*****SHOW ONLY Game of Thrones Season 6*****

159,923 Views | 1081 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TXAGFAN
Sentinel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wake up? No one woke up.
TheCougarHunter
AG
Hodor is back
boboguitar
AG
Okay, so bran is going to learn about the tower of joy and fill in Jon which means R + L = J.
lne2011
AG
quote:
So who killed Balon Greyjoy? Any ideas?
Careful, it's in the books.
DustysLineup
AG
quote:
So who killed Balon Greyjoy? Any ideas?
His crazy brother, judging by the dialogue.
Roland Schitt
AG
quote:
Hodor is back
Whatchyou talkinbout, WILLIS!
FancyKetchup14
AG
His brother.
Scotch
AG
quote:
quote:
And to the surprise of no one...

Still nice tho

Well, I was surprised that they didn't wait until he burned and rose like a phoenix from the ashes.

I think you mean rising like a Phoenix from Arizona.
Rocagnante
AG
quote:
I ****ing hate Ramsay.

I hope he meets a gruesome ending.
CheeseSndwch
I thought for sure they were going to drag out Jon Snow's resurrection for at least another episode.
FancyKetchup14
AG
That was just an awesome moment in TV history. They're doing a great job of moving things along this season.
BBQ4Me
AG
My apologies if this has already been discussed:

How come Jaime and Cersai haven't wiped out the Sparrows/religious zealots? They have the Lannister army, Kingsguard, and ZombieMountain. It should be no contest.
h1ag
AG
I'd say the jury is still out. Last episode did a good job of laying a foundation without much actually happening. This episode, on the other hand, had huge moments left and right. I understand the need to flesh out some of the more tangential story lines, but as a fickle viewer, I prefer seeing **** going down every single week.

I, for one, am looking forward to zombie Mountain continuing to wreck shop. Alleyway head bash was the highlight of the episode for me. Only logical conclusion is the High Sparrow getting ripped in half by season's end.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:

How come Jaime and Cersai haven't wiped out the Sparrows/religious zealots? They have the Lannister army, Kingsguard, and ZombieMountain. It should be no contest.

well....Cersei only has Zombie Mountain and only recently...Tommen has the others and you can see he has been reluctant to act....at least prior to now. I think he just kinda became what Cersei wanted him to be tonight...you may get your wish now as he may in fact do just that for her now.

Trident 88
AG
quote:

I think we're supposed to assume that the Sparrows are a much, much larger army.
CheeseSndwch
So who are the random women at the Three Eyed Raven Tree? Also, I am not sure if it was implied but were they actually the ravens just in human form? Kind of came out of nowhere for me.
lne2011
AG
quote:
So who are the random women at the Three Eyed Raven Tree? Also, I am not sure if it was implied but were they actually the ravens just in human form? Kind of came out of nowhere for me.
Children of the forest.
ja86
AG
They are not an army, they are a mob. And when the lannisters decide to act, the high sparrow gets ripped in half.
Trident 88
AG
quote:
Alleyway head bash was the highlight of the episode for me.

WTF? Bigger than Jon being resurrected? I assure you that you are one of a very, very small minority.
AgLaw02
AG
It's not just that the faith has an armed force, it's that they have the people's support. Imagine a medieval king wanting to overthrow the Pope. He might have the military might, but the political consequences are insurmountable.
Trident 88
AG
quote:
They are not an army, they are a mob. And when the lannisters decide to act, the high sparrow gets ripped in half.

Sure. I didn't mean to imply that the Sparrows have been drilling and practicing their MOUT tactics. Just that perhaps they are swinging a lot more weapons.
La Bamba
AG
Is it bad that I now hope Jon sends the direwolf on that annoying little night watch Irish kid? And then on Allister of course? Annoying little brat...

Also, the only thing that bothered me about this episode was how easy the change of power happens at certain houses. I mean, Roose Bolton stabbed and no one is going to have a problem with that? Or even suspect Ramsay? The whole Bolton army, generals, commanders, "well I guess he's poisoned now. Ramsay won't let us see the body so guess we'll just take his honest word for it and make him HNIC. Same thing with the Greyjoy...the old man was obviously murdered and no one is going to question the mysterious return of his brother?
ja86
AG
quote:
It's not just that the faith has an armed force, it's that they have the people's support. Imagine a medieval king wanting to overthrow the Pope. He might have the military might, but the political consequences are insurmountable.

Very good point.
Cromagnum
AG
Zombie Mountain smashing that dudes face was pretty cool, but he aint got **** on the giant who hulk smashed the random knights watch archer into the wall.
Cromagnum
AG
And i had to completely overlook old witch titties last week because Melisandre was rocking that hot bod again today. Nicest chest on the show.
h1ag
AG
I knew resurrection was coming, one way or another. I did not expect this mound of man to bash in brains randomly. When Jon came back, I said "there it is." During the Mountain scene, I yelled "holy ****." Troll and his rag doll takes consolation prize for me.

I realize and accept I am not some sort of cerebral consumer of GoT.
mikefromdilley
AG
I'm going to be in the extreme minority on this but I'm disappointed they chose to bring him back. Like severely disappointed. I hate that there is now a character who is untouchable in a show that is known for main characters fearing for their lives with every waking moment.

The lead-up from last week to now was so much story hand-holding. They just erased one of the most shocking moments from the end of last season and replaced it with the most predictable one. Hell, people called it before the credits even started rolling in last season's finale.

And why Melisandre? A Red Priestess with a history of being wrong and clumsy with her visions and prophecies was the one to revive him? When Thoros brought back Beric Dondarrion, it was the most incredible feat and took insane amounts of power and faith. At least they made it seem that way. Even Melisandre was in awe and disbelief. If it had been Thoros who did it, I might have been able to accept it a bit more easily. Melisandre has never even remotely had that kind of power and all of a sudden she does? I just don't get it.

Again, I realize I'm going to be in the extreme minority here, and I'm not trying really hard not to be a wet blanket, but I do love the books and story and I just needed to vent.
Joan Wilder
AG
I thought Mellisandre would burn the bloody rags and it would do something crazy ala king's blood.

I'm ready for stupid Kenard/Ollie to get his at the wall.

Bran's flashbacks of young Ned and Lyanna are interesting.
Big Al 1992
AG
Refresh my memory - where did Zombie Mountain come from/ what episode was he introduced? Is he really related to The Mountain?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I'm not sure if the rest of the Geyjoys realize the brother is back. He wasn't at the funeral, correct?
h1ag
AG
After the fight with Oberon, one of the Maesters took him into a dungeon and started pumping him full of something. Kept telling everyone to come back later. Then the current incarnation rose to life.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Who was Meera talking to? I don't remember that character that was off in the snow.
mikefromdilley
AG
quote:
Refresh my memory - where did Zombie Mountain come from/ what episode was he introduced? Is he really related to The Mountain?

He is the biological result of human experiments by (former) Maester Qyburn. The Mountain was poisoned by Oberon's spear in the trial by combat and left almost dead. They took his body to Qyburn's chambers where he kept him alive and used dark magic and potions to "revive" him into what you see today.

Keep in mind, Qyburn was ousted from the Citadel and Maestership for conducting unapproved experiments on humans.
mikefromdilley
AG
quote:
Who was Meera talking to? I don't remember that character that was off in the snow.

Pretty sure that was supposed to be a generic Child of the Forest. They live underground with the Three-Eyed Raven.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:

Pretty sure that was supposed to be a generic Child of the Forest. They live underground with the Three-Eyed Raven.
Thanks.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.