Saw Mockingjay Part 2

2,201 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by mullokmotx
Philip J Fry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So having read the book, I went into this movie with very low expectations compared to the previous releases. I have to say though, I enjoyed this movie every bit as much as the original Hunger Games movie and thought they did a much better job with the ending than the book. Not that they changed anything, but I felt like they did a better job telling the story itself.

Overall, old give it a solid 3.5 wing wangs out of 4.
The Debt
Did you parents pick you up on time?
Dawale
quote:
*your
LegettHall
quote:
So having read the book, I went into this movie with very low expectations compared to the previous releases. I have to say though, I enjoyed this movie every bit as much as the original Hunger Games movie and thought they did a much better job with the ending than the book. Not that they changed anything, but I felt like they did a better job telling the story itself.

Overall, old give it a solid 3.5 wing wangs out of 4.
Jennifer Lawrence is great. Saw her first in The Poker House, then Winter's Bones--she should have won an Oscar. Never seen her not be just great, including The Hunger Games. All of them.

My Mom can pick me up for I am gonna see the final having come through the rest of them.

Gross world wide:
Hunger Games--694 million
Catching Fire--865 million
Part 1--755 million

Wonder what her percentage of gross is?
Philip J Fry
AG
quote:

No, they let me drive. I promised to be home by midnight.
Rex Racer
AG
quote:
quote:

No, they let me drive. I promised to be home by midnight.
Mine are making me go to the 10:30 AM matinee tomorrow.
aglaohfour
AG
I expected to be disappointed as well, but I thought that it did justice to the book. I was supposed to take the kids (11 and 9) but they got themselves grounded yesterday and I went alone. As it turns out, were a couple of scenes that I thought were way too scary for them, so now I might actually wait until it comes out on video so we can skip those parts.

*********** Minor Spoiler if you haven't read the book ***********

In the final scene, all I could focus on was how fat that baby was. Seriously, where did they find such a fat baby?!

***********end minor spoiler**********
Philip J Fry
AG
I had the same thought. Specifically recalled the Seinfeld episode with the ugly baby.
schmendeler
AG
Your baby is breathtaking!
aznaggiegirl07
AG
quote:
I expected to be disappointed as well, but I thought that it did justice to the book. I was supposed to take the kids (11 and 9) but they got themselves grounded yesterday and I went alone. As it turns out, were a couple of scenes that I thought were way too scary for them, so now I might actually wait until it comes out on video so we can skip those parts.

*********** Minor Spoiler if you haven't read the book ***********

In the final scene, all I could focus on was how fat that baby was. Seriously, where did they find such a fat baby?!

***********end minor spoiler**********
Jennifer's nephews... both kids I believe...
duck79
AG
Did PSH die before they finished filming? I haven't read the book and was curious if they changed any scenes to account for his character being gone.
Rex Racer
AG
quote:
Did PSH die before they finished filming? I haven't read the book and was curious if they changed any scenes to account for his character being gone.

Yes, he did.
Jason Ag
AG
I don't follow this stuff closely, but I did read that they changed some stuff around. I remember thinking it was a classy move of the (director/producer?) not to replace him with a CGI or dummy. They said he was a great actor and they couldn't replace that with CGI.
mullokmotx
AG
I think the scene in Part 1 where Effie shows Katniss Cinna's sketch book and the scene in Part 2 where Haymitch reads the letter from Plutarch were the ones Hoffman was supposed to be in. He was in both scenes in the book.
Since the movies followed the book it has been interesting to see how they actually portrayed scenes in the films. They did a replay of the rooftop scene from The Hunger Games at the end of Part 2. The one thing I always thought they could have done better was to show how Katniss actually fell for Peeta. A lot of that occurred in the Catching Fire book but didn't make it into the movie.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.