is Kraus supposed to be a scary comedy or just a horror?

2,547 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by TheEyeGuy
bearamedic99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trailers don't always represent the movie well and I cannot see this cast and not expect comedy
Sex Panther
AG
Same team behind Trick r' Treat so I expect it to be a lot like that. Probably not a comedy, but a 'fun' horror movie.
FHKChE07
AG
Krampus is based upon a European story meant to scare kids in to being good. It is not likely that the movie will be proper horror.
bearamedic99
AG
thank you for not mocking my phone's spell corrections
Run N Shoot
AG
My son has been obsessed with seeing this one once he saw the trailer. It looks like it leans more on the horror side but I would not be shocked to see some humor mixed in.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Can't wait for this one
Saxsoon
AG
Just look at the actors in it, those are typically comedy actors, not straight up horror. I expect a good mix.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Just look at the actors in it, those are typically comedy actors, not straight up horror. I expect a good mix.

This is my thought
nai06
AG
Now seems like a great time to mention Rare Exports. If krampus movies are you thing it's worth checking out
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Adam Scott doesn't strike me as someone who would typically do some random horror movie, so I've been expecting/hoping that this will have some cult comedy value.
Sex Panther
AG
Just noticed this is PG-13... that's disappointing
M.C. Swag
AG
I know! I was super amped to see this until I saw the rating. I thought it was going to be in the same vein as Cabin in the Woods; outlandish, fun, horror. But Pg-13 definitely dampens my excitement
mhayden
nm
Sex Panther
AG
Saw it and enjoyed it a lot. It's ridiculous, not really scary at all and had plenty of laughs. It's a really fun movie, although I can see plenty of people thinking it's just dumb.

If you liked Trick r Treat then you will definitely like this. They are very similar in tone and style... I also really enjoyed how it relied primarily on practical effects rather than cgi.

The movie I'd compare it most to is Gremlins.
Saxsoon
AG
The opening intro with Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas to the montage of people killing each other over stuff on Black Friday was great.

It was more serious than I thought it would be in the second half but the first half was some great laughs. Also the ending was really dark.

I liked it a lot
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
The movie I'd compare it most to is Gremlins.
Gremlins.

The movie that showed you can be funny, dark as hell, goofy and scary......and still be PG-13 (technically PG, but it was in large part because of this movie that we even have PG-13).
The Collective
AG
Spike scared the **** out of me when I was little.
FtBendTxAg
AG
****in spike man
M.C. Swag
AG
nm
BQCadet
AG
Who is Spike? If we are talking Grenlins, wasn't the main Gremlin named Stripe? After the white stripe down his head?
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Who is Spike? If we are talking Grenlins, wasn't the main Gremlin named Stripe? After the white stripe down his head?

How about that... I always assumed it was Spike, but after doing a quick search, I can confirm it is indeed Stripe.

They are making a new Gremlins by the way. And not a reboot.
The Collective
AG
Mind blown. I've remembered his name as Spike all of these years. I believe I only saw the movie once...
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
****in spike man
Our dogs are named after the gremlins movies... Gizmo and Mogwai
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.