water.
AcctAg11
AG
I was wondering why they showed someone asking Darnell "Are you sure?" After he said he could dive. At the time, I thought they were going to make someone out to be a racist or something. Made more sense at the end, realizing it was foreshadowing.

They were foolish to vote him out. Alicia brings a lot less to the team than Darnell does, despite him screwing up the diving part of the challenge. Didn't Alicia get tagged out of the puzzle? How is that any better? Also, the brawn tribe should've not gone for the puzzle...
BlackLab
AG
Quotes from the episode:

"Being an ER doctor, it's going to be difficult for me to not show how smart I am" -- Obama

"Puzzles lay down for me like lovers." -- Annoying Chemist Lady (gross)

"My life has definitely been easier because I am better looking than most people." -- Personal Trainer/Derek Zoolander
BlackLab
AG
quote:
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: The past two seasons have opened with people scrambling for supplies on a boat before having to jump overboard, a nice old-school call back to the original Survivor marooning. Why does this never get old?

JEFF PROBST: It's just such an exciting way to start the game. They've not been able to say a single word up until this moment, so the first "Hello, how are you?" comes in the midst of making some of the biggest decisions they'll make what supplies to take with them? There are chickens running around, people bumping into each other, supplies and people going overboard and rafts floating away. For me, it always takes me back to season 1 when we did this same thing. It was my first real test as a host. We had never done it before and it had to be perfect because there was no going back to do it again. We were so pumped after they all started paddling away and I have that same feeling today. It's the feeling of "Here we go again!"

What exactly is the Survivor protocol for when someone has a bug enter their ear and start rooting around their head? Was the medical department consulted at all when Jennifer was experiencing that massive pain?

Yes, our medical team was aware. They knew she thought she had something in her ear, but as you saw on the show, it was inside her ear canal so there was no easy way to get it out. Had it become a life-threatening situation then she would have been taken out of the game. Our protocol is this: We will not help any player in a way that gives them any kind of an unfair advantage. So if someone is dehydrated, we can't give them electrolytes and an apple. That wouldn't be fair to other contestants. But lancing a boil or giving a contestant some wraps to put on a sunburn is acceptable. In this case I would have said that if they can get the worm out easily to go ahead and do it. Fortunately, that little sucka came out on it's own and of course. we got the shot!

Clearly the heat is going to be a major issue this season. How does that impact the challenges you guys do? Obviously this first one required some big exertion, but did you have to tone down the physicality at all this season due to the extreme conditions?

No. We really can't change our challenges, especially early on. The big tribe challenges take so long to build that even if we wanted to, we wouldn't have enough time to start building a new one. The weather is always a factor in the game this season more than others and it will go down as a very physically demanding season.

There is always so much more at Tribal Council that happens that you don't have time to cram in the episode, so did anything happen in between that first vote (which ended in a tie) and the revote (which sent Darnell home) or was that first tie just to protect against a hidden immunity idol being played?

My hunch is they were pretty sure it was going to be Darnell but they were a bit concerned about an idol so they split the vote. But what's been interesting about Tribal the past several years is that people do change their mind at Tribal, so Darnell and Alecia were smart to fight to stay in because you really never do know what might happen. And we will see some more of that this season. Nobody is ever totally safe at tribal until a torch is snuffed.

Okay, sir, tease us up for next week!

The birth of one of the best and most unlikely bro-mances in Survivor history. How's that?
hurleyag
AG
I think keeping Blondie was a huge mistake. Sure Darnell dropped the goggles and lost them the challenge, but that one mistake won't hurt in future challenges. Blondie is a challenge liability and brings nothing to the game. Well except being the village idiot we can all laugh at. I laughed a good 5 minutes after she claims to be smart and then tried to write her vote with the lid still on the pen!

Side note, how about Anna?! Holy Boobs!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.