*****SHOW ONLY Game of Thrones Season 6*****

159,910 Views | 1081 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TXAGFAN
FancyKetchup14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Refresh my memory - where did Zombie Mountain come from/ what episode was he introduced? Is he really related to The Mountain?
Zombie Mountain was introduced in the finale of Season 5. He's a reincarnation of the Mountain by Maester Qyburn.
Stive
AG
quote:
Who was Meera talking to? I don't remember that character that was off in the snow.

Two years ago when Bran and Hodor made it to the tree several of the little skeleton figures came out of the snow and attacked them as they were approaching. That chick (or one like her) came out of the tree/cave and hurled fire bombs at the skeletons allowing the girl, Bran, and Hodor to make it into the cave.
Gerald Tarrant
quote:
quote:
Refresh my memory - where did Zombie Mountain come from/ what episode was he introduced? Is he really related to The Mountain?
Zombie Mountain was introduced in the finale of Season 5. He's a reincarnation of the Mountain by Maester Qyburn.
minor note on that - and this was addressed a few times in the show through Pycelle's disdain - Qybrun is a former maester who was kicked out of the order, specifically because of his experiments with death/dying. so this doesn't seem to be something that's particularly kosher
Dave Robicheaux
AG
I think we are gonna see some Ramsey **** with the new ironborn regime
Trident 88
AG
quote:
I knew resurrection was coming, one way or another. I did not expect this mound of man to bash in brains randomly. When Jon came back, I said "there it is." During the Mountain scene, I yelled "holy ****." Troll and his rag doll takes consolation prize for me.

I realize and accept I am not some sort of cerebral consumer of GoT.
Sure, we all "knew" that Jon would come back to life, which meant we expected it and were going to be impatient for it to happen or pissed off if it didn't happen. Frankly, I'm very happy that I won't have to read the countless posts of people pissing and moaning for weeks on end that it hasn't happened yet.

And, why the heck wouldn't you expect the resurrected Mountain to bash in brains randomly? If there's anything about this character that indicates he's probably a reasonable guy, I haven't noticed it, yet. Frankly, the only hole in this episode is how the Mountain managed to hear what that guy was saying about Cersei. Why was he even there? It seems pretty clear that he hasn't been let loose to roam freely around King's Landing.
ja86
AG
No zombie John needs to skin ramsey for what he did to sansa.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
PatAg
AG
quote:

gay
PatAg
AG
quote:
quote:

gay
not that there's anything wrong with that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You're not the minority, you're the only one. If you didn't see this coming you haven't been paying attention.
chipotle
Ha...mostly dead. I knew it.

/toBlave
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/05/01/game-thrones-jon-snow-harington-alive
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Ha...mostly dead. I knew it.

/toBlave
"Which we all knows means to bluff, he must've been cheating a cards or something...."
mikefromdilley
AG
quote:
You're not the minority, you're the only one. If you didn't see this coming you haven't been paying attention.

Of course I saw it coming. And so did everyone else. But for some reason people are still acting like this is the most awesome, shocking thing ever. In my post, I noted that the writers were handholding the audience to get to this point. I was holding out a glimmer of hope that they were doing it intentionally to buck the obvious storyline for the alternative and kill him off for good. That didn't happen and perhaps that's why I don't like it.

Oh well, I'll get over it.
mikefromdilley
AG
quote:
I doubt anyone's shocked, people are just happy to see him back.

But you're suggesting you'd rather he stay dead because the opposite is "predictable"?

There have been clues throughout the series that Jon Snow is Azor Ahai, they've purposely kept his lineage mysterious, (and everyone knows the theory), but you'd rather that all have been for naught?

You'll have to clarify otherwise.

I would rather us not know definitively that his character (or any character, really) is untouchable. I think that uncertainty makes it more fun. Bringing him back from the dead removes all doubt that he's here to stay to the very end.
LHIOB
AG
I want Sir Allister to be the voice on my GPS
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Still not getting your point. You want him to stay dead to show that he isn't untouchable. But that undermines all of the groundwork that's been laid throughout the series.

I think the show (and GRRM) have done more than enough to show us that no one is truly untouchable. Hell, Jon could die again before the show is over.
chipotle
quote:
I want Sir Allister to be the voice on my GPS

Or hodor
Hodor
AG
quote:
Hodor is back
mikefromdilley
AG
quote:
Still not getting your point. You want him to stay dead to show that he isn't untouchable. But that undermines all of the groundwork that's been laid throughout the series.

I think the show (and GRRM) have done more than enough to show us that no one is truly untouchable. Hell, Jon could die again before the show is over.

I guess I just didn't like the storyline being so obvious to where everyone's already repeating it as fact. It's kinda hard to explain. I'm not throwing in the towel, by any means. I'm sure the books may (and probably will) do more justice to the events that just transpired. FWIW, I don't think the average show watcher would even be able to explain Azor Ahai. That's more of a hardcore watcher/book reader nugget. And then there's David & Dan's repeated story about answering to GRRM who Jon Snow's mother really is. The fact that they've repeated that story in interviews makes that fact ber important to the overal story arc. I get what you're saying about undermining groundwork, but this wouldn't be the first time a character had big plans foiled by death (Robb Stark, Renly, Roose, Quentyn Martell in the books, etc).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I wonder if the sacrifice of Shireen will prove to have played a factor in Jon's resurrection.
easttexasaggie04
AG
So the dragons are unchained but still locked in the pyramid? What good did that do?
mikefromdilley
AG
quote:
So the dragons are unchained but still locked in the pyramid? What good did that do?

They left the door open so they could go out and range. Mentioned it before they went down there that the Targaryen Dragons would range up to 100 miles out back at their peak.
dave94
AG
quote:

I'm assuming they opened the large doors that they used to get the dragons there in the first place.

The way that Tyrion and Varys entered was a man door, right?
combat wombat™
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm going to be in the extreme minority on this but I'm disappointed they chose to bring him back. Like severely disappointed.

I agree, it is extremely disappointing. I don't know if his character is poorly acted, poorly written, or both, but I find Jon Snow very irritating. There's not really any admirable or even interesting qualities to Jon's character.

I'd love to see Jon become Reek II, but I doubt the show will give us that satisfaction.

So yeah, I just think Jon Snow is a sorry mother****er.
You think Ramsay's awesome, don't you?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

You know nothing.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm going to be in the extreme minority on this but I'm disappointed they chose to bring him back. Like severely disappointed.

I agree, it is extremely disappointing. I don't know if his character is poorly acted, poorly written, or both, but I find Jon Snow very irritating. There's not really any admirable or even interesting qualities to Jon's character.

I'd love to see Jon become Reek II, but I doubt the show will give us that satisfaction.

Gregg Papivich
quote:
quote:

Obvious troll is obvious
Madmarttigan
AG
I don't know how you could watch this show and just expect him to come back. The fact that they didn't **** on our hopes and dreams actually goes against everything we've had to endure for 5 seasons. Bringing him back is more out of character than keeping him dead.

People should be excited because very few good things happen.
Bregxit
AG
What if it was the Night King that raised him?
InternetFan02
AG
BoxingAg84
During Bran's flashback did anyone else notice young Ser Roderick Cassell teaching young Ned Stark how to fight? Those sideburns are a dead giveaway.

TX_AG_10
AG
quote:

Definitely agree with this. I can see the new writers trying their best GRRM and makeing us think Jon Snow is invincible but then they take him out for good sometime later in the season. Hope not! I'm excited he's back! Can't wait for next episode!
hunter2012
AG
Also in the preview trailer, the Umbers show up with "a gift". Their castle, "the Last Hearth" is where Rickon and Osha were headed at the end of season 3.

Does not bode well...
CheeseSndwch
quote:
I'm going to be in the extreme minority on this but I'm disappointed they chose to bring him back. Like severely disappointed. I hate that there is now a character who is untouchable in a show that is known for main characters fearing for their lives with every waking moment.

The lead-up from last week to now was so much story hand-holding. They just erased one of the most shocking moments from the end of last season and replaced it with the most predictable one. Hell, people called it before the credits even started rolling in last season's finale.

And why Melisandre? A Red Priestess with a history of being wrong and clumsy with her visions and prophecies was the one to revive him? When Thoros brought back Beric Dondarrion, it was the most incredible feat and took insane amounts of power and faith. At least they made it seem that way. Even Melisandre was in awe and disbelief. If it had been Thoros who did it, I might have been able to accept it a bit more easily. Melisandre has never even remotely had that kind of power and all of a sudden she does? I just don't get it.

Again, I realize I'm going to be in the extreme minority here, and I'm not trying really hard not to be a wet blanket, but I do love the books and story and I just needed to vent.
We have already seen resurrection used by the Brotherhood Without Banners so it's not like last night was without precedent.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.