Adnan Syed hearing(2/3/2015) - Serial

6,812 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jeffdjohnson
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I don't know what people wanted Christina Guitierrez to do. Build a time machine and tell Adnan not to choke out his ex girlfriend?

How about ask questions that make sense? I wish I could find that question.

How about actually track down a potential alibi witness?

Mikeyshooter
AG
quote:
quote:
So I must either believe in a police conspiracy where they contaminated a murder victim's vehicle/crime scene then pointlessly moved it (a risky move for no reasonable gain). Then coerced Jay into involving himself with a homicide case with no known leverage. Thereby framing Adnan while never actually investigating who the "real killer" was.

I'm not saying this happened during this case, but its definitely possible. Cops do stuff like this all the time where they have a suspect and do everything possible to pin it on him no matter what. Including using witnesses who are known liars.

And wasn't the leverage against Jay the fact that he was a known drug dealer? I assume the jobs threatened jail time.

KDS PR man
Have you read the two letters she sent Adnan? They both sound very suspicious and not once does she give out a specific time. She says things like I can help account for some of your unaccounted time. It wasn't until after the 2nd trial that her and Rabia go to a notoriety and make the 2:36 alibi. The state argued this week that the 2nd letter she wrote was pre-dated and Adnan told her what to write. She writes her first letter in her own handwriting on March 1. On March 2nd she TYPES up a letter that include things that were not disclosed to the defense until much later. Stuff such as fibers and search warrants. In addition, Adnan asked his attys in the Middle of March how mail was screened in Jail. In the police files Adnan's friend told police that Adnan wrote a letter to a girl to type up. The State's theory is she wrote a letter on March 1 but didn't write the 2nd one until much later. These are all facts that a reasonable attorney could see and decide "hey this seems fishy, I will instead focus on how many different stories Jay told police."
KDS PR man
quote:
quote:
quote:
So I must either believe in a police conspiracy where they contaminated a murder victim's vehicle/crime scene then pointlessly moved it (a risky move for no reasonable gain). Then coerced Jay into involving himself with a homicide case with no known leverage. Thereby framing Adnan while never actually investigating who the "real killer" was.

I'm not saying this happened during this case, but its definitely possible. Cops do stuff like this all the time where they have a suspect and do everything possible to pin it on him no matter what. Including using witnesses who are known liars.

And wasn't the leverage against Jay the fact that he was a known drug dealer? I assume the jobs threatened jail time.

What is more plausible. The cops give a small time black drug dealer a sweet deal so they can pin a murder on a honor student, prom king golden child of the community? Jay made the deal thinking he was going to get 3 years in Jail. It wasn't until sentencing that the judge decided to just give him probation. Jay's signed deal stated it would be 3 years in Jail. Jay was not a big time drug dealer at all. What big time drug dealer doesn't own his own car, self phone. Also Jay was always working, sometime 2 jobs. He was small time.
MW03
AG
Old Adnan gets a new trial...

http://www.baltimorecitycourt.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/syedvstateofmdpetitionforpostconvictionrelieforder063016.pdf
TajMaballer
AG
Ole guilty ass Adnan is back at it! Hope we get some more Koenig out of this. Even her trial recaps were better than season 2.
Corporal Punishment
AG
One step closer to going free. Prosecuting this will be a thankless job.
Cancelled
AG
Mail chimp and ****
RebAg13
AG
Dude is guilty
Tobias Funke
AG
quote:
Mail chimp and ****

Mail.... Keemp?
FtBendTxAg
AG
Guilty as ****
amercer
AG
Loved the show. Great drama.

BUT.......

Jay knows what happened. Jay says Adnan did it. There is no plausible motive for Jay to pin it on Adnan.

If Adnan had OJs team he would have never seen the inside of a jail. I'm pretty sure he did it though.
jeffdjohnson
I think this it is a tossup if Adnan is found guilty again. Two main questions. Can they force Jay to testify once more? Seems like he already held up his end of the deal. That would be a miserable experience having to testify again with 100 times the media and Adnan superfans stalking you. I wouldn't do it if I was him. Can they really not use the location of the cell tower pings? As I understand it that was "new" forensics back then, however it is commonly used now. There is no reason that they shouldn't be able to use that data other than an arbitrary note telling them not to.

This glorification of a murderer and attempt to get him out on technicalities is just bizarre to me. On the plus side I don't think Adnan is a threat to society at this point. This was certainly a crime of passion by a spurned teenager. Hopefully he can use the rest of his life speaking out on the dangers of murdering your girlfriend. Or maybe he can go find the "real killer".
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.