***Agent Carter Season 2***

4,855 Views | 80 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by AliasMan02
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Kicked off last night. Agent Carter's adventure in Los Angeles has kicked off. Dottie was back for a bit. Jack Thompson was Jack Thompson. Carter's heart is obviously with Sousa, but things are more complicated now.
Red Five
AG
I liked it a lot. They definitely ramped up the comic relief with Jarvis compared to S1, but it worked for me.

Did the zero matter remind anyone of the gravity thing or whatever it was in the first season of Agents of Shield? It was one of the early episodes.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Yeah it did. That guy from S1 that had the island right? The one that Skye/Daisy infiltrated and ran around in the wet dress in right? I believe the episode title was "The Asset."
jabberwalkie09
AG
Oh and here's hoping for more Sarah Bolger (Violet) and Bridget Regan (Dottie) in future episodes.
redline248
AG
Pretty good kick off. I was also reminded of the gravity thing from Agents, and I thought for a minute it was also similar to the portal stone. Also, the little thing on the lapel pins, did that seem similar to the design on Will's patch?
BigTimeAlum
AG
Yes, they definitely showed that "original" Hydra insignia on the pin and the room over the "council meeting"
BigTimeAlum
AG
Spoilers..........

Marvel confirmed that this is a tie-in with the Doctor Strange movie and this is the Dark Force:

"They stumble upon what people in the Marvel Universe will know as Darkforce, but because they've never seen it before they just name it Zero Matter. That's our tie-in to the Doctor Strange universe and also to [Agents Of] S.H.I.E.L.D. because you've seen it in S.H.I.E.L.D. as well."
TajMaballer
AG
Really wish Netflix would put season 1 up. I remember enjoying it when I was watching it, but don't remember too many details.
Red Five
AG
Hmm, if true maybe we could get a Darkhawk appearance somewhere. He's small enough to not care about saving him for a film, but I loved him back in the 90s and he's made a bit of a comeback a few years ago with War of Kings/Realm of Kings and all that.
Ganondorf
AG
I enjoyed the opener. I feel like Souza will end up not proposing to that nurse.

I like Mr. & Mrs. Jarvis. She's crazy. The cynical in me keeps thinking either Mrs. Jarvis or Souza's nurse will be Hydra or Russian. I'd rather that not happen but it seems likely.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well, if ratings hold to what the premier was then this might be the last season. First hour was a 1.0 and the second was .9. I'm not even sure that AOS at its lowest has been that low.
Ganondorf
AG
I hate Nielsen ratings. They rate the stuff I watch low.
techno-ag
AG
Enjoyed the start of Season 1 better. Hoping it grows on me. Enjoyed seeing the "witch" (fellow time traveler) from Outlander as Jarvis' wife.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Hate to see the ratings are low. I think they do a fantastic job with this show. Is it just me, or did they not promote season 2 as much as they promoted season 1?
Arkyd
AG
Do Nielsen ratings paint an accurate picture these days? Do they count streaming services (e.g. Hulu) and dvr and the like?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Do Nielsen ratings paint an accurate picture these days? Do they count streaming services (e.g. Hulu) and dvr and the like?
Don't think streaming devices are, but DVR is. DVR is counted same day if it is viewed within one hour of the original scheduled program I believe. Also, remember that ratings can be adjusted up or down three days after airing I believe.
Saxsoon
AG
Great start to the season and apparently there is a tie in to Doctor Strange!
redline248
AG
You do an awful lot of posting without reading the threads, don't you?
TexasAggie_02
AG
Great start. Definitely looks like gravitonium.
Duncan Idaho
8t is good to see some diversity in the love interest of the lead character /Redstone

Or

Typical liberal trash! A mixed race couple ! Just shoes where this country is headed./politics board
R0GUE
AG
I actually thought that was really cool, Peggy would definitely be the one to be able to identify with a black scientist, having been looked down upon as a female agent. I hope he's not actually dead.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
I actually thought that was really cool, Peggy would definitely be the one to be able to identify with a black scientist, having been looked down upon as a female agent. I hope he's not actually dead.

Agree. Imo, there's a lot more to explore there in how the history of American race relations would play out in this type of superhero universe. I hope they don't entirely drop it.
techno-ag
AG
quote:
quote:

Agree. Imo, there's a lot more to explore there in how the history of American race relations would play out in this type of superhero universe. I hope they don't entirely drop it.
Every superhero show has/had an interracial relationship these days, it seems. Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Agent Carter, etc.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Every superhero show has/had an interracial relationship these days, it seems. Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Agent Carter, etc.

The difference here is instead of the modern world (where presumably you'd hope it would be no big deal) it's set just after WWII, so it would be met with a lot more disapproval. I thought the one scene with the hotel owner showcased that pretty well. Also apparently Peggy Carter had the first interracial kiss ever in a comic, so it's faithful to the comics.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

The difference here is instead of the modern world (where presumably you'd hope it would be no big deal) it's set just after WWII, so it would be met with a lot more disapproval. I thought the one scene with the hotel owner showcased that pretty well. Also apparently Peggy Carter had the first interracial kiss ever in a comic, so it's faithful to the comics.

Cool to know about the first interracial comic kiss. And yeah, rogue's got my point that exploring 1940s race relations through this super hero show would be interesting. I'm not saying it should be what the show is about, but poking into it every now and again would be neat.
Duncan Idaho
Fwiw, I was just a standard /Redstone post and making fun of a recent thread on the politics board where a guy was bemoaning the death if America because he went to Disneyland and he saw a bunch on "mixed race couples "

R0GUE
AG
quote:
Fwiw, I was just a standard /Redstone post and making fun of a recent thread on the politics board where a guy was bemoaning the death if America because he went to Disneyland and he saw a bunch on "mixed race couples "

It sickens me that there are Aggies who believe that. I hope he graduated in like 1952 at least.
Red Five
AG
Did Howard Stark have a stained-glass window of an Arc Reactor in his house? Anyone catch that?

Also, brilliant line from Jarvis about the security system- "I have no intention of spending the rest of time as disembodied voice."
redline248
AG
Also Peggy telling Stark a movie based on a comic book sounds dreadful.
AliasMan02
AG
That dress that Haley was wearing at the Arena Club. Mercy!
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
That dress that Haley was wearing at the Arena Club. Mercy!
Is that ep 2 or 3? I'm still catching up.
AliasMan02
AG
Ep 2. Her crawling around was the highlight.
MooreTrucker
AG
Oooo, then I have that to look forward to!
AliasMan02
AG
The wife came home a bit ago and I rewound to that scene and instructed her to buy a dress with that neckline.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
The wife came home a bit ago and I rewound to that scene and instructed her to buy a dress with that neckline.
That's what you call a "strategically placed" flower.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.