**Jessica Jones episodes 10-13 discussion**

9,717 Views | 88 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by KidDoc
Btron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Do we know why Jessica was all of a sudden not impacted by Killgrave's power?
SeattleAgJr
quote:
it Is implied that when Killgrave forced her to kill Luke's wife that it was enough for her to overcome his power.

She has been immune to him since then.
nickstro66
AG
I was really hoping to hear Matt Murdock leaving a message on Jessica's phone at the end of the last episode
BigRobSA
I can't fathom how Luke Cage can survive a friggin' explosion, while inside the building, but a mere shotgun can incapacitate him for days.

But overall, I really liked the 13 episodes that are on Netflix. Love the bingeability!
rhutton125
AG
I guess there's "unbreakable skin" and then there's "direct head trauma with a shotgun." He's extra tough but he's not invincible. Brain swelling and whatnot.
PooDoo
AG
quote:
quote:
it Is implied that when Killgrave forced her to kill Luke's wife that it was enough for her to overcome his power.

She has been immune to him since then.

Also, they said his power was a virus so it makes sense that someone with superhuman healing powers would eventually become immune.
AgsMnn
AG
quote:
I guess there's "unbreakable skin" and then there's "direct head trauma with a shotgun." He's extra tough but he's not invincible. Brain swelling and whatnot.

This. The direct trauma and pressure from the shotgun would probably do that.
BigRobSA
quote:
But the concussive blast of the explosion he was literally in the middle of is factors more intense than a mere shotgun to the face.

Not a big deal, but it left me wondering how that made it into the storyline.
rhutton125
AG
"A mere shotgun to the face" lol. Awesome

I guess it may depend on the proximity of the blast and such. As I recall (could be wrong), the building was largely intact but on fire. If it was primarily flames or shrapnel, he'd be fine. I'll have to rewatch soon.
BigRobSA

He said that Kilgrave made him light the fire that blew up the place when he knew that JJ was there watching, IIRC, so his proximity is pretty much smack dab in the middle of something that sent chairs and such shooting out of the now nonexistent windows.

Again, not really a big deal in the scheme of things, just doesn't make sense to totally come out of that in pretty perfect condition only to then get put down by a shotgun blast.
phatbc
Loved the show and definitely more than I thought I would. Kilgrave was absolutely perfect.
bearamedic99
AG
I'm not sure if I'd watch a second season. I agree with a lot of MC Swag's points (what was the point of the annoying brother sister neighbors?) and it did seem low budget. I was really annoyed about how easily Simpson got back into "the program" so he could heal and go after Kilgrave and then tried to walk away from the program so easily.

I do not think they chose Kristen R to portray a hero. What I liked about it was the way they portrayed a broken person who was trying to survive.

The writers repeatedly told us that though she is stronger than you or I, her power set was just not enough to pull off the superhero bit so it was mostly just gifts that gave her an edge with some PI work.
PatAg
AG
quote:

He said that Kilgrave made him light the fire that blew up the place when he knew that JJ was there watching, IIRC, so his proximity is pretty much smack dab in the middle of something that sent chairs and such shooting out of the now nonexistent windows.

Again, not really a big deal in the scheme of things, just doesn't make sense to totally come out of that in pretty perfect condition only to then get put down by a shotgun blast.
I don't think anyone on this thread knows enough about the physics of either explosion to comment. I would say, however, that it wasn't just a shotgun blast, but a shotgun pressed directly into his face.

I liked Daredevil much more than this show, but I still enjoyed it a lot. Of course the fight scenes weren't as good, but that should not be a surprise. They dedicate multiple episodes to him being trained to fight, whereas she is just someone that happened to get super strong and wants to hide it. Seems like an absurd complaint to me.

I really enjoyed the dude's portrayal of Luke Cage, and look forward to his show.
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
The complaints about the fights are not that she looks untrained, it's the fact that they look so low rent. They look like an Adam West's batman fight scenes...actually, I'd have probably enjoyed it more if they added a "bam!" and "pow!".

This show was just not very good. I absolutely loved Daredevil, but this show just felt low budget in comparison. I wouldn't say it was terrible, but it felt like I was watching AoS or some other network television show based on the quality. The dialogue was terrible and cheesy, the acting was often awful and over the top, the decisions made in the show were frequently absurd, the show seemed to take away Jessica's powers when it served the plot (chasing people, for example), the super soldier plot line was silly, and the lead character was unlikeable, at least for myself.

I tried to give it a shot, but I likely won't be tuning in for season 2.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
GinaLinetti
AG
Just finished it. I enjoyed it. Campy at times but entertaining
swimmerbabe11
I feel nearly certain that the sister will become a villain at some point. Her story isn't done.

Also, I thought they were hilarious and much needed comic relief.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
I feel nearly certain that the sister will become a villain at some point. Her story isn't done.

if you want a spoiler, just google her name and find out about her marvel character.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:

if you want a spoiler, just google her name and find out about her marvel character.
Was debating on posting what her comics background as where they might possibly take her character given what we know of how Jessica, and likely Luke, ended up with powers. Just as an FYI, I'm fairly certain that if AoS is going to reference Jessica Jones or Daredevil, Creel having returned to the show would be a great character to use. They've already commented in the show about how he got his powers through experimentation.

How that would play into the larger scheme of things for the TV side of things goes, but if they wanted to tie it together, this doesn't seem like a bad option. However, given how things have been playing out in the MCU between the TV shows and the movies I get the impression that if the shows are going to connect at all, it will be up to them to pick when and how they do it and then get the approval to do so.

Given all the hell that Daredevil has raised in Hell's Kitchen and while I'm sure he's on some SHIELD list somewhere, I'm a little surprised we haven't seen any agent reach out to him. Though, I'm sure if the time comes someone will pop up on their door step.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
I finished watching this last night (knocked it out in less than a week) and thought it was great. Killgrave is easily my favorite Marvel villain to date. It will be very hard to make season 2 (assuming they're making a season 2) as good as season 1 without him.
Next up, Daredevil season 2. Can't wait.
KidDoc
AG
I give it a 4/5. Some cheesiness to it but Killgrave was a great villain.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.