Independence Day Resurgence

35,239 Views | 298 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by West Point Aggie
hunter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trailer just dropped.

Looks like they fully reverse engineered the alien tech and are going full scifi for this one.
TCTTS
AG
Wow. This looks way more serious than I was expecting. In a good way. I think. The odds are definitely stacked against this being a truly great movie, but this trailer does at least give me a glimmer a hope. At the very least, yeah, I love that they're going full-on sci-fi. Wish they were able to get Will Smith back, though. How cool would it be if he has a secret cameo at the end, leading into the third one (which is rumored, should this one be massive success)?
TCTTS
AG
Official YouTube link...

hunter2012
AG
quote:
Wow. This looks way more serious than I was expecting. In a good way. I think. The odds are definitely stacked against this being a truly great movie, but this trailer does at least give me a glimmer a hope. At the very least, yeah, I love that they're going full-on sci-fi. Wish they were able to get Will Smith back, though. How cool would it be if he has a secret cameo at the end, leading into the third one (which is rumored, should this one be massive success)?

The typical trilogy could work here, the iconic movie, the dark bittersweet sequel, and the epic conclusion.

From the trailer it looks like they are facing a overwhelming force, assuming the aliens put up a digital firewall it sets up for a 3rd insurgency type movie. I do like the vibe of the trailer and the overall universe 20 years later.
hunter2012
AG
Updated OP, thanks for the link.
chipotle
They can have my 10 dollars.
Al Bula
AG
I am more excited about this than Star Wars!
mrsbeer05
AG
quote:
They can have my 10 dollars.
+ the 40 for the sitter. I haven't been excited about a summer movie for a while, and this has definite potential.
Saxsoon
AG
That trailer dropped and so did my jaw. So hyped and I wasn't expecting much from this.
Saxsoon
AG
I got chills when Bill Pullman's voice over from the speech came up.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Popcorn ready!
TCTTS
AG
http://www.warof1996.com

Simplebay
AG
That was a good nearly great trailer. Is it just because I thought this would be a load of crap and my expectations were tempered?
Vander
AG
Sounds like they are going with the whole the original force was just a colonization/mining force and had zero military grade tech. This time they have sent military grade warships and technology.

They really managed to capture the feeling of hopelessness in the trailer. This movie actually looks quite good and could be the start of a new major franchise. There is so much they could do with this one especially now that it's gone full scifi. I wonder if they will keep the whole slower than light travel aspect versus using FTL tech. Either way I'm definitely looking forward to this one a hell of a lot more than I was previously.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Will Smith is dead?!
hunter2012
AG
quote:

Awesome website, I love how they match the speech with the timeline, great balance between chilling and inspiring.
zgood10
AG
That's a great website
jeffk
AG
quote:
Will Smith is dead?!

Who cares about him as long as their lab is still alive?!?!
phatpat21
Looks awesome!
Dro07
AG
quote:

I think they will use this as a "cover up" and he is really on a secret mission.
The Collective
AG
Very excited for this trailer... I'm going to hold out in hopes that I can watch it on Thursday night for the first time.
TCTTS
AG
Exactly what I was thinking. No way he's really dead.
superunknown
AG
Did I detect a little nod to Locutus knowing the Borg's thoughts when they showed an older Pullman saying "they're coming back" or am I just too big of a dork?
AgLiving06
quote:
I got chills when Bill Pullman's voice over from the speech came up.

loved this speech as a kid.
Ragoo
AG
Awesome
Dallasag02
AG
No doubt the aliens came back with a Mac OS this time.
toucan82
I can only imagine how ridiculous Twitter would be if this really happened
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I wasn't expecting anything from this movie before, but I'm intrigued now. Very nice trailer.
Sex Panther
AG
I was at a Buffalo Wild Wings watching the Browns today and this trailer came on complete with sound. The whole place got quiet and watched it, then started getting rowdy... It was pretty damn cool. Never seen anything like that.

Also, I can't remember the last time a trailer dropped on tv that totally caught me off guard. Usually I know about them or have already seen them well before that happens. I felt like a kid again, sitting in the previews at the movies excited because I didn't know what to expect.
phatpat21
Agreed 100%
It caught me totally off guard and it was awesome
Zip 88
quote:
quote:

I think they will use this as a "cover up" and he is really on a secret mission.

IMDB says that he wanted some ridiculous paycheck, so he was written out.
Chipotlemonger
AG
That's such a damn shame, if true. He already gets what, $50MM average per film?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
Agreed 100%
It caught me totally off guard and it was awesome
Same.

I knew they were making the film, but I had no clue it was set for release this coming up summer. I figured it'd be out in 2017. I haven't heard anything about filming; no pictures from the set, no twitter comments from the actors....nothing.

Then.........POW! Trailer.

And it's a better trailer than BvS.
chipotle
don't need him or his kids in the film
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Will Smith is dead?!
He only got promoted from captain to colonel? A guy saves the human race and doesn't get to be a general?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.