Pixar's Good Dinosaur

2,580 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Farmer1906
technoengr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The kiddo and I have tix tomorrow while the wife fights through Black Friday crowds. Anyone seen this yet?
Thomas Ford 91
AG
Wife and kids just returned....
4 year old - a little scary but cool
7 year old - horror
2 year child - ummm, good. A big big tv, daddy
Mom - okay, i just dont like kid movies
Grandma - not your typical Disney movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Is it me or did this movie have extremely low-key marketing, especially for a Pixar movie?
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Is it me or did this movie have extremely low-key marketing, especially for a Pixar movie?

Def seems that way to me as well... I thought it was coming out like next Summer. Pretty surprised it's this weekend.
Beckdiesel03
AG
My 4 yo is pumped to see it. I just can't get excited even though I tend to like movies my kids enjoy. Just seems blah to me from previews.
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
I was lukewarm on excitement level for this, but was pleasantly surprised.
The little human boy was awesome -- lots of laugh out loud moments he provided.
They found a way to mix in some western themes, which I'm a sucker for.
CGI mixed with lifelike background and terrain was a nice visual touch.
Gonna be a big hit.

Suspension of belief required (dinosaurs and humans, dinosaurs smarter than humans with ability to speak, etc).

When/if you see 'The Good Dinosaur' -- one of my favorite characters/scenes was the quirky rhinotype dino with all of his friends sitting on him with their ferocious and intimidating names.

And unrelated, when 'Secret Life of Pets" comes out, the money is gonna roll in for that one -- gonna be one of the top grossing movies of the year.

technoengr
AG
So my 7yo really liked it. I loved the backgrounds/scenery throughout the movie but the characters had almost no personality compared to other Pixar movies. Not one of Pixar's best.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
And unrelated, when 'Secret Life of Pets" comes out, the money is gonna roll in for that one -- gonna be one of the top grossing movies of the year.
I've got a feeling that "Zootopia" makes more than that one. Just a hunch.
birdman
Saw it with 5 kids from age 6 to 13. They all seemed to enjoy it. It's a good movie, but nothing special.

Nowhere near the caliber of Toy Story or Inside Out. Characters and story were just okay.

Movie was beautiful though.
p-townag
AG
Agree with above. The CGI of the environment is next level good. Amazingly photo realistic.

The story, however, is paper thin and something we've seen a dozen times before. Characters are good but definitely not great.

7/10 but not Pixar's best.
schmendeler
AG
An enjoyable movie suitable for kids. Not great. Well below the best of pixar's stuff.
AgsMnn
AG
Going to take my son to it. Don't care if it is good. He loves dinosaurs and he loves movie theaters. We both will enjoy it. Can't wait to see it. When he sees the previews, he gets excited. He is 4 and loves all the dinosaur movies. Loved JW.
So, next week we might go see it.
schmendeler
AG
Yeah, my four year old enjoyed it. He was impatient for the t rex though.
Ambres
AG
Took my 14, 13 and 8 year old and they liked it. It was more kid centric then adult but still had some serious adult material. I felt I was watching a bad Land before Time but my kids liked it .. so they meet their target audience?

Littlefoot = Arlo
Sharptooth = Butch..
Pety = Thunderclap
Sara = Forrest Woodbush (ok so he is not a Tricerotop.. close enough)

no Spike or Ducky

Loved that the Raptor actually looked like Raptors.

Beckdiesel03
AG
Okay went today-3D. 4 yo son loved it. He did put his dad's hands over his eyes at one point during the end which surprised me. I liked it but not love. I even liked it more than Inside Out. Doesn't even compare to Cars or Nemo or a few others for me. Beautiful picture in 3D though. The rotten fruit scene killed me.
watty
AG
Saw it last night. Seemed a little scary and emotional (death, etc) for young kids. Overall, I really liked it but like others, didn't think it was as good as Pixar's other stuff. Still, really good, and the scenery of the movie was mind blowingly good. Couldn't stop staring at it and thinking about how pretty it was. In fact, on the opening scene of the mountains, I said to my wife "wow, that's so pretty," and she was like "it's fake!" and I was like, "don't care, that's beautiful." And the whole movie was like that. Stunning scenery. I don't know how computers do things but wow.

I did like the story and the themes. I thought there were some good lessons and it will resonate with a lot of people.
Hagen95
AG
Took all the kids to see it yesterday. They loved it. One of my nine year old daughters really loved it. I caught her tearing up several times through the movie. My seven year old son who is a dinosaur lover really enjoyed it, but he enjoys all things dinosaur. He didn't rank it over Jurassic Park but like it better than the old Disney Dinosaur film.

I liked it, wasn't the best Pixar, but it was better than Inside Out, IMHO. I also enjoyed the western themed movie parts and almost didn't catch the John Ratzenberger character. The human character was great.
wcb
AG
Not my favorite Pixar move by a long shot.

And what was that short film at the beginning?!?!
spanky
AG
How was it compared to Up, the best Pixar movie ever?
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
It sucked. Both my 10yo and 6yo didn't like it. Story was awful. Seemed to drag on longer than it needed to. Won't be watching it again. Expected a lot more given Pixar's track record.
Farmer1906
AG
Decent flick. My 2 year old got scared a handful of times. Agree on it feeling like something we've seen before. Maybe a little lion kingish. But I have to say this looked like it was filmed then added Dino's added later. That is how great the backgrounds are. Just seemed real.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.