****Into the Badlands Season 1****

3,480 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by jabberwalkie09
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Surprisingly doesn't look like anyone has posted on this yet so thought I'd start the thread.

Full trailer debuted last night during Walking Dead and I gotta say this is looking like it could be a lot of fun, starts on AMC in a few weeks.

Here's the ComicCon trailer from a few months back:

jabberwalkie09
AG
Reminds of the movie that Kate Bosworth was in, The Warrior's Way.
Madmarttigan
AG
anyone heard anything about this? Worth it to tune in?
Duncan Idaho
One of the ammosexuals on the board said we couldn't like it because they banned guns in the badlands universe.

So you are clearly an obama spurting liberal

Or not
Duncan Idaho
Dp
fig96
AG
Thought it was a pretty solid first episode, established the world well and some outstanding fight choreography. Obviously very Asian influenced, no Bourne shakycam stuff but clearly framed shots with lots of wire work.

Some of the setup seems a bit sterotypical but it's gorgeously shot and has some great action, I'll give it another few eps for sure.
La Fours
AG
I really liked this first episode. Should be an entertaining series.

Is this based on a graphic novel or comic? Or is this a completely new idea made into a show?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Watched it. Not too terribly sure where they are going to go with the plot, but I am intrigued. I liked the fight scenes a good bit, and yep felt like I was watching a post apocalyptic kung fu, western show. I'm in for at least a few episodes.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Liked it well enough. Willing to give it a shot. Like the Basterd Executioner, production costs have to be insane.
fig96
AG
Believe it's a totally new concept, though wikipedia says it's loosely based on the classic Chinese tale Journey to the West.

La Fours
AG
Cool
Nagler
AG
I think the most unrealistic part of the whole show was that we were supposed to believe he dug that pit with a flat nosed shovel.
Bryan98
AG
Watched it last night, thought it was awesome. And yeah, production values were through the roof for a TV show. Most of it was indistinguishable from a movie.

DO NOT WATCH if you don't like cool stuff.

I will happily watch seven seasons of this show. It makes me want to get back to watching wuxia movies and such like I used to.
jabberwalkie09
AG
So we're two episodes in now. I'm still enjoying the ride. What about the rest of y'all?
La Fours
AG
So far so good.
Oh no, we suck again?
AG
Another hit show that AMC has come up with... Interesting take on things.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Definitely an interesting show.
Stive
AG
I'm intrigued so far.

I'm in for a bit.
MaroonStain
AG
I'm in. Bookmarked.
Ridge14
LawAg05
AG
Still don't get how they can have motorized vehicles yet no guns.

Excellent fighting scenes though.
Madmarttigan
AG
Enjoying it so far.
hurleyag
AG
My season finale prediction is one of the original barrens had a stache of guns.

Of course this would ruin the premise of the entire show so it is extremely unlikely.
Squirrel Master
AG
The entire show is predicated on not having guns. They dealt with it in the first episode saying that 'Guns had been banned' or something, to explain why they weren't there though other technology does exist. I doubt guns ever appear or are brought up again, unless when the show concludes as a way to end the story... the way of life of the Clipper no longer being necessary for this world because of guns.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I've missed the first episodes. Anywhere I can go to catch up?
Ridge14
quote:
Episode 1 and 2 available with no tv provider login here: http://www.amc.com/shows/into-the-badlands

I'm sure you could find episode 3 on some streaming website. If not, with the walking dead mid season finale having happened last night maybe they'll start showing the previous weeks episode before the next one on Sunday nights.
La Fours
AG
Actually, I believe they are showing all the episodes of Into the Badlands next Sunday before the new one airs.
Squirrel Master
AG
I'm very interested in this show. I'm not sure about the story, and I feel like it could be one of those shows where at the end of the year, you can summarize the major plot movement into a total of three sentences. But the fight scenes are truly beautiful. Pretty much on par with the best ever in movies.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
Episode 1 and 2 available with no tv provider login here: http://www.amc.com/shows/into-the-badlands

I'm sure you could find episode 3 on some streaming website. If not, with the walking dead mid season finale having happened last night maybe they'll start showing the previous weeks episode before the next one on Sunday nights.
Ep 3 now up on amc.com.
Madmarttigan
AG
quote:
I'm very interested in this show. I'm not sure about the story, and I feel like it could be one of those shows where at the end of the year, you can summarize the major plot movement into a total of three sentences. But the fight scenes are truly beautiful. Pretty much on par with the best ever in movies.

Sunny trains MK. Sunny escapes. Baron Quin chases.

Buy seriously it seems like they are at least setting up 2 plot lines that should keep it interesting. Baron quin gaining power and turf wars with the other barons as well as sunny's family storyline.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
My season finale prediction is one of the original barrens had a stache of guns.

I know this show is chock full of style and over the top violence, but you seriously think that there's a desolate area somewhere that has a mustache made of guns?
Bryan98
AG
Also, the idea that anyone would obey the ban on guns seems laughable, since they would convey such a huge advantage upon their users. Maybe they will explain this away by saying that all the barons have them squirreled away somewhere, in the event that someone ever starts using them.

I kind of hope it gets dealt with, but on the other hand, it may just be something you have to accept in order to enjoy this gorgeous, stylish show.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Really enjoying this show.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Next week is apparently the finale. Seems like a lot of loose ends.

Sonny letting the Widow go was weak sauce. Otherwise, good episode.
La Fours
AG
Yep, loads of loose ends. This show has been really good so far. I wonder how long we will have to wait for season 2?
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.